PDA

View Full Version : Aircraft List - UPDATED

DD_NL
12-01-2004, 09:13 AM
I updated the Ac list I posted yesterday.
I removed the Actual Year column because I found it not be as important as the Special Features column that I added. I believe this list should be a big help to all mission builders. I do wish there was a way to have it organized like this in the GUI, man what a mess that is if you have to sort through it.
Anyways, enjoy :-)

HTML version here:

http://home.tiscali.nl/ddonline/IL-2/SelectableAircraftList.htm

Excel version here: right-click/save as:

http://home.tiscali.nl/ddonline/IL-2/SelectableAircraftList.xls

frior-one
12-01-2004, 09:40 AM
would you pp me your email address.
i have taken the libery of making some change to your database and i would like you have a look.
i have added a feature to make any of your columns selectable ie list all planes from 1939 or all usa, then any ai etc. it may choose useful for people building a fmg and what to select from a type of plane set.

DD_NL
12-01-2004, 09:53 AM
Frior, I sent you my email, thanks for the help!
This will be the mother of all aircraft lists, lol.

Tooz_69GIAP
12-01-2004, 10:35 AM
nitpick again http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif

The B-25G and H would probably be classed as ground attack as they have hard noses. But the B-25C and J would be classed as bombers in my opinion, as they are equipped with level bomb sights. The J can be used in the ground attack role due to the blister gun packs it has which pack a nice punch, but I would class that as a bomber.

C-47, Li-2 & L2D, transport.

And the P-38s I would class as fighter bombers rather than ground attack, because their primary function was as a fighter aircraft I believe (correct me if I'm wrong).

PBN-1, recon/bomber.

G-11, transport/glider.

MBR-2, I'd say this was recon/bomber aircraft, but not entirely sure. I think the majority of seaplanes were recon/rescue aircraft in WWII, as well as carrying bombs for ASW missions, and anti-shipping, etc.

And I notice you still have the Pe-2 variants classed as fighter bombers. I would say these are bombers, as they were designed as dive/level bombers.

The U-2VS, now that I would not say is a fighter, as I don't believe it had any forward firing armament?? It was a recon/bomber/trainer aircraft. But I'm not sure which category you'd be likely to place it.

And the Ju-87 variants (except the G-1) I would class as bombers as they are primarily dive bombers. The G-1 I would class as a GA aircraft as it doesn't carry bombs in the game, and is designed to kill stuff by firing projectiles, rather than dropping certain tonnages onto a target.

Ar-196, I'm not sure what this was used for, but I would hazard at recon as I believe they were launched of battleships and heavy cruisers to scout ahead. So I'd say recon/bomber.

The Fi-156 Storch is a recon aircraft.

The FW-189 certainly isn't a fighter. It's a recon plane that carries bombs. You would probably put it in the same category as the U-2VS.

And the He-111Z was a glider tug for the huge Me-321. Don't know what category you could put that in. Maybe transport?

For transport aircraft, the Ju-52's would probably go in there too.

The Ju-88 is a bomber. We don't have a zerstoerer version in the game (.....yet http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif ).

Me-321, transport/glider.

Me-323, transport.

D3A1, bomber.

Ki-46-III Recce is not a fighter. It has no armament. It is a recon aircraft.

That's how I would class them anyway.

Don't take it the wrong way, it's a great list, and will be very helpful. Thanks for creating it!!!!

DD_NL
12-01-2004, 11:15 AM
Bring it on punk!
Lol, the more you nitpick, the better this list will get. I'll make the changes and thanks for the input!

JR_Greenhorn
12-01-2004, 12:23 PM
One thing that would be helpful is a comment on which planes can tow a glider.
Off the top of my head, I know that C-47, Pe-8, He 11Z, and Bf 110G-2 are all glider tugs. I think there is more, though.

The Li-2 should be a Russian plane, and the L2D should be a Japanese plane. The UK and others might have used C-47s, but none of the allies would have used the L2D, and the Li-2 wasn't likey used by any nation other than Russia.

One thing that would really help me out as a mission builder is a more detailed description of what the intended role of the different fighter variants is. For example, I know that the FWE 190F-8 was a dedicated ground attack version of the FW 190 (it's still a fighter and not a ground attack plane, though), while the other FW 190A variants had their own different intended uses.

For the Yak planes, the Yak-9T, Yak-9K, and Yak-9UT are all large (T:37mm, K:45mm) cannon-armed variants for ground attack. The Yak-9D is a long-range variant of the Yak-9 family, but other than that it's just a fighter.

It might be helpful to include more detailed descriptions of the fighter types, like Interceptor, Jabo (Fighter-Bomber), Bomber-destroyer (I forget what the word is, but these planes are often different from interceptors), multirole figher, and carrier-fighter (which usually defines the plane's role as well as it's equipment).

Similarly, the bombers could be broken down to Dive bombers, Heavy or strategic bombers, level bombers (bombsight equipped), tactical bombers, naval bomber, etc.

DD_NL
12-01-2004, 12:39 PM
<< One thing that would be helpful is a comment on which planes can tow a glider.
Off the top of my head, I know that C-47, Pe-8, He 11Z, and Bf 110G-2 are all glider tugs. I think there is more, though.

The Li-2 should be a Russian plane, and the L2D should be a Japanese plane. The UK and others might have used C-47s, but none of the allies would have used the L2D, and the Li-2 wasn't likey used by any nation other than Russia. >>

Ok I fixed the above part.
As for the actual ac designation, I dont know those. I can see if I can find it somewhere, or maybe Tooz knows, he's been pretty helpful with that. The more input I get, the better this list will be. I will add make changes when possible.

JR_Greenhorn
12-01-2004, 08:57 PM
This list is a great idea! It will make a great quick reference for mission builders, as well as prove helpful with those new to the game and unfamiliar with all the different planes.
If you don't mind, I'll try to help out as much as I can.

Some more input, then:

Related to the Country classification:
I'm not sure if your country classifications go by the country that built the plane or the country that used it in combat, but here are some updates at any rate.

P.11c is a Polish plane

J8A is a Swedish plane, but used by Finland

B-239 is either a Swedish or Finnish version of the F2A, but it saw action in Finnish ranks

G.50 is an Italian plane, but FB probably focuses in its use in Finland

MS-406, MS-410 are French planes, but the are in FB because they were used by Finland

M¶rk¶ Morane is a Finnish plane

Corsair Mks I, II, & IV; Avenger Mk III; Tomawak Mk IIA&B are all British designations for American-built planes, used by the British and Commonwealth countries. These planes should all definately be classified as British planes.

Both P-40E M-105 and Hurricane Mk II Field Mod should be Russian planes.

Planes like P-39Q, P-63C, PBN, and maybe some others are American planes that were pretty much only used in combat by the Russians. This needs verification, of exactly which models were only used by the Russians.

I think the Beaufighter may have been primarily built and operated by the Austrailians, but I think it was a British design. Someone who knows more about that plane should confirm that.

Hawks 75 & 81 I think are the manufacturer's (Curtiss) designation for these American-built planes. I know several countries used one version of a Hawk or another, but I'm not really sure what planes these are representing in game. Need more info here too, then.

I know there is a group that discusses the FW 190 around here pretty frequently who could probably help sort out the intended uses of the different variants of that plane.