PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed 3 and beyond

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

crysty1975
10-05-2009, 02:49 AM
Assassins creed should not be just a trilogy, this game is very good idea. Must make best use and protect as many parts.I want to play next Assassins Creed 3 with the action in Ancient Rome, Roman emperors http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roman_Empire the time (Julius Caesar) http:/ / en.wikipedia.org / wiki / Julius_Caesar, the gladiators, the wars of the Romans.
Many games that had nothing to say they had many sequels, the idea of this game should not stop at more 3.

crysty1975
10-05-2009, 02:49 AM
Assassins creed should not be just a trilogy, this game is very good idea. Must make best use and protect as many parts.I want to play next Assassins Creed 3 with the action in Ancient Rome, Roman emperors http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roman_Empire the time (Julius Caesar) http:/ / en.wikipedia.org / wiki / Julius_Caesar, the gladiators, the wars of the Romans.
Many games that had nothing to say they had many sequels, the idea of this game should not stop at more 3.

PlagueDoctor357
10-05-2009, 02:51 AM
This has been done countless times, in fact I think we even had a thread almost named the same.

Hit the search button!!
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/crackwhip.gif

thekyle0
10-16-2009, 04:08 PM
Considering that the active AC3 topic was closed, it might just be worth it to bring this one to the top before a new thread gets started for it. (because this was the most recent one without a padlock) If I'm wrong, then I'm sorry and a padlock should solve the problem.

So if this topic is allowed to continue, please don't start talking about a woman assassin in WW2. It's been pointed out by forum members, and Atmon himself, that a developer was being misquoted and that was the cause of all those articles talking about WW2 as if it were confirmed as the next time period.

P.S. Xanatos, I'm the one who's been playing with you necromancer's codex. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

Auditore_thingy
10-16-2009, 05:00 PM
The timeframe has advanced to far to be in Roman times, but I think it would be fun to have pre WW1 Britain. Possibly a time during the Age of Exploration?

keepth3beat
10-17-2009, 04:08 AM
Well y'know, I guess if we're going by technical definition, Assassin's Creed isn't really a trilogy, considering we have Altair's Chronicles (which may or may not count, depending on who you ask, LOL), Bloodlines, and Discovery.

And chances are, by the time AC3 rolls around, we'll probably get at least one more game based off of the AC2 storyline for a portable system.

While I think it would be awesome if they just kept making console games for Assassin's Creed, I doubt they would. :[ And to set it in Ancient Rome wouldn't exactly be consistent, considering that that time period was about 1000 years before the *first* AC game.

Personally, I'd like to see an AC game set in America/an Allied nation during the WWII time period, but without a focus on the actual battles (omfg, there was more stuff going on than shooting people in the face?! HOLY COW~~). WWI would be pretty cool, too. They could have Teddy Roosevelt in the game. Then I'd have to hope they'd get Robin Williams to play him, haha.

moqqy
10-17-2009, 05:37 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by keepth3beat:
(omfg, there was more stuff going on than shooting people in the face?! HOLY COW~~). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Shooting them in the stomach?

davethepaveway
10-17-2009, 06:22 AM
haha i could think of far worse and funnier places to shoot somebody

Korejo
10-17-2009, 07:28 AM
@ keepth3beat:

For what u said to me in the other thread..

NO kid i m not a troll.. i was just posting my opinion like everybody else.. I wasnt even talking to you or about u :S... but now i am gonna give u millions of reasons why there should be no female protanogist for AC.. the reasons are............
<span class="ev_code_RED">Comments Removed</span>

Cpt.Gumz
10-17-2009, 07:38 AM
I think it should take place in Yonaguni couse it's a lost civilization and they can do what ever they want with it for example people say it isn't good to go back before AC2 cause now they have banking system and it would be a big step back but with Yonaguni they can justmake up a banking system and more they can do whatever they want

moqqy
10-17-2009, 10:53 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Korejo:
@ keepth3beat:

For what u said to me in the other thread..

NO kid i m not a troll.. i was just posting my opinion like everybody else.. I wasnt even talking to you or about u :S... but now i am gonna give u millions of reasons why there should be no female protanogist for AC.. the reasons are............
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmm? But keepth3beat had very reasonable suggestions.

Realjambo
10-17-2009, 11:23 AM
Korejo

If you have issues with another members posts contact a Moderator.

Taking bets on how long it takes until this thread is closed....

keepth3beat
10-17-2009, 02:15 PM
...Do I have a stalker now? I'm almost curious to see how long that post was before it was edited. LOL.

Anyway.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by moqqy:
Shooting them in the stomach? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Exactly. I'm so glad someone *finally* understands...! ;P

But in all seriousness, I think America would be a really fun setting from the 1920s - 1940s. Not only because of the spike in immigration (we could possibly follow Desmond's grandparents into America), but also because America itself had so much character during that time period, what with the two wars in less than 40 years, the great depression, and the sudden surge in the economy and patriotism.

So focusing on the social aspects of the war(s) would be pretty cool for this sort of game, I think.

thekyle0
10-17-2009, 02:17 PM
It wasn't very lengthy, just rude.

There isn't really a good time period in American history that fits well for an AC game. Well, I guess there may be a few. But there are a lot of better ones in other parts of the world.

keepth3beat
10-17-2009, 02:26 PM
True, American history may be a bit awkward to suddenly throw in there, considering. And in all honesty, I think they're probably just going to have the third one entirely in the 'present day' anyway, but... where's the fun in discussing and theorizing that? XD

breakdown89
10-17-2009, 02:28 PM
the french revolution would be a good one to set it in, or a WWII game.......nah, we have too many of those already lol.

Ezio_475
10-17-2009, 02:36 PM
Assassins creed will never go past WW1, if it does, it just isn't an assassins creed game. Nor will it ever have alot of guns, so i doubt it will ever go past the 1800s even

DeSabellis
10-17-2009, 02:51 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Realjambo:
Taking bets on how long it takes until this thread is closed.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What currency do you accept?

Cpt.Gumz
10-18-2009, 12:34 PM
Does anyone support my Yonaguni suggetion ?

caswallawn_2k7
10-18-2009, 12:49 PM
I stand by London 1888 http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

thekyle0
10-18-2009, 02:42 PM
Cas, Jack was not an assassin and the Templars did not disguise themselves as prostitutes.

keepth3beat
10-18-2009, 03:00 PM
Well, Kyle. Now I'm just disappointed. If a templar in a flashy dress is wrong, I don't want to be right...!!

Haha, or if we did London maybe we could do like, Wolfman's Creed. That would be sweeeeet. You could turn into a wolf on random nights and just go berserk and find out that you accidentally killed your target.

caswallawn_2k7
10-18-2009, 05:32 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by thekyle0:
Cas, Jack was not an assassin and the Templars did not disguise themselves as prostitutes. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
that's what they want you to think http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

thekyle0
10-18-2009, 06:40 PM
Think about it. Almost everybody would like others to not think they dress like a prostitute. It's a typical reaction. There's nothing suspicious about it.

Coolgerb
10-18-2009, 07:33 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Realjambo:
Taking bets on how long it takes until this thread is closed.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

5 Days.

Sparta955
10-18-2009, 07:35 PM
Wouldn't mind AC3 to be in Rome. Don't think they ever said they wouldn't go back in time even further, and in my opinion no reason to go forwards into politically stable time periods, of course relative to the Roman era, where assassination was common.

Who knows.

OniLinkSword
10-18-2009, 07:42 PM
To be honest, I always thought the American revolution would be cool for an AC game. I'm not saying this because I am American. The founding fathers of America were some sneaky SOBs. Check out this artical (https://www.cia.gov/library/center-for-the-study-of-intelligence/csi-publications/books-and-monographs/the-founding-fathers-of-american-intelligence/art-1.html) on the CIA website. Aside from the higher guys, many of the tactics used from people down lower would fit perfectly into the game.

joshua200830
10-18-2009, 08:50 PM
they cant do rome it has been confirmed for this game they want to bring new stuff to the table every time

Sparta955
10-18-2009, 08:55 PM
And how would making it in ancient Rome not bring new stuff to the table? Its a completely different time period with different weapons and insane politics. And the city of Rome itself is completely different.. Going forwards in time doesn't make sense to me, as its when guns became prominent and Assassinations became less.. interesting IMO.

Looking back now the only evidence they have for making the game never earlier than 1191 is when Lucy said that they started the fight in the 3rd Crusade, but even that might not be definitive enough.

keepth3beat
10-19-2009, 02:59 AM
Placing AC3 in Rome wouldn't bring new stuff to the table because we're already going to Rome in AC2. And while it's a completely different time period with different social behaviors, economics, and hierarchical structures, it's still the same place, and the Italian culture still remains.

Not to mention, going farther back in time (by, oh, let's say 1500 years) would be almost like taking a literal step backwards, I think. If they wanted to take things that far back, I think they would have done so originally, because they're trying to build up the story through these different arcs and ancestors.

I kind of think of it as a boiling pot. AC1 was in 1192 (IIRC), so it's on low heat. AC2 will be across a time span in the 1400's, a time even closer to the present day (and furthering the theory that Desmond is actually relevant to this story other than sharing the same genes), bringing us to a medium heat.

To bring it back to ancient Rome and Julius Cesar (which, I can't remember entirely, he and Marc Antony spanned from late BC to early AD, yeah?) would almost be like taking away that intensity, that heat from Desmond, and taking away his relevance to the story.

So if you'll let me step down from my soapbox, that's why I think AC3 will only continue closer to the present day. Whether or not it will actually be present day, or a time period in between, time will have to tell!

OHS_90
10-19-2009, 03:55 AM
Going further back than the Crusades would be weird in my opinion. As others have said there wouldnt be much more you could bring to the AC table apart from the odd toga or two. But then going foreward into the future, so to speak, would bring guns into the equation and the game may end up like Splinter Cell Conviction or the like.

Also, and im sure someone has mentioned it, they are Templars, and the Knights Templar wernt around before the crusades era. Unless of course they go nuts and say that the Templars were previously known as the Praetorian Guard if they did the Roman era. And whilst your at it you might as well go the whole nine yards and say they were also Alexander the Great's Companions (bodyguard unit) as well as the Persian Immortals.

Xanatos2007
10-19-2009, 04:38 AM
They were? So that means... the Assassins were 300 Spartans!

Yeah, that wouldn't be a very good game.

OniLinkSword
10-19-2009, 06:03 AM
I think it would be cool to go back to cover the origins of the artifacts and where they got their power. Maybe it would be better as a side comic or something.

NuclearFuss
10-19-2009, 02:19 PM
You never know, AC Lineage might talk about it.

thekyle0
10-19-2009, 02:32 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by OHS_90:
...And whilst your at it you might as well go the whole nine yards and say they were also Alexander the Great's Companions (bodyguard unit) as well as the Persian Immortals. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> That wouldn't makes sense if they were the immortals. The immortals were a vast fighitng force comprised primarily of slaves and conscripts. It's possible that the Templars - I'm only refering to them as Templars. I'm aware the order wasn't around back then. It's just the name they go by in AC1. Like OHS_90 began to say, they would have to go by a different name in a different time.) - getting back - It's possible that the Templars would be Persian nobility, or even the godking himself, but they wouldn't be common foot soldiers at that time. I'm pretty sure that some of the Templars from AC1 didn't have a clue what conspiracies their brotherhood was involved in, given that secretive organizations work on a need-to-know basis.

Sparta955
10-19-2009, 02:35 PM
Immortals weren't common footsoldiers, they were 10,000 Persian elites hand-picked by the Emperor of Persia. When one died he was immediately replaced by someone of the same skill, hence the name Immortals.

thekyle0
10-19-2009, 02:39 PM
Of course, the thinking in the Persian military was that they would only arm their "elite troops" with only a skirmishering spear, a wicker shield, and a hood with thin, black silk to hide their face.

NuclearFuss
10-19-2009, 02:42 PM
Oh he's just trying to make Sparta look good Kyle, hence his username.

thekyle0
10-19-2009, 02:50 PM
Yes, but the thing is that the Spartans actually had over 6000 men with them. At the point where they were fewest - the damn Phoecians cut and run, they were supposed to guard the flanking pass but ran back to their city state when they saw the persians advancing through it. - and even after Leonidos sent some back to their cities he still hade about 4000 hoplites.

But the funniest part is that they all would have died for nothing if it hadn't been for an Atlantean Admiral keeping the Persians from advancing on the Greek shore by sea.

OHS_90
10-19-2009, 02:53 PM
Just a note, I was being sarcastic in reference to the Immortals and Companions. I would actually greatly dislike it if they went that far back in time.

The Praetorian Guard would be the only group that would probably work well if they did go right back to ancient Rome for some reason.

Auditore_thingy
10-19-2009, 03:01 PM
Maybe the French Revolution? American Revolution? American Civil War? all those times they had lots of guys after the leaders to kil them, but they never really succeeeded..........

EmperorxZurg
10-19-2009, 05:02 PM
We can't do the American rev or the Civil war because of EVERYONE having guns and turning it into a shooter. the French rev is still possible though since Patrice said himself that they were considering it, but from the rennaisiance to the French seems like a small jump though, would probably just be Ezio's grandson, o and another thing,THIS (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4pEKQ_zUBo) is why we don't want AC3 in Japan with assassins. It's already been donehttp://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

Sparta955
10-19-2009, 07:19 PM
French Revolution=1789 AD
AC2=1476 AD
AC1=1191 AD

thats pretty much the same number of years, and the French Revolution was 10 years long so it makes sense, but guns were becoming accurate with the invention of rifling and common with the invention of mass production.

OniLinkSword
10-19-2009, 08:26 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by d1sturbedme_468:
We can't do the American rev or the Civil war because of EVERYONE having guns and turning it into a shooter. the French rev is still possible though since Patrice said himself that they were considering it, but from the rennaisiance to the French seems like a small jump though, would probably just be Ezio's grandson, o and another thing,THIS (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4pEKQ_zUBo) is why we don't want AC3 in Japan with assassins. It's already been donehttp://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Why not the American rev? Guns were hugely inaccurate and were limited to one bullet before they had to reload. Bladed weapons still had a great roll. Also, you don't have to be on a battlefield to make a game based on the time period. Heck, You don't even have to be in the Colonies (A LOT of stuff happened over seas.)

EmperorxZurg
10-19-2009, 08:42 PM
yes, but the team seems to be shooting for what the main show was, which was the battles at the american rev. And even if they make the guns innacurate, you still are probably gonna have a lot of shooting missions because like Sparta said, with the rifling and mass production, they were common, had some range, and even with the pistol instead, had a high chance of still fatally wounding the opposition, so that's why that would be ruled out.
@Sparta: they do seem the same amount of years apart, but if it happens, the character will have to be mostly mad at King Louis XVI because that's who it was all against, there might be a part where u assassinate Morat who the people held highly and then was assassinated by Marie Antoinette I guess

SinNyxAtra
10-19-2009, 08:46 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif I still stand by my statement from a previous and similar thread to climb/leap of faith Notre Dame. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif

EmperorxZurg
10-19-2009, 08:51 PM
ah, but remember how Patrice said they wanted to do time periods where the world changed? What time period involved the eastern half of france besides the French Rev when the French Rev didn't even involve it during the revolution?

Sparta955
10-19-2009, 09:06 PM
30 Years War, War of Spanish Succession, Franco-Dutch War, War of Austrian Succession, take your pick. And it was a ten year period, started in 1789-1799, he died in '91, you could have the events involving the deaths of many faction leaders that occured in that 10 year period. Im sure they could figure it out.

OniLinkSword
10-20-2009, 12:30 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by d1sturbedme_468:
yes, but the team seems to be shooting for what the main show was, which was the battles at the american rev. And even if they make the guns innacurate, you still are probably gonna have a lot of shooting missions because like Sparta said, with the rifling and mass production, they were common, had some range, and even with the pistol instead, had a high chance of still fatally wounding the opposition, so that's why that would be ruled out. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I don't agree. First, even though a lot of fighting happened on the battlefield, the main part of the A.R. happened all over including France. I'm sure there would be missions based AROUND the battlefield, but not in it.

Second, how much more deadly is an old pistol versus a crossbow or sword? Assassin's Creed 1 wasn't very realistic because you could take "100 blows to the head" with a sword. If they add pistol enemies, it would add challenge to the game and would still have good AC style gameplay. Besides, Ezio already HAS a pistol.

Orao94
10-20-2009, 12:56 AM
Well so far the game has progressed in roughly 300 year intervals, 1190 AD, 1476 AD, next would be late 1700 or early 1800's. Ancient Rome would severely limit the game, hidden blades were considered advanced during the 3rd crusade, but in roman times it simply isn't achievable. I would make the FR my pick, simply because it symbolises the beginning of the overthrowal of the monarchies of Europe and the birth of new, controvertial ideologies, a period of cataclysmic shifts in society. The ideas of the french revolution spread throughout Europe and soon begun to take root in many nations, reforming society in many aspects. It seems a logical progression from the setting of AC2 http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/winky.gif

Xanatos2007
10-20-2009, 01:43 AM
Many people would oppose the use of firearms in AC though, but I think the muskets/rifles from the FR would fit quite nicely; they'd just replace archers. Longer reload times in exchange for greater accuracy & range. Not sure about damage though...

keepth3beat
10-20-2009, 02:25 AM
yes, but the team seems to be shooting for what the main show was, which was the battles at the american rev. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I disagree--how much of the actual crusades did we see in AC1? Absolutely none! The crusades acted more as a historical backdrop for tension and some outside motivation as to why it would appear that the targets behaved the way that they did (when in actuality they were doing so for the Piece of Eden).

So while I don't personally agree with the American Revolution as an appropriate time setting, using the excuse of the involvement of the battlefields to turn it into a shooter isn't really a sound argument.

If they're aiming for a time period that involved massive changes in the way the world operated, it might be interesting to have it set during the industrial revolution, which sort of acts as a "modern-day" renaissance. Granted, while it doesn't match the time-leap pattern, and it might seem a bit repetitive when we already set it in the Italian renaissance, it's certainly an idea. Especially in America (which may be an acceptable option for the 3rd, considering we don't know exactly when Desmond's parents immigrated), with all of the battles between companies for monopolies, the mistreatment of immigrants (hell, my grandma would tell me about how she would get harassed for being half-Italian, and this was in the 1940s!), horrible working conditions, and all sorts of other social/economic issues that would make for an interesting game.

Plus, it's an excuse for pseudo-steampunk, which I can never say no to.

Impulsez
10-20-2009, 02:41 AM
I would have to agree.... while reading the last few posts i was only thinking of one period in time... the industrial revolution... tho i would rather have it in England because i wanna climb up Big Ben :P (that would be fun)... honestly i don't know the date of that but i'm sure guns wouldn't be THAT used... I'm only 15 so don't call me stupid for not know all this but i don't think any MAJOUR wars were going on... so there woyuldn't be many guns... but whats the point of having an AC where there is no point in fighting so that doesn't work....

Also AC is more fanmtasy with the piece of Eden... maybe you could go to a parrallel universe or osmethign use your imagination i mean the Piece of eden is magical sorta thing so there could be something more fantasy in the setting.

An other idea is if the Character Desmond possibly uses (i say possibly because everoye is saying a date for him to go back to in the animus but you never know could be set ALL in desmonds time) could use the Peice of Eden to go back in time to stop people beleiving in Jesus (because Jesus wasn't real in the game as the leader of the assassins said in the first game the water to wine, walking on water all of it was the work of the orb. So the protaganist in the third game could stop the Illusion of god been spread to the world through Jesus and the use of the Orb.

Religious people plz don't critisize or get angry i'm not trying to start anything but just saying a point of view depicted in the game.

OniLinkSword
10-20-2009, 04:21 AM
@keepth3beat

The industrial revolution actually sounds pretty cool. It's back in old New York and London with higher buildings the climb. There are still horses in the cities. There is a lot of style and new inventions (although most of it is for industrial use). Steam! I think a train mission might be cool. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/winky.gif

The only major problem I see is the introduction of revolvers. Meaning that people will have more multi-shot weapons than before. Then again, how are they going to do the Desmond segments? I hope he does more than just walk around through the entire series (I know they said he would do more in AC2).

EmperorxZurg
10-20-2009, 08:11 AM
@impulsez: prepare to be owned by a 14 year old then lol jk. Guns were invented in pistoia, Italy in 1389{hence the name "pistol" the first gun made}Since then guns hadn't become widely used except by nobles to show off wealth, but then around the 18th century they started being mass produced along with bigger and gradually more accurate pistols with "rifled" barrels. They became known as rifles.
@keepth3beat: I guess I just don't like it, because even if we skirt the fights, there will still be outbreaks in small cities that have patriots hat you can't miss and there's no way to avoid having guns. I'm just not for it, but the devs did say that they can set it in any period they want, even back in time. But they want to try and put it in a time when the world changed significantly so there could be a lot of times to choose I guess.
But back @impulsez: the game never said Jesus was not real. He stated that ALL religious acts done by ALL the prophets of major religions were illusions{which I seriously do NOT believe in...don't get me started} And patrice said himself he will never put thw whole game in Desmond's time since then it would basically be called Desmond's creed

Marek10375
10-20-2009, 12:00 PM
the time base has to be right after Ezio's quest. Like AC1, AC2 started right after AC1 ended so some time right after the Italian Renaissance. But it would be kool to see if it were in the recent past. like something that would lead more into conspiracy, like AC1 at the end.

BladeInCrowd
10-20-2009, 12:02 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by OniLinkSword:
@keepth3beat

The industrial revolution actually sounds pretty cool. It's back in old New York and London with higher buildings the climb. There are still horses in the cities. There is a lot of style and new inventions (although most of it is for industrial use). Steam! I think a train mission might be cool. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/winky.gif

The only major problem I see is the introduction of revolvers. Meaning that people will have more multi-shot weapons than before. Then again, how are they going to do the Desmond segments? I hope he does more than just walk around through the entire series (I know they said he would do more in AC2). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I like this idea. I think it should still be set in the past, but more closer to the morden age, and setting it during the Industral age would show how they work with the changing times.

keepth3beat
10-20-2009, 02:34 PM
Well, something y'all need to keep in mind is this: just because guns existed during a certain time period doesn't mean they were widely used by every single person in the entire world. I mean, think about it--this game is called Assassin's Creed. Up until recently, we haven't had access to guns that could kill quietly and efficiently with silencers.

Now, let's go crazy and pretend that the new game actually is set in the Industrial Revolution. Yes, revolvers are available, but much like the single-shot pistol in AC2, they're loud. I'd imagine if they did introduce the idea of the third assassin (if that assassin isn't Desmond) using a 6-shot revolver, they would introduce similar difficulties in using it. For one, you'd have to frequently pickpocket new bullets. Those revolvers weren't quiet, either. Also, hiding a revolver isn't quite as easy as hiding a one-shot pistol under your sleeve, so I'd imagine you could attract quite a bit of attention in that respect.

I guess the short version of this is: Guns existing =/= shooter.

Oh, and also, a steam train mission sounds effing SWEET~

kyleagius
10-20-2009, 05:11 PM
Ummmm Im relativley new to guessing at possible AC3 Theories but what about Henry VII's Britain?
That was a time of major political and religious upheaval and many assassinations did take place.
By then Britain was becoming a place where other cultures passed through often and a major port for trading.
Plus the war with the Vatican and Spain and France all the internal workings are rather interesting really...

~Agius

Sparta955
10-20-2009, 05:37 PM
@impulsez: prepare to be owned by a 14 year old then lol jk. Guns were invented in pistoia, Italy in 1389{hence the name "pistol" the first gun made} </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The pistol was not the first gun made, the cannon was around for quite some time, even Archimedes had plans for a steam gun but it never took off.

In military parlance, a gun is a muzzle or breech-loaded projectile-firing weapon.

Guns were invented in China in the 13th century, and hand cannons were popular among the Turks by the early 14th century.

I suppose it depends on your definition of gun.

OniLinkSword
10-20-2009, 05:43 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by keepth3beat:
Well, something y'all need to keep in mind is this: just because guns existed during a certain time period doesn't mean they were widely used by every single person in the entire world. I mean, think about it--this game is called Assassin's Creed. Up until recently, we haven't had access to guns that could kill quietly and efficiently with silencers.

Now, let's go crazy and pretend that the new game actually is set in the Industrial Revolution. Yes, revolvers are available, but much like the single-shot pistol in AC2, they're loud. I'd imagine if they did introduce the idea of the third assassin (if that assassin isn't Desmond) using a 6-shot revolver, they would introduce similar difficulties in using it. For one, you'd have to frequently pickpocket new bullets. Those revolvers weren't quiet, either. Also, hiding a revolver isn't quite as easy as hiding a one-shot pistol under your sleeve, so I'd imagine you could attract quite a bit of attention in that respect.

I guess the short version of this is: Guns existing =/= shooter.

Oh, and also, a steam train mission sounds effing SWEET~ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I know it wont be a shooter, the problem is the bullets from others. I know not everyone has it, but there will still be a decent amount of people. There's also the balancing problem that's easy to fix with the one shot pistols. It could easily go overboard if they aren't careful. I'm sure they could figure out the problem though.

About concealing the pistol...
http://www.genitron.com/Unique/palm-pistol-b.jpg
Yeah. A 6 shot assassin's pistol (http://www.genitron.com/P2Unique-Detail.asp?ID=15) of the time in the palm of your hand. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

It supports your idea though.

keepth3beat
10-20-2009, 06:11 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by OniLinkSword:
Yeah. A 6 shot assassin's pistol (http://www.genitron.com/P2Unique-Detail.asp?ID=15) of the time in the palm of your hand. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That thing is sweeeeet. I want one!

Although if they did want to use that concealable 6-shot pistol, I'd have to wonder if the bullets are the same caliber as most common pistols, or if you'd need specialized bullets for it. In which case, you'd need a Leonardo-type BFF to help you out when you needed to reload.

EmperorxZurg
10-20-2009, 06:55 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sparta955:
@impulsez: prepare to be owned by a 14 year old then lol jk. Guns were invented in pistoia, Italy in 1389{hence the name "pistol" the first gun made} </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The pistol was not the first gun made, the cannon was around for quite some time, even Archimedes had plans for a steam gun but it never took off.

In military parlance, a gun is a muzzle or breech-loaded projectile-firing weapon.

Guns were invented in China in the 13th century, and hand cannons were popular among the Turks by the early 14th century.

I suppose it depends on your definition of gun. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I never read about that in all the history of gun books I've read for the China thing, the earliest Chinese weapon I know of was made 200 years after Pistoia's. And perhaps I should have been more precise. I meant to say handheld, a cannon is too big to lug anywhere lol
and@Keepth3beat: if ur pickpocketing bullets off of people, why would they have it if they didn't have a revolver in the first place? and you can hide a revolver quite easily, all u need is some type of coat lol. And just because they're loud doesn't stop people from buying them, on the contrary more people would be buying them, especially since mass production has been made and you can buy them cheaper than handmade ones. and most snipers aren't quite either, assassins still use them in modern times and even short range pistols without silencers and just have a good escape plan or a way to muffle it with an even louder noise like a train horn or a cheering crowd in an auditorium. so still, guns won;'t make it a shooter, but people will basically using it more and more and then asking the devs for this type of gun and another and different upgrades until it is a shooter by AC3

Sparta955
10-20-2009, 07:33 PM
http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/800px-yuan-chinese-gun.jpg

Thats called a handcannon, its from around 1290.

it weighs about 15 pounds, and was extremely inexpensive and easy to mass produce.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/c/c4/HandBombardWesternEurope1380.jpg/800px-HandBombardWesternEurope1380.jpg

thats a European handcannon, same principles, from 1350. it had a stock made of wood, which rotted away before it was found.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/2/2e/Uss_iowa_bb-61_pr.jpg/800px-Uss_iowa_bb-61_pr.jpg

thats just a sweet *** picture.

EmperorxZurg
10-20-2009, 07:51 PM
okay. more specific lol, a DISCREET or light gun that nobles would probably use and would be most known. That stuff is sweet but that would be for the bug brutes, that an awesome pic btw, but look at this: {PS NOT SPAMMING!}
http://blog.mlive.com/chronicle/2007/12/large_Explosion.jpg That just had to scare the living sh** out of whoever was in the car lol

GaM3r_010
10-20-2009, 07:53 PM
I think this thread has been posted before...

Sparta955
10-20-2009, 08:30 PM
see now we're talking specifics.

I &lt;3 explosions.

Iskander_Estel
10-20-2009, 09:25 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/2/2e/Uss_iowa_bb-61_pr.jpg/800px-Uss_iowa_bb-61_pr.jpg

thats just a sweet *** picture. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

sweet yeah http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/winky.gif

***edited - no need to bypass the autocensor - thanks

Kaydar
10-21-2009, 12:13 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by keepth3beat:
Placing AC3 in Rome wouldn't bring new stuff to the table because we're already going to Rome in AC2. And while it's a completely different time period with different social behaviors, economics, and hierarchical structures, it's still the same place, and the Italian culture still remains.

Well maybe Rome is in Italy in AC2 (and in present day) but the Roman Empire wasn't all italian culture after all the Roman Empire divided in 5 nations that exist in present day as well (Italy,Romania,Spain,France,Portugal)so the italian culture is just a small part of the roman culture but I agree the next game couldn't be set in the Roman Empire cause the tamplar didn't existed by that time, but neither in the WWI or WWII that would be too exagered too many weapons and technology ... maybe the time of The Reconquista of Portugal and Spain or something...sorry if my english is bad

agentpoop
10-21-2009, 12:55 AM
I'm I the only one who thinks that being in Sparta would be cool? Or anywhere in Greece?

Xanatos2007
10-21-2009, 01:57 AM
300 Assassins against 1,000,000 Templars? Cool as it may sound, I wouldn't like to think so.

Impulsez
10-21-2009, 02:32 AM
Lol who needs 300 assassins they would dominate too much... all you need is 1 assassins. Only about 10 could circle you and the other 999, 990 couldn't reach you, then all you need to do is counter when ever one of the 10 goes to attack and wait untill the 1 million are dead :P simple.

keepth3beat
10-21-2009, 03:05 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kaydar:
Well maybe Rome is in Italy in AC2 (and in present day) but the Roman Empire wasn't all italian culture after all the Roman Empire divided in 5 nations that exist in present day as well (Italy,Romania,Spain,France,Portugal)so the italian culture is just a small part of the roman culture </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, if we want to get *really* technical, the Roman Empire divided into much more than just those countries, considering they managed to extend their reach as far north as Scotland (wherein they met the Scotts and went "OH HELL NO") and as far South as... bits of Northern Africa, I think.

But the way that the OP had phrased it, I interpreted it as they were referring to the city of Rome itself.

and@Keepth3beat: if ur pickpocketing bullets off of people, why would they have it if they didn't have a revolver in the first place? and you can hide a revolver quite easily, all u need is some type of coat lol. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was just pulling a hindrance they could use off the top of my head. Were they to actually take the route of pickpocketing, the people you could pickpocket from could be as common as the thugs in AC1, maybe less so.

I mean, how many people in the present day carry around guns? They're a lot cheaper and much more available to the common man than they were before (depending on where you live, of course--licensing and purchasing ammo in California is... ugh), and I'd imagine they were less common back in the day (once again, depending on the region).

So sure, if the gun exists in the world, people are free to use it as much or as little as they like; however, this game is all about choices in gameplay, so you can simply decide not to use it, as I'm sure there will be an arsenal of other weapons that one can use instead. It's one of those things that people complain about that seems kinda pointless, like the customization in AC2. If you don't like it, don't use it!

EmperorxZurg
10-21-2009, 08:07 AM
so everywhere then? because whenever I play I can't rid myself of the thugs presence.

I know what u mean about Cali, just got here about 5 months ago and it is a pain here if u want one, but they were actually more available back in the day because u didn't need registration, any dude who wanted one could just come, pay, then go out to shoot some bullets

And I know we wouldn't dominate the gun for gameplay, but what I'm saying is that a whole bunch of noobs are gonna come and start using only that and then when they number they'll start pleading with the devs to make it more and more of a shooter until we lose Assassins Creed altogether. I don't think the devs would do that but u never know, the dark side is strong...http://www.a5og.net/images/smilies/boba.gif --he'll get ya

Victoroos
10-21-2009, 08:30 AM
do you know.
What I really think would be amazing to see ac3 being placed. is in Egypt, alot for christ

EmperorxZurg
10-21-2009, 04:01 PM
what about Egypt is a lot for Christ? He never stepped foot there so are you talking about artifacts or something? And what does Jesus have to do with the game?

OniLinkSword
10-21-2009, 06:03 PM
what about Egypt is a lot for Christ? He never stepped foot there so are you talking about artifacts or something? And what does Jesus have to do with the game? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Al Mualim mentioned him when he was talking about the artifacts. He didn't say his name though. Jesus is a footnote in the Assassin's Creed story and has no huge roll.

Auditore_thingy
10-21-2009, 06:32 PM
The American Revolution is one of the most pivotal moments in history cuz it made a nation that was once the most powerful on Earth.... (and still is)

EmperorxZurg
10-21-2009, 07:31 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif if only americans would realise the only way their the strongest is by stupidly spending more money on their military than all other countries combinedhttp://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

And we've also discussed the Amer rev, probably won't happen and it didn't change the world as so many like to believe, it was just the first among a line of real revolutions that happened like the French and Portugese revolutions

thekyle0
10-21-2009, 07:47 PM
It's not really the Americans themselves that choose to spend all the money on the military; it's our government. But at this point I don't count them as Americans.

I don't really like the idea of the American revolution as the setting an AC game. It fits the bill as far as the story is concerned, but I'm concerned what effect it would have on the game play.

keepth3beat
10-22-2009, 03:08 AM
My only concern about the American Revolution being a setting for AC3 is that yes, while it did have a big effect on the politics between two very specific countries, it didn't have as wide of an impact on the world as WWI, WWII, the Industrial Revolution, and the periods in-between did.

So yes, while there was a lot of political reform for America and England, the other time periods mentioned not only affected the politics of many given countries (including America and England), but also created huge amounts of social, economical and cultural shifts in their wake. I can still remember stories my grandma would tell me about having to use a wheelbarrow full of money to buy groceries after WWI while in Hamburg because the economy was in such horrific shape.

Haha, I just had a funny thought--what if they had AC3 set in the Wild West?! That would be hilarious. Cowboy's Creed.

As for America being the strongest country in the world, the only thing that comes to mind is a little ditty from the movie Team America.

P459
10-22-2009, 03:42 AM
Maybe AC3 would be in New York in the start of the 1900´s. The Black Hand was from Italy where AC2 is. The Irish gangs could be the Templars. I believe I red somewhere that the Templars might had journeyed to Scotland. Scotland and Ireland are pretty close to each other. Of course there is the problem with fire arms. Just a thought.

OHS_90
10-22-2009, 04:14 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by P459:
I believe I red somewhere that the Templars might had journeyed to Scotland. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yes the Templars did have a rather close link to Scotland. When the order was dissolved a fair few fled there for safety (Scotland was excomunicated at the time IIRC). They also had a few castles/monastries/churches/buildings of an undifined nature there as well, including a certain Rosslyn chapel.

OniLinkSword
10-22-2009, 05:11 AM
My only concern about the American Revolution being a setting for AC3 is that yes, while it did have a big effect on the politics between two very specific countries, it didn't have as wide of an impact on the world as WWI, WWII, the Industrial Revolution, and the periods in-between did.

So yes, while there was a lot of political reform for America and England, the other time periods mentioned not only affected the politics of many given countries (including America and England), but also created huge amounts of social, economical and cultural shifts in their wake. I can still remember stories my grandma would tell me about having to use a wheelbarrow full of money to buy groceries after WWI while in Hamburg because the economy was in such horrific shape.

Haha, I just had a funny thought--what if they had AC3 set in the Wild West?! That would be hilarious. Cowboy's Creed.

As for America being the strongest country in the world, the only thing that comes to mind is a little ditty from the movie Team America. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I was thinking about the wild west when you mentioned the industrial revolution because thet both happen around the same time. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/winky.gif

Yes, the American Revolution wasn't a huge world thing, but there were other countries affected by it. France for example. So three big areas would be the colonies, England, and France. Climbing wise, the colonies would have some problems, but the other countries would be very interesting. I unfortunately don't know who died or who was assassinated in that time period, so I don't know how many targets would exist. I feel that an assassin in the mist of everything would fit very well with what was going on. I do understand how it's not the best time period though.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">The American Revolution is one of the most pivotal moments in history cuz it made a nation that was once the most powerful on Earth.... (and still is) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
It's silly to say the American Revolution was the "most pivotal moments in history" just because it made a nation that gained some power later on. It was a big deal for American's, but the rest of the world didn't really care. Let's not be egotistical here and stick to what it really was.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">if only americans would realise the only way their the strongest is by stupidly spending more money on their military than all other countries combined </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You're only speaking in recent terms. America was powerful for many different reasons (not just military). Lately the power has decreased and we have been bullying other countries (a lot during the Bush years). It's really a problem that arose out of politics during and after WW2.

American was still hurting from the great depression and was having trouble getting to it's feet. WW2 happened and things had to manufactured, rationed, shipped, jobs were created, people started buying more stuff and supporting the cause of the war, science was given a shot of adrenalin in the bum, etc. All of this helped America's economy and get out of its rut. It was around this time America became a super power. The politicians looked at this as "war is good" to help grow the country.

They adopted a new policy of war all the time. Every opportunity gave America a new war to fight and stand next to as the citizens would buy more stuff and become larger. The Korea war, Cold War, Vietnam war, invasion of Panama, Persian Gulf War, invasion of Afghanistan, Iraq war. Non stop wars. Even small wars like the war on drugs, war on guns, war on terrorism, etc. Over time, the military and its cost grew well beyond what is necessary.

America was one of the super powers not only because of a strong military; it had influence in music, TV, films, art, and fashion; Largest economy in the world; the fourth largest population on earth; U.S. Dollar as the dominant world reserve currency under Bretton Woods; and more.

Sorry about the history lesson, but I don't like to see people dis other countries on things that aren't strictly true. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/halo.gif

EmperorxZurg
10-22-2009, 06:07 PM
I ain't dissing it, I'm just tired of Americans thinking they're always better than the other countries and are trying to show them how they look like when they make pig-headed statements about America being the World's last hope and America is the best,http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif And i live in America! From all the other countries I've lived in, America isn't on my top list and I did know the little history lesson, I'm just explaining one of the many reasons that come to mind when he said America still is the most powerful on Earth

Sparta955
10-22-2009, 06:43 PM
America is the most powerful country in the world, and it spends that much money on its military because it can. America's ultimate goal is peace, and we seem to think that the only way to achieve this is to have superior weapons and military, and I do not see what is wrong with that. Other countries have absolutely NO say in how to make peace, since most do nothing and sit idly by, atleast America strives for peace.

It still is the most powerful country on earth, the other only country that is approaching super power status is China, and that is really only being paid attention to because it has so rapidly pulled its head out of its ***.

America's fleet tonnage is larger than the next top 10 countries fleet tonnage put together. America's armed forces are far superior in terms of combat effectiveness, as they have proven to the world with the Iraq and Afghanistan wars. They can handle a guerrilla war as well as a conventional war, with minimal losses.

The American Revolution was indeed a pivotal moment in history, its what caused the French Revolution, and started a massive snowball effect that would lead to the revolutions of other colonies, such as in India, China, and Africa, and the whole South American continent. The American Revolution overstretched the French Treasury, which was a major reason the French Revolution even succeeded.

I could see it becoming a good story line, but as Kyle said I'd be more concerned about game play.

thekyle0
10-22-2009, 06:52 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sparta955:
America is the most powerful country in the world, and it spends that much money on its military because it can. America's ultimate goal is peace, and we seem to think that the only way to achieve this is to have superior weapons and military, and I do not see what is wrong with that. Other countries have absolutely NO say in how to make peace, since most do nothing and sit idly by, atleast America strives for peace. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> NOOOOOOOOO! AGGGHH! WHY!
The horse is dead, sir.

No way, *pounds on chest of horse* live, damn you! LIVE!

Sparta955
10-22-2009, 07:01 PM
I can only hope to one day understand that.

specially the live part.

OniLinkSword
10-22-2009, 07:18 PM
I ain't dissing it, I'm just tired of Americans thinking they're always better than the other countries and are trying to show them how they look like when they make pig-headed statements about America being the World's last hope and America is the best,http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif And i live in America! From all the other countries I've lived in, America isn't on my top list and I did know the little history lesson, I'm just explaining one of the many reasons that come to mind when he said America still is the most powerful on Earth </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Ah, I misunderstood exactly where you were coming from. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

EmperorxZurg
10-22-2009, 07:18 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif sparta, u have got a lot to learn. America used most of it's money for other countries like Canada and Britain to show it how well they are and actually taught the armed forces of america HOW to fight. U knew that right? and we never sit idly by, even with Iraq now, we disagree with you and we're STILL helping you! we give you extra weapons, tanks, everything for your wars, in fact most other countries gain much more headway for peace than america has ever got, and no China isn't rushing up on you guys, America just got scared that China and North Korea said it had got a hold of some nukes. and for the combat effectiveness, say that to Danvish or any of the other war veterans form other countries, they've played some war excersises with them and the American forces lost horribly. Sure America made the first amphibious unit{marines} but besides that, all their tactics and combat has been learned from what other countries have done and when we stooped down to sow you how.

And America never snowballed the events. they were doing it on their own anyway, u guys just finished first because France sent over all of it's army to help you guys and if it hadn't been for them, the revolution force of the 1,000 would have been quickly annhilated. I don't hate America, I hate the shovanistic people inside boasting there the best when it 's so clear that they're just stealing other countries actions.

thekyle0
10-22-2009, 07:24 PM
Your arguement is irrevelant because you're not American.

AMERICA WINS! WOOOO! YEAH! MICHAEL PHELPS!

Come to think of it, France in 1700's is a lot like America now. The government kept leading the country to wars that weren't really going to benefit their own people, who usually didn't support the war anyway, while accumulating massive debt in the process. If I'm remembering correctly how that ended, I should probably move to Washington D.C. so I can get a piece of those congressmen. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

But I'm pretty much committed to the idea of AC3 in the wild west. I base this solely on, "Cowboy's Creed"

EmperorxZurg
10-22-2009, 07:38 PM
Prepare for the American Robespierrehttp://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

thekyle0
10-22-2009, 07:45 PM
Off-topic: Can you explain to me what exactly "Boxing Day" is?

On-topic:
Prepare for the American Robespierrehttp://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE> It's me. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif Only I'm not going to screw up like he did. When I screw up there will be for something stupid, yet funny. Just like Big-Dog Clinton. Well, maybe not just like that.

Well, come to think of it, that wasn't on topic either.

So wild west it is then!

X10J
10-22-2009, 07:52 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by thekyle0:
NOOOOOOOOO! AGGGHH! WHY!
The horse is dead, sir.

No way, *pounds on chest of horse* live, damn you! LIVE! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>couldn't stop laughing

EmperorxZurg
10-22-2009, 07:53 PM
Boxing Day is the idea that after Christmas and got all that new stuff, then you box up the old or unnneeded and give it to the needy.

And it might be the west, I got nothing against it, but I got nothing for it either, o wait, I don't want to see an assassin with a cowboy hat, and that's the only thing u can u wear back then to cover ur head lol

Sparta955
10-22-2009, 08:14 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif sparta, u have got a lot to learn. America used most of it's money for other countries like Canada and Britain to show it how well they are and actually taught the armed forces of america HOW to fight. U knew that right? and we never sit idly by, even with Iraq now, we disagree with you and we're STILL helping you! we give you extra weapons, tanks, everything for your wars, in fact most other countries gain much more headway for peace than america has ever got, and no China isn't rushing up on you guys, America just got scared that China and North Korea said it had got a hold of some nukes. and for the combat effectiveness, say that to Danvish or any of the other war veterans form other countries, they've played some war excersises with them and the American forces lost horribly. Sure America made the first amphibious unit{marines} but besides that, all their tactics and combat has been learned from what other countries have done and when we stooped down to sow you how.

And America never snowballed the events. they were doing it on their own anyway, u guys just finished first because France sent over all of it's army to help you guys and if it hadn't been for them, the revolution force of the 1,000 would have been quickly annhilated. I don't hate America, I hate the shovanistic people inside boasting there the best when it 's so clear that they're just stealing other countries actions. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No. Simply, no.

Canada never taught America anything about military conflict, Britain keptCanada after the Revolutionary War. Canada has done nothing to "teach" America anything, if anything, its how to make maple syrup. Britain didn't teach America anything militarily speaking, from the war of 1812 America repeatedly showed Great Britain that its colonies were capable of standing up against them and their enemies.

Allow me to emphasize my point. Britain has lost 140 soldiers in the Iraqi war, Poland has lost four, etc. America has lost 4269 men. The United States do not use any British weapons in Iraq, as it is capable of making weapons of its own that fit its own military. Using a British tank would be counterproductive because it fits the strategies of the BRITISH ARMY. Britain does not give everything for America's wars, it hardly ever gives anything. In World War 2, America supplied the Brits with Shermans, which were adapted to suit the British army, hence the Sherman Firefly.

America's combat effectiveness far surpasses the Danish, believe me. The Danish have an incredibly small, elite army. This army could be EASILY wiped aside by many nations. Denmark's goal is not to have a large army like America, but to assist large armies by being able to assist in special ops missions, because of its relatively small population. Oh, good. Britain, France, Spain, and many other European countries have had Marines for hundreds of years, the American Marines are just the most adaptable and largest of the Amphibious assault units, not the first, they were the first to actually fight as line infantry in wars.

American tactics are not copied, at all. Where are you getting this from? Jesus, saying that you stooped down to show American's how to fight is ridiculous, seeing as America has really only lost Vietnam, while Britain has lost countless conflicts. Sorry if that sounds conceded, but thats history.

America snowballed the events. The French had a standing army of over 250,000 soldiers. Most countries did, Louis XIV started the creation of standing armies in the 1690's. France only sent 6,000 soldiers to America, and about 15 ships capable of fighting. France's real contribution to the war was weaponry, over 9/10ths of the guns used at the battle of Saratoga were made in France. Revolutionary Force of 1,000? What? America had over 27,000 Continental soldiers in the conflict, not including the countless militia men. Britian had 15,000 regulars, 10,000 German Regulars, and 5,000 Indians, and the Loyalist Militia.

Where did you get that number from? Really.

What actions has America stolen. Explain.

If your going to try and dis the United States of America, know what your talking about.
Please.

Cowboy's Creed, I'd buy it.

X10J
10-22-2009, 08:23 PM

No. Simply, no.

Canada never taught America anything. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>they taught america how to make awesome video games about bad*** killers http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Sparta955
10-22-2009, 08:23 PM
You got me there, though I never doubted Canada's abilities http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

EmperorxZurg
10-22-2009, 08:37 PM
and if ur trying to be another american who thinks they're better than everyone know what ur talking about

in the war of 1812, America never showed Britain because America had reinforcements from two other countries

how does showing that America has lost over 20 times the amount of British troops show you are better, if anything it says you worse at combat. the M4 is provided to America through dealers in Britain, it's where America purchases over half there firearms. And you just contradicted yourself, if you don't give someone a tank cause it doesn't fit their army, why would America give a tank?

And I said Danvish. with a V, read more carefully, him and another dude on here{forgot his name} are in the australian and British special forces, not the Danish, I never said a lick about them. And ya, the marines were the first of their kind, before the other countries couldn't properly land an amphibious unit without it being either spotted or being killed from trying to bring their equipment across, so u should probably know at least that about ur country.

and ya, almost every tactic America uses is taken from other countries. every country does it, but America decides to go around saying their all it's idea

He did send over 15 ships{which was way more than the US even had at the time} but they didn't send 6,000. that was at the reinforcement for the final assault that Washington made. France overall sent 12,000. And if u had ever picked up a history book, it talks about how America was always vastly outnumbered, it started out with an army of 1,000 actually enlisted men and 4,000 minutemen. then within 1 year was down to a thousand that fought the remainder of the war. And how did it snowball? revolutionary acts were already happening in France and Britain had already done the Glorious Revolution and made the English Bill of Rights that America used to make their own later. so where did u get ur numbers?

America has stolen a bunch of actions, for instance in the Cold War. America denies ever involving Britain and Canada when we sent in our spec ops to help the Green Berets along with high ranking members of our SAS. America has invaded Canada, claiming Vancouver Island was theirs and we forgave them, later America said Canada started it. there's a bunch more but if u want to be all "patriotic" about ur country whatever, we'll be back to clean up the mess once America is finally taken over for being too bullheadedhttp://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

X10J
10-22-2009, 08:41 PM
You got me there, though I never doubted Canada's abilities http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>yea i coudn't resist http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Sparta955
10-22-2009, 09:09 PM
French revolution = 1789-1799.

America had no reinforcements, it was just getting out a war with France and Spain, you fool. it showed the British at New Orleans, when townfolk schooled the British Army, and six american Frigates schooled the British Halifax Fleet, which was much, much larger.

I was showing how Britain sits idly by, chief.
Colt's Manufacturing Company (CMC--formerly Colt's Patent Firearms Manufacturing Company) is a United States firearms manufacturer founded in 1847. That my friend, is the makes of the M4 Carbine, and that my friend, is an American company. Wrong again.

And again, with the tanks, I was making a point how Britain never gave America its weapons, but the other way around, and only 2,000 firefly's were produced, so not a drastic amount.

This is what I get when I type "Danvish" into google: Did you mean Danish? So, wrong again. BTW, America's marines were founded in 1775, long before equipment needed to be brought ashore. Wrong again.

America doesn't copy other strategies, simple as that? Specially considering in the past 50 years, the only major modern wars were fought with America included, and most were successful, so I would therefore assume that America's successful strategies thought up by its own generals would be copied by OTHER nations, not America, as they would seek to be successful in their wars.

Yeah, ok try to convince me of numbers using Wikipedia, which can be edited by anyone chief, I'm using History of the Modern World to 1815. America's navy was not less than 15 ships, it would be VERY foolish to think that. 10 ships were created from nothing in 1775 alone, besides the tens of merchantmen converted to warships. That was the problem, America had no major warships until 1789, with the construction of the President, Constitution, Constellation, United States, Chesapeake, and Congress. I read a book on it, called Six Frigates, the epic founding of the United States Navy by Ian W. Toll. Quite a good book, if a bit boring in the beginning.

Funny, because America actually started out with no army, and it took about half a year to organize an actual Continental Army under Washington. British troops were meanwhile on their way, as it took two to three months to cross the Atlantic. America was not always vastly outnumbered, it merely had far inferior troops. Over 3,000 minutemen fought at Lexington alone, that was not the whole of the American fighting force, and if it was that would be VERY, VERY embarrassing for the British. The French troops arrived with their fleet, which could only carry 6,000 troops. They were preparing to bring more if necessary, chief. Wrong again.

When did that Vancouver thing happen? Because I can't find it anywhere.

America never sent its Green Berets to fight the Russians, and Spetsnaz and Green Berets have never fought in armed conflict against each other, HENCE THE NAME COLD WAR. And I will laugh, my, ***, off, if America ends up being "taken over" in a time when political boundaries have hardly shifted at all in Europe and America since 1900, with the exception of Germany, Poland, the USSR, and the break up of Yugoslavia.

I'm not being bullheaded I'm being factual and realistic.

Canada is a fun place, I liked Toronto. I'm from New York, so thats really the extent of my forays into Canada.

EmperorxZurg
10-22-2009, 09:37 PM
dude, read again, DANVISH IS A FORUM MEMBER WHO IS IN THE AUSTRALIAN ARMY. and the marines were founded in ww2 from the navy as an extra support. And at least we agree on one thing, I never use Wikipedia dude, it's Fing idiotic. the Vancouver thing happened two years after 9/11 but was later erased from the news, ask any person from Vancouver and u'll know it happened though, I was there. And New York barely has ANY canadian influence. And I'm not even dignifying ur other answers, listen, first off stop calling me chief, u know that sounds like a ******bag. I didn't come on here to argue with idiots like you about why America is or is not better. I'm gonna be the bigger man now and just plain out stop, so seriously, just drop it dude and let's try to at least pretend to get along

keepth3beat
10-23-2009, 12:02 AM
Right right, America is the most powerful and influential nation because our military is massive but we can't seem to pull out of a recession as quickly as the other countries can, blah blah blah.

Real life is boring.

Hey, you know what's awesome?

Assassin's Creed II.

WHOO YEAH HISTORICAL FICTION~

OniLinkSword
10-23-2009, 07:59 AM
WHOO YEAH HISTORICAL FICTION~ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Oh you mean like our history books? ZING~ http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/crackwhip.gif

thekyle0
10-23-2009, 02:15 PM
Boxing Day is the idea that after Christmas and got all that new stuff, then you box up the old or unnneeded and give it to the needy. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> There needs to be a holiday just to get people to donate to charity? Selfish Canadians. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

EmperorxZurg
10-23-2009, 04:58 PM
no it's a day where everyone gives to charity as a big event along with the christmas spirit. We still give to the needy and provide free rehab and stuff al year round

Sparta955
10-23-2009, 05:18 PM
There was a reason i said chief, chief.

I'm convinced that that Vancouver thing never happened, as I cannot find it anywhere, and no one else has ever heard of it.

The marines were not founded during WW2, the Rangers were. The U.S. Marines have served in every single US conflict, ever. They were just the cornerstone of the Pacific Campaign, they didn't even serve in Europe. Wrong again, chief.

What Canadian influence is there to have? Hockey? If anything America influences Canada much more.

Let this war be ended.

EmperorxZurg
10-23-2009, 05:27 PM
if u had ever read my post u would have known that I just said I'm not arguing with you anymore, it's pointless as one of us accepts to believe the other, so it's just pitiless fighting, And if u seriously think that's all Canada has done, then I've just lost faith in America again. So as you keep to like saying for no apparent reason "wrong again chief"

Sparta955
10-23-2009, 05:31 PM
But you never proved me wrong, you just told me how dissapointed you are in America, because the only thing I can think of that Canada has done to influence America is.... HOCKEY!!!! which is a great sport.

so, good try chief.

EmperorxZurg
10-23-2009, 05:36 PM
ya dude I'm a big hockey fan too, and I said earlier I'm not engaging with ur arguments anymore, so nice try chief

Sparta955
10-23-2009, 05:47 PM
Rangers &lt;3

Islanders blow. sadly.

guipit
10-23-2009, 08:00 PM
I predict AC3 would probably occur in some kind of WW3 thing just a hunch

OniLinkSword
10-23-2009, 08:43 PM
@ d1sturbedme_468 & Sparta955

Guys, lets drop it and get back on topic.

keepth3beat
10-23-2009, 09:14 PM
WHOO YEAH HISTORICAL FICTION~ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Oh you mean like our history books? ZING~ http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/crackwhip.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You mean America didn't burn the Nazis with their eye lasers?! And we didn't automatically win every war we entered? And the invasion of Iraq was completely relevant to the war in Afghanistan?!

Thought: Forget guns for AC3, I vote eye lasers now.

thekyle0
10-23-2009, 10:19 PM
Eye lazers, the new kind of witness control.... chief.

I'm not your cheif, buddy.
I'm not your buddy, guy.
I'm not your guy, buddy.

EmperorxZurg
10-23-2009, 11:47 PM
I"M NOT UR BUDDY CHIEF!

Sparta955
10-24-2009, 07:03 AM
Least someone got my Dane Cook reference. I think.

Black_Widow9
10-24-2009, 01:33 PM
and now...back On Topic

NuclearFuss
10-24-2009, 02:57 PM
I vote Yonaguni.

Oh and Dane Cook is not funny. In fact he's only funny in Meet The Spartans when he is kicked down a bottomless pit.

EmperorxZurg
10-24-2009, 04:06 PM
Yonaguni? u know that was an ancient CIVILIZATION right, not a time period

OniLinkSword
10-24-2009, 06:41 PM
I know the American Revolution has been shot down, but I just thought of a cool mission which fits perfectly into AC gameplay.

The situation: Boston Massacre

Your goal: (depends on which side you are on but lets just say the Colonies for now)
To trigger an unstable situation so that the Colonies will rally together to fight the war.

Methods:
<UL TYPE=SQUARE><LI>Poison one of the Redcoats so they set off their weapon (AC2 gameplay)
<LI>Use a pistol covertly yourself to start the mayhem
<LI>Use a riffle and snipe (sorry, too much Hitman http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif )
<LI>"Buy" the crowd to taunt the redcoats into firing (AC2 again)
<LI>"Buy" a corrupt redcoat to shoot at the Colonists
<LI>Even more http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
[/list]

I just thought I would share. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

demon-elite
10-24-2009, 09:27 PM
what if AC3 is like the last game i dont know if it would be but if it is i think it should take place in desmonds time period seeing as how hes learning all the assassin techniques in AC2

Cpt.Gumz
10-24-2009, 09:30 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by demon-elite:
what if AC3 is like the last game i dont know if it would be but if it is i think it should take place in desmonds time period seeing as how hes learning all the assassin techniques in AC2 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That would be nice but it may turn into a shooter wich the Developers and many others, including me, don't want

demon-elite
10-24-2009, 09:33 PM
i really wouldnt like a shooter i prefer swords over guns but then maybe it would be more challenging you have blades while everyone else has guns which would make it more stealth related instead of a headfirst thing that some people do so it would be a bit more statgic

Cpt.Gumz
10-24-2009, 09:57 PM
But some people dont like to be strategic, i for one just wanna in all shooters burst into a place, Guns-a-Blazing, as fr Ac2 there wont be as much free play like in Ac1 i kept myself occupied by slaughtering guards but if you try that with guns they just shoot the hell outta you

demon-elite
10-24-2009, 10:03 PM
you have a point there but i want to see desmond finally be an assassin but i dont really know since its more modern and modern times have guns but it doesnt have to be like super strategic there could be a balance

thekyle0
10-24-2009, 10:20 PM
They could just start making stupid things up and say that Desmond can use the eagle vision to slow down time and dodge bullets.

SinNyxAtra
10-24-2009, 10:23 PM
They could just start making stupid things up and say that Desmond can use the eagle vision to slow down time and dodge bullets. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And he knows Kung Fu. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif

EmperorxZurg
10-24-2009, 10:28 PM
AC3 is the last game demon, it's a trilogy

As for the Desmond part, we know he might kill in this one, and maybe it'll just be slight killings, like there's a scientist there, knock him out and then knife him when he finds the lair or something but don't expect a full blow modern time in this one, the main plot of this story revolves around Desmond's experiences in the Animus and if we broke away from it we would basically have another GTA

cottonmist1
10-24-2009, 11:48 PM
i personally would like to see assassins creed 3 take place during the taiping rebellion in 19th century china. it was one of the bloodiest rebellions of all time. another good one might be during the boxer rebellion in china http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

EmperorxZurg
10-24-2009, 11:51 PM
welcome to the forums cottonmist1, unfortunatley, even though they were bloody, they didn't change the world and that's what the AC dev team has been looking for, like the Crusades helped end the Middle Ages when they finished and the Enlightenment when this takes place revolutionized human thinking and prepared us for the Industrial Revolution while also correcting most of the mistakes that hapenned with Feudalism during the Dark Ages

General_Lekauf
10-25-2009, 12:05 AM
why are all the fans talking about AC3 when they havent even played AC2 yet that desnt make sense thats like talking about the third time your going to win a million dollars when you havent won it twice yet i know it probably will happen but lets wait till we've beat AC2 30 times before we start talking about it

keepth3beat
10-25-2009, 04:38 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Cpt.Gumz:
That would be nice but it may turn into a shooter wich the Developers and many others, including me, don't want </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This amuses me. The way that this is phrased, and the way that many others have responded to this thread, make it seem as though the developers, the people who MAKE THE GAME, have absolutely no control in how gameplay will turn out.

I have enough faith in the Ubisoft team that works on this series to know that AC3 will absolutely not turn into a shooter. If guns are involved, they will find a way to limit it. And should gamers decide to play it like a shooter, then that's their choice.

DeSabellis
10-25-2009, 06:02 AM
This amuses me. The way that this is phrased, and the way that many others have responded to this thread, make it seem as though the developers, the people who MAKE THE GAME, have absolutely no control in how gameplay will turn out.

I have enough faith in the Ubisoft team that works on this series to know that AC3 will absolutely not turn into a shooter. If guns are involved, they will find a way to limit it. And should gamers decide to play it like a shooter, then that's their choice. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I feel the same way. They are not talentless, and evidently nor do they lack ideas; they (developers) are professionals with experience. I'm sure that with enough time, any gameplay mechanic could work including firearms and what not.

Sparta955
10-25-2009, 06:33 AM
Theres a very high chance of AC3 happening during the 18th century because that really is the next century that has significant changes politically, economically, socially, and religiously.

Note disturbed, the enlightenment and the renaissance are very different things http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif. The Enlightenment happened in the 18th century and sought to correct what mistakes humanity had made scientifically, and was the age in which Aristotle pretty much got owned.
AC3 Could most certainly happen in this age, but as DeSabellis said I'm sure Ubi could make anything work.

demon-elite
10-25-2009, 08:14 AM
alright now that i know its a trilogy thanks to disturbedme to me at least it would make more sense for it to take place in the modern times with desmond as the protagonist because hes learning everything that ezio knows and a few thing from altair from the last game so it would answer all the question as well as dealing with theabstergo company if there are any in AC2 and im sure ubi can work around the whole guns issue but this is just my opinion

Hideru
10-25-2009, 09:54 AM
It'll be cool if AC3 had references from this gallery I just recently found. http://www.life.com/image/3380...i-women-in-the-fight (http://www.life.com/image/3380309/in-gallery/23030/wwii-women-in-the-fight)

EmperorxZurg
10-25-2009, 12:08 PM
@Sparta:, ya but I always group them together in my head lol, from all the facts I hear about both, they seem so similiar to me&gt;_&lt;

General_Lekauf
10-25-2009, 01:21 PM
wow every one ignored my post why talk about the third game yet you havent played the second what if there is something in the second one that makes the game do something completly unexpected

Sparta955
10-25-2009, 01:56 PM
Yeah they are both basically scientific revolutions. Boring I say

its called discussion, and speculation. its gives us something to do while waiting for the 2nd and 3rd games. aha

thekyle0
10-25-2009, 01:58 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by General_Lekauf:
wow every one ignored my post why talk about the third game yet you havent played the second what if there is something in the second one that makes the game do something completly unexpected </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Why are you trying to stop people from discussing it in the first place?

keepth3beat
10-25-2009, 02:37 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hideru:
It'll be cool if AC3 had references from this gallery I just recently found. http://www.life.com/image/3380...i-women-in-the-fight (http://www.life.com/image/3380309/in-gallery/23030/wwii-women-in-the-fight) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Those are some pretty sweet pictures! Thanks for posting that.

Addressing whoever said that AC3 will probably take place in Modern Times, I agree, especially since we'll have less Desmond in this game and to have the same amount of him in the next game would make his story kind of pointless, given the fact that he's slowly learning Assassin's skills as the game progresses.

However, I find it hella fun to skim over 'recent' history (being the last 2-3 centuries) and discuss the possibilities for new gameplay mechanics and the like. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Although who knows, maybe in the third they might do a something with the Animus. Maybe they'll do little bits with his parents or grandparents--something closer and more "relevant" to Desmond. Like, why did his parents decide to be assassins? Or his grandparents? When exactly did it become a 'family tradition', so to speak?

thekyle0
10-25-2009, 02:39 PM
I want to know if one of Desmond's parents has a scar on their lip.

NuclearFuss
10-25-2009, 02:42 PM
Why? Okay I know both Ezio and Desmond do but you don't inherit scars.

keepth3beat
10-25-2009, 02:46 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sackboy411:
Why? Okay I know both Ezio and Desmond do but you don't inherit scars. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Because it'd be funny to see if they do?

General_Lekauf
10-25-2009, 03:32 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by General_Lekauf:
wow every one ignored my post why talk about the third game yet you havent played the second what if there is something in the second one that makes the game do something completly unexpected </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Why are you trying to stop people from discussing it in the first place? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

im just saying that wouldnt it be funner to dicuss this after weve beaten the 2nd one so we can speculate off of what happened then and how they make the third

NuclearFuss
10-25-2009, 03:43 PM
I'm sure that AC2's ending will reveal something. And if it's another cliffhanger, I shall obsess over it for weeks until I get a clue.

General_Lekauf
10-25-2009, 07:49 PM
lol wouldnt it be fun to talk about when you guys have beaten the game though im sure most people here have it pre-oredered and it will only take a few weeks to beat and it comes out in in less than 4 weeks and as much as id like to guess about AC3 im more interested at AC2 and how most of you will get it the day it comes out me not so much because my grandmother pre ordered it as a early christmas present

X10J
10-26-2009, 06:43 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sackboy411:
Why? Okay I know both Ezio and Desmond do but you don't inherit scars. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>actually Altair has a scar to

http://vardenfell.files.wordpress.com/2007/07/altair.jpg

also you dont inherit first names either but they kept with that tradition http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

EmperorxZurg
10-26-2009, 06:50 PM
umm, that's what he said, He knows Altair and Desmond have a scar, and it's last names that u can disinherit if u want

keepth3beat
10-26-2009, 08:31 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Quiranna89Y:
...but it would be more acceptable that if it is the ancestor of Lucy... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually, I'd find it less acceptable if we played as the ancestor of Lucy, since that would be completely irrelevant to the rest of what the franchise has been doing up to this point, which is to say: playing out *Desmond's* genetic memories.

Like we discussed before in the previous thread, there are two parents in every generation, so it's perfectly viable for them to take the path of a female protagonist if they should decide to do that. But I think that really relies on what time period they decide on.

Of course, I'm in full support of the idea.

Azugo
10-27-2009, 01:03 AM
AC3 - Desmond - Time Machine?

EmperorxZurg
10-27-2009, 04:18 PM
that's sort of demeaning ur own gender Quiranna. I see women on the new all the time robbing, killing, and doing parkour. And the idea of being feminine is really just appealing to the man's senses, look around in public and you'll see what I mean. And I'm a dude

AngleofDeath345
10-27-2009, 06:05 PM
I think if they make an AC3 it should take place in Japan during the time of the samauri

ZerOMarK
10-27-2009, 06:18 PM
Maybe AC3 will be Splinter Cell Conviction..and Sam will learn that Al-Mualim was his ancestor..perfect sense right? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

OniLinkSword
10-27-2009, 06:31 PM
@ZerOMarK
Let's not muck up the waters by combining Tom Clancy titles and other concepts. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/compsmash.gif

@keepth3beat
I have considered that they do the memories of a female, but then they are faced with a few dilemmas. Do the memories of both the mother and father pass on? Will the female look like Desmond? Will she be able to blend in the crowd same way as a male (perhaps even better) during the said time period? Wont perverted modders make a “nude mod” as soon as they can? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

EmperorxZurg
10-27-2009, 06:53 PM
Angle of Death: U do know the closest thing to an assassin at that time were ninjas right? And they followed a totally different tenet. Feudal Japan really has no place for the Assassin's Creed Universe

El_Sjietah
10-27-2009, 07:14 PM
I say late 16th century Holland. Not because it's plausible, but because I'd find it awesome. It's basically when we started our 50 years of fame and fear. Lots of *****slapping between Spain and Holland going on as well. Plus, the assassination of the Dutch "faction leader", so to speak. Loyalties weren't exactly black and white either, seeing we sold as much weapons to the Spanish as we sold to our own forces. Add to that the fact that Holland was very tollerant at that time, which would make it plausible for Templar survivors to have fled there and you have yourself quite a fancy setting.

keepth3beat
10-27-2009, 07:48 PM
I have considered that they do the memories of a female, but then they are faced with a few dilemmas. Do the memories of both the mother and father pass on? Will the female look like Desmond? Will she be able to blend in the crowd same way as a male (perhaps even better) during the said time period? Wont perverted modders make a “nude mod” as soon as they can? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

God I hope she looks like Desmond. LOL. That would either be the ugliest or the hottest chick ever. But personally I think tomboyish/butch-looking women are rather hot, but let's leave my ambiguous preferences out of this. ;P

I can't see why the female memories wouldn't pass on! I think they've just gone with a male this whole time because it's more 'relateable', both for Desmond and the player (considering 'most gamers' are male). Also, because Desmond's female relatives up to that point had most likely been very powerless women. Unless Ezio and that thief-chick hook up. I am intrigued by her.

Also, I get mistaken for a man all the time, and I'm certainly not what you'd call unattractive by feminine standards; I'm just tall and have shorter hair. I can't see why a woman wouldn't be able to blend in with men should she want to. I think a cross-dressing portion of the game would really add to the flavor of the character (psychologically, one who wears costumes all the time can have a similar 'bleeding effect' of their characters if they get a little too involved) and possibly create some interesting mechanics, similar to the notoriety system that we've kind of gotten a taste of so far. Only now instead of bribing Heralds and ripping posters, you hide your boobs!

Granted, I find it very hard to believe they'd incorporate that sort of detail into the game, BUT it would be super-awesome if they did. I would be completely amused.

As to the nude mod, totally. But only if I get my butched-out mod, too. &gt;:]

El_Sjietah, your comment got me thinking. Wasn't there a period of time when England and Spain were fighting each other, and England sicced their pirates on Spain and just completely beat the crap out of them? That might be interesting. I can't for the life of me remember when that was, though. Maybe I'm just losing my mind.

El_Sjietah
10-27-2009, 07:52 PM
Yeh, England, Spain and Holland had a nice threeway going back then. Can't keep all that crap apart myself. We even had a Dutch king on the English throne for a while. Madness I tell you!

England and Spain dashed it out somewhere in the 17th century I think, although I could just as well be wrong. Somewhere between 1600 and 1800 for sure.

thekyle0
10-27-2009, 07:55 PM
I don't remember the name of the war, but I think you may be refering to when the Spanish Armada tried to invade the English channel but were repulsed when the English set 8 ships to torch and then sailed them on a crash course to the heart of the Spanish fleet. The fire spread pretty quickly across the ships and quickly destroyed the majority of the Spanish navy.

El_Sjietah
10-27-2009, 07:57 PM
That's the one. Only vaguely recall it from my 4 years of history back in high school. It wasn't really a war either. More a dispute with some skirmishes in a period spanning several decennia. All out warfare was hard with so few ships compared to such a big ocean.

EmperorxZurg
10-27-2009, 09:12 PM
but think El, I may be stupid, but I've never really got in depth and near really heard of the Holland being feared or anything lol, and Ubi is trying to make games that even dopes who were drunk during History class would remember, like big points that changed humanity such as the Rennaisance and the Crusades. People knew they at least happened and the extra little history facts are for us dedicated guys. No offense But I don't think the Hollish{?} or Holland war didn't change humanity

El_Sjietah
10-28-2009, 05:17 AM
Yeh, I know, that's why I said it probably wouldn't be plausible and only mentioned it cause I'd think it awesome.

We did have a pretty bad *** 17th century though. Pretty much had a monopoly on spices because of our well made ships. Best at the time. It may have only lasted for a couple decades, but at that time, we were the dominant naval power in the world.

Seeing we're America's lapdog atm, I grab every opportunity to bring that up http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Achillles102
10-28-2009, 09:22 AM
well I've just read an interview with Philippe Bergeron from Ubisoft on this site, it's in Dutch so I'll translate it for you guys http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">Assassin's Creed III in Medieval Europe or Japan.

Although AC 2 still has to be released, ubisoft has already anounced that they are currently working on AC3.
Philippe Bergeron said that the developer is currently busy with finding a right time period for the game to take place.
Their eyes fell on Medievel Europe and Japan. "Europe is very interesting for us because we could for example create a story involving King Arthur.
But then again the Japanese culture is also very interesting ...".

There were rumors earlier that AC3 would take place during WWII and that you would be able to play with a female character.
Yannis Mallat from ubisoft said that the location has already been decided and they don't want to say anything more about that.
</pre>

link:
http://www.9lives.be/gamepubli...-middeleeuwse-europa (http://www.9lives.be/gamepublishers/ubisoft/nieuws/derde-assassin-s-creed-in-feodale-japan-of-middeleeuwse-europa)

keepth3beat
10-28-2009, 01:18 PM
I was considering possibly medieval europe but that seems really kind of... nonsensical to me. Why would you skip past that age for the Renaissance only to go back to it in the next one? :/

EmperorxZurg
10-28-2009, 03:56 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif that was WAY poorly constructed then, the rumor started HERE by a dude who had no clue what he was saying! And then the Devs specifically said they would NEVER do that!

shingi_70
10-28-2009, 04:50 PM
Well i would personally for a side game play as a person whose family has been both Assassins and templars. That would be interesating playing through 3 time periods. Mosern day for the charcter. The American Revlotuion for the assassians and the civil war for the Templars.

P459
10-29-2009, 08:48 AM
EIDT: Wrong button.

z0nnebril
10-30-2009, 07:38 AM
The Dutch golden age http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

El_Sjietah
10-30-2009, 08:12 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by z0nnebril:
The Dutch golden age http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
That makes 2 votes versus everyone else's single vote then. We win!

keepth3beat
10-30-2009, 10:23 AM
Well, poop. See what happens when we don't agree?! The Dutch win!!

Although I'm pretty sure I had one for the Industrial Revolution with me, too. ;P

El_Sjietah
10-30-2009, 10:28 AM
'had' is the proper word http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

godsmack_darius
10-30-2009, 10:41 AM
Pfft, a perfect idea would be mars!

Desmonds has familoy or ancestors that have an Assassins Bureau on Mars, and they do leaps of faith in special costumes off of mars down to earth

ITS GENIOUS

UBOSOFT-Gamer
10-31-2009, 10:47 AM
30 Years War would be cool.
Don't like Japan. With Kin Arthur i could imagine, but maybe the devs will find something better.

Angelo_di_Rios
10-31-2009, 10:56 AM
Please for the love of originality don't set AC3 during WW2.

I prefer something we haven't seen in video games like the French Revolution.

Napoleon For the V!

EmperorxZurg
10-31-2009, 11:09 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif the only problem is that since the Revolution was only like 150 years in the future and not many more inventions were made during that time which would make more progression with new stuff harder. But it sounds one of the best to me. But also if you want that sig to appear Angelo, put and with the url between them to show it

bladencrowd
10-31-2009, 11:09 AM
Please correct me if I'm wrong.

In Ac1 we find out that the Templars stop their search for the Holy Grail. Maybe in Ac2 we find clues that lead us to the location of the grail. Then in Ac3 we travel back in time to the age of King Arthur to find it.

P.S I would hate to have anything remotely similar this scenario happen in the game.

Sparta955
10-31-2009, 11:45 AM
30 years war would be fun.

Could kill protestants AND catholics!

El_Sjietah
10-31-2009, 06:21 PM
I hope they don't do King Arthur. Monty Python ruined that for me. It's not cool when you assassinate someone and first thing that pops in your head is "'tis just a flesh wound". Kind of kills the mood.

EmperorxZurg
10-31-2009, 07:05 PM
lol I would love it, be one of my favorite parts after I saw Monty Python lolhttp://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif

Impulsez
11-01-2009, 01:11 AM
I am for Industrial revolution... but the medieval Europe is both good and bad... good because well i like medieval and such... bad because u downgrade in knowledge, arcitecture, science, and weapons.

To all thoes people who are saying that it doesn't make sense to go back in time well to me it makes sense... Desmond went to Ezio because he was training...

He could go to the Medieval europe ancestor for another reason maybe to continue the Templars work in finding the POE to get them and destroy them.

keepth3beat
11-01-2009, 04:14 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Impulsez:
To all thoes people who are saying that it doesn't make sense to go back in time well to me it makes sense... Desmond went to Ezio because he was training... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm not arguing against going back in time, obviously. I'm just saying it doesn't make sense to go FARTHER back in time beyond the last benchmark. So in this case, it would seem kind of dumb to me to go back farther than the Renaissance.

EmperorxZurg
11-01-2009, 08:07 AM
what id they missed something? like on the DVD again u missed a pivotal chapter so u skip back to it and watch it, they could do that

caswallawn_2k7
11-01-2009, 08:12 AM
or there is also the possibility no1 seem's to take into account, they could always side step. a family tree going back centuries will be massive and have people from different places at different times so it is possible they could go after memories from Ezio then learn of another assassin in a different part of the world at the same time (or similar time) as Ezio that they want to investigate.

JorisGoedhuys
11-01-2009, 08:17 AM
what if Lucy is subject 16? I read in a article that Ezio also is the ancestore of 16, so wat if Lucy go's in the animus? or if you train with desmond trough the animus 2.0 you maby play in AC 3 as desmond jumping over the rooftops of new york or something

NuclearFuss
11-01-2009, 08:20 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JorisGoedhuys:
what if Lucy is subject 16? I read in a article that Ezio also is the ancestore of 16, so wat if Lucy go's in the animus? or if you train with desmond trough the animus 2.0 you maby play in AC 3 as desmond jumping over the rooftops of new york or something </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ahem. Prototype.

caswallawn_2k7
11-01-2009, 08:21 AM
they have said they don't want a shooter so modern day is pretty much a no go, and the animus is the central point of the story so they wont remove that from the game. so even tho they are training desmond you can assume it will only ever be for small side missions/distractions from the main story were everything will be carried out in close proximity to stop the need for major use of guns.

also from the amount of blood subject 16 used to do his drawings and such you can pretty much assume he is dead.

JorisGoedhuys
11-01-2009, 08:31 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by caswallawn_2k7:
they have said they don't want a shooter so modern day is pretty much a no go, and the animus is the central point of the story so they wont remove that from the game. so even tho they are training desmond you can assume it will only ever be for small side missions/distractions from the main story were everything will be carried out in close proximity to stop the need for major use of guns.

also from the amount of blood subject 16 used to do his drawings and such you can pretty much assume he is dead. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

but in AC1 Lucy says that she's saved by vidic or something, and if they can make a animus in 2012 i bet they can do a bloodtransfusion in the hospital http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

caswallawn_2k7
11-01-2009, 08:40 AM
trust me Lucy isn't subject 16, they kill the subjects when they are done with them. (or in the case of subject 16 he probably killed him self) Lucy is being held there because she knows how to fix the animus and make it work so she is kept there in a technical standpoint and if she was subject 16 and left those messages all over the lab they defiantly wouldn't let her interact with Desmond.

also just a point, you use eagle vision to see the blood that glows red, now in the main game red = nasty so doesn't this mean that subject 16 was actually against what Desmond wants?

JorisGoedhuys
11-01-2009, 08:51 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">also just a point, you use eagle vision to see the blood that glows red, now in the main game red = nasty so doesn't this mean that subject 16 was actually against what Desmond wants? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i think not because blood is red and ubisoft wanted to show the people that it is written in blood (the truth is written in blood)

sevendaydemon
11-01-2009, 10:15 AM
Yea modern day AC is never going to happen, since we have prototype, infamous, and soon the saboteur which is based in world war 2 Paris.

If I had to guess, I'd go for the age of enlightenment which was 18th century I think.

Fitting for this game I think anyway.

keepth3beat
11-01-2009, 01:01 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by caswallawn_2k7:
they have said they don't want a shooter so modern day is pretty much a no go... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Please don't take this the wrong way, but this is the millionth time I've seen this and it makes me want to bash my face into a wall every single time I see it. So everything I say below is not directed at you personally, just everyone else that's said it as well. XD

There are *other ways* to kill people in the present day. @_@ There are spies all over the world that dig up information and kill people who need to be killed every day, and they don't only use guns. There's a spy museum in Washington D.C. that has all sorts of amazing little devices for any and all needs--from bugging to hiding to murder. If they wanted to do something for the modern day, they could easily pull influences from that.

Metal Gear Solid isn't a shooter. You can play it *like* a shooter, but that's ultimately not what the game is about, and (with the exception of MGS4) it punishes you for doing so. Anyone remember that battle with The Sorrow in MGS3? Well, I bet you did if you decided to go on a killing spree and had to sit through 20 minutes of wading through corpses and avoiding ghosts.

Granted, while they do it completely differently, Assassin's Creed and Metal Gear Solid both rely on a stealth factor in their gameplay. How closely you want to stick to the word 'stealth' is entirely up to you, the player.

There could be present-day missions wherein, should Desmond need to assassinate anyone (if the game should happen to be set in present day), they could be set up similar to the way that one mission we've seen before in AC2 is--assassinate your target while meeting certain stipulations. One of such stipulations could be to kill without the use of a gun.

To think that murder can only be committed with your hands, knife or a gun is rather limited, I think. If they do set it in modern day, not only could it be a cool opportunity to have some sweet pseudo-spy toys, but those toys could really introduce some interesting game mechanics, as well.

BixelBG
11-01-2009, 01:09 PM
Assassin's creed 3
i've read somewhere that the developers think to make desmond the one assassin =O but i am pretty sure this will be an epic fail because 21th sentury have guns,nukes and other ****s that in 11th and 15th sentury doesn't has =\

caswallawn_2k7
11-01-2009, 01:10 PM
and to keep to that style of game play you lose the free running and exploration aspect of the game, as in the present day if some1 was to start running over roof top's after killing some1 they would have a helicopter up and marksmen. the police aren't just going to say oh well he's just killed some1 every1 get their night sticks out since we want to give him a chance in close combat http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

darkghost1995
11-01-2009, 01:13 PM
I don't like the idea of guns in AC2 so to have it in modern day would ruin it for me and besides if they were due this I think it would clash with splinter cell

Ubisoft are way to smart to let that happen

TxL7833
11-01-2009, 04:55 PM
Hey I think the best plot twist would be to have a guy who wakes up a 1000 years (3012+) in the future who lives through Desmond's memories as he relives the life of Altair and Ezio.

I'd love to see a game like that. Plus they could have a world that could have gone through an apocalypse where guns aren't used any more and the animus is just a helmet that fits on the guys head.

El_Sjietah
11-01-2009, 05:03 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TxL7833:
Hey I think the best plot twist would be to have a guy who wakes up a 1000 years (3012+) in the future who lives through Desmond's memories as he relives the life of Altair and Ezio. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That would make no sense. They might as well jump to Altair and Ezio straight away if they want to see those bits. And if they don't, they would've fast forwarded those parts of Desmond's memory, because they wouldn't be relevant to what they're looking for.

Caleb380
11-01-2009, 05:19 PM
I think that they might do a first assassin ever type of character. Like the first founder of the Hashashin or just the person who first thought of using assassination as a means of killing people. So it might be set in extreme ancient times like during the early greek civilization(Minoans).

X10J
11-01-2009, 05:39 PM
welcome to the forum

TxL7833
11-01-2009, 05:40 PM
Yeah probably not the best idea to go to 3012.

*Spoiler warning*

There is an achievements where you have to escape the assassins hideout where Lucy take you so I don't really know where the game could be set, Ubisoft might need to make a new animus 3.0 .

keepth3beat
11-01-2009, 06:49 PM
and to keep to that style of game play you lose the free running and exploration aspect of the game, as in the present day if some1 was to start running over roof top's after killing some1 they would have a helicopter up and marksmen. the police aren't just going to say oh well he's just killed some1 every1 get their night sticks out since we want to give him a chance in close combat http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

In some cases, they might bring out helicopters. It all depends on how high-profile the kill/chase is. Yeah, if he steals a car and goes all GTA, of course they'll bring out the big guns. But an assassination? Naw.

Besides, kids do parkour and that stuff all the time and they aren't arrested by the cops. Desmond doing it is the same thing. And besides, a good assassin wouldn't get caught, not to mention there's usually no police patrolling rooftops. ;P

There are hundreds of murders that go unsolved, depending on the intelligence level of the criminal involved, and how meticulous they are in covering their tracks. Given that this is a stealth assassination game, I should assume that there has to be some level of that implied in the gameplay. Unless a corpse is discovered immediately after death, or the murder is witnessed and the killer manages to slip away, it's rare that they would release a giant search team with helicopters and SWAT teams and what have you.

I think y'all have just been playing too much Prototype and GTA. ;P But if they did bring in helicopters, I'm totally cool with them ripping off Prototype, giving Desmond super powers and throwing tanks at them. Lawl.

Mitro-Blade
11-02-2009, 03:44 AM
I really hope they don't take it to modern days yet. I want to go back in time again in the 3rd. I'd be ok if Desmond would be the main assassin in the 4th (Admit it, 3 games won't cut it)

BladeInCrowd
11-02-2009, 09:57 AM
I honestly hope it would be set today as they would have to come up with a reason why they would not use guns.

godsmack_darius
11-02-2009, 01:12 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mitro-Blade:
I really hope they don't take it to modern days yet. I want to go back in time again in the 3rd. I'd be ok if Desmond would be the main assassin in the 4th (Admit it, 3 games won't cut it) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I read somewhere, that they could go anywhere with this game, they could have at least 30 games if they wanted,

They could on forever http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

demon-elite
11-03-2009, 09:10 AM
im hoping that it doesnt invlolve guns becuase it just ruins the assassins creed vibe to me i dont it to go all wanted on me

Virofox
11-03-2009, 10:16 AM
Maybe the next one could be done around the Tudor times but I don't think the time gap would be as much as it is between the first and second one so maybe not lol ^.^

Hi 'm new :P

TxL7833
11-03-2009, 03:20 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Virofox:
Maybe the next one could be done around the Tudor times but I don't think the time gap would be as much as it is between the first and second one so maybe not lol ^.^

Hi 'm new :P </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Welcome to the forums Virofox *even though im new myself*

Anyway, if the game was set in Tudor times wont that only be set in England. I don't think anyone else had a 'Tudor' period in their history.

Wikipedia also says that Tudor period refers to the time period from 1457 to 1603.

ForsakenMessiah
11-03-2009, 03:30 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TxL7833:
if the game was set in Tudor times wont that only be set in England. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And whats wrong with England? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

Although im so happy AC2 is set in Italy, my grandmother is from and island off of Naples called Ischia http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/metal.gif

caswallawn_2k7
11-03-2009, 03:32 PM
technicaly no tiem is out of the question as long as they can intersect with altiar's, Ezio's and Desmond's family line. technically it doesn't need to be a direct descendent as over the centuries the assassins could spread all over and they could also meet back up.

meaning some assassin in say England at the same time as Ezio could could have descendants that eventually meet up with the descendants of Ezio and they could have a kid and that converges the 2 lines so it could lead to Desmond.

keepth3beat
11-03-2009, 04:08 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ForsakenMessiah:

And whats wrong with England? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The main character's teeth would be messed up! ;P

And instead of parkour we'd have to have some sort of slip 'n slide because of all the rain. Y'all gotta stop with that stuff! We here in Los Angeles don't even know what rain is.

caswallawn_2k7
11-03-2009, 04:09 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">We here in Los Angeles don't even know what rain is. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
hmmm rain or earth quakes, I know what I would rather have.

keepth3beat
11-03-2009, 04:16 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">We here in Los Angeles don't even know what rain is. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
hmmm rain or earth quakes, I know what I would rather have. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, 'cuz we like, totally have earthquakes every day. *twirls hair*

I think the last one we had worth mentioning was about a year and a half ago. And that only knocked down a brick wall. Before that... I think it was about 5 years?

ForsakenMessiah
11-03-2009, 04:17 PM
The main character's teeth would be messed up! ;P </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Complete myth, we dont have bad teeth, worst teeth iv seen was from an american actually

And instead of parkour we'd have to have some sort of slip 'n slide because of all the rain. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
We dont have as much rain as people make out, at least were i live we dont.

caswallawn_2k7
11-03-2009, 04:21 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">We dont have as much rain as people make out, at least were i live we dont. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
it's true, been very little rain this summer work outside for about 6 or 7 months and saw maybe 3 or 4 days rain on a week day over that time.

we don't get any more rain than any other country it's just one of the many myths passed round by the Americans.

Eldran
11-03-2009, 04:25 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> We dont have as much rain as people make out, at least were i live we dont. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lucky for some, we've had it pouring down all day here!

El_Sjietah
11-03-2009, 05:28 PM
Try Holland. More rain than anything else over here. I think it's God's way of punishing us for living below sealevel. Even God has a sense of humour.

X10J
11-03-2009, 09:25 PM
realy did this become a conversation about weather http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

An_Idea
11-03-2009, 09:28 PM
clouds and wind ftw http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

yea i think it just did.

keepth3beat
11-04-2009, 12:01 AM
And here I thought the English were good with dry humor. I was being sarcastic. ;P

OHS_90
11-04-2009, 02:57 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by El_Sjietah:
Try Holland. More rain than anything else over here. I think it's God's way of punishing us for living below sealevel. Even God has a sense of humour. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://forums.filefront.com/attachments/spam-forum/64867d1215741549-de-motivational-posters-godlol.jpg

So this must be Amsterdam... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

El_Sjietah
11-04-2009, 06:21 AM
It would be if it weren't for our awesome dikes!

No pun there btw http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

drunk-in-acre
11-05-2009, 04:13 AM
In order to get this back on track...

Ubisoft teases more Assassin's Creed in 2010, new IP (http://www.gamespot.com/news/6239100.html)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Responding to an analyst's question about the publisher's major franchise plans for 2010, Martinez said, "There might be something around Assassin's Creed, and you mentioned that there will be a movie of Prince of Persia." He didn't specify what form that Assassin's Creed content might take, be it significant downloadable content, a spin-off game, or a full stand-alone installment in the franchise.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

UBOSOFT-Gamer
11-06-2009, 11:59 AM
Well,

-English civil war
-Netherland "Golden Age"
-30 Years War in Europe and overseas colonies
-French Revolution and Napoleon afterwards &lt;- Templer conspiracy starting the French Revo.
-Industrial Revolution London and the United Kingdom

those are good ideas http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

DO YOU THINK THE DEV WILL ASK US IN WHICH TIME PERIOD WE WOULD LIKE TO PLAY? VOTING?

Don't like the Idea with Japan/Asia.
No Ninja or Feudal Japan please.

P.S. Templer communities in europe about the year 1300
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wi...n_in_Europa_1300.png (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/6a/Templerorden_in_Europa_1300.png)

El_Sjietah
11-06-2009, 12:03 PM
Wow, they sure had a thing for France.

And what's the Grandmaster doing all the way on Cyprus?

UBOSOFT-Gamer
11-06-2009, 12:15 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by El_Sjietah:
Wow, they sure had a thing for France.

And what's the Grandmaster doing all the way on Cyprus? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

with my limited knowledge as far as i know short answers

The founder(s) of the Templars were from France and has the most members from France

After the muslims defeated the Christian Orders, including the Templars, the christians had no basement on the holy land. The Templars had one in Cyprus which became the Headquarter of the Grandmaster. Just before the door of the holy land, reconquered by the Muslims. Cyprus was lost some years later too (if i am right about that, not sure)

maybe some can give a more deatiled answer :P

El_Sjietah
11-06-2009, 12:17 PM
Well, that does make a lot of sense.

UBOSOFT-Gamer
11-06-2009, 12:30 PM
yes, to compare here the communities of the german order in about 1300
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wi...n_in_Europa_1300.png (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/2c/Deutscher_Orden_in_Europa_1300.png)

and the Hospitaler
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wi...n_in_Europa_1300.png (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/e2/Johanniterorden_in_Europa_1300.png)

I hope the devs will do nothing with first and second world war. that would suck.

wouldnnt mind Holland Golden Age.

JudgeQwerty
11-06-2009, 07:00 PM
China's Boxer Rebellion actually strikes my fancy. I don't believe anyone's done a video game about it.

freedomasn
11-06-2009, 07:55 PM
i think we sould have it done in amer revolution
it did inspire most of the revolutions after its time & since the founding fathers were masons & there is a conspiracy theory about masons being modern day templars maybe the assassin could be on the loyalist side & assassinate patriot leaders

i aplogize for my lack of punctuation & capitilazaion

JudgeQwerty
11-06-2009, 08:15 PM
Ehh, sounds a bit too close to National Treasure.

freedomasn
11-06-2009, 08:27 PM
I ain't dissing it, I'm just tired of Americans thinking they're always better than the other countries and are trying to show them how they look like when they make pig-headed statements about America being the World's last hope and America is the best,http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif And i live in America! From all the other countries I've lived in, America isn't on my top list and I did know the little history lesson, I'm just explaining one of the many reasons that come to mind when he said America still is the most powerful on Earth </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Too bad stupidly spending money is light & transient causes...

"Prudence, indeed, will dictate that governments long established should not be changed for light & transient causes; and accordingly all expience hath shown, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed."
Quote from U.S. of A.'s Declaration of Independence.

Please stop fighting. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

freedomasn
11-06-2009, 08:32 PM
and if ur trying to be another american who thinks they're better than everyone know what ur talking abouthttp://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We aren't!

Sorry for tripple posting.

Edit: Oops I just noticed this arguement is supposed to be over. Please forgive me.

P.S. America is great, but it isn't perfect don't get me wrong.

Prol33tariat
11-08-2009, 10:20 AM
stay out of ancient history, i do not want to see the roman age, it was to devolved, and the templars were a creation of the crusades, and i do not think they would be showing the begining of the conspiracy, you know when Tiberius found space crayons and used them to trick everyone into believing in the flying spaghetti monster.

the pieces of eden are obviously alien technology, so what cna you do in b.c., kill the whole lore, becaue once they show it to you its gonna be less intriging....plus i really dont think they want to touch that subject to directly in games, maybe in comics, but not in games...suffice it to say you wont be splitting the red sea for the jews.

I would like to see the french revolution, the united provinces of the netherlands, colonial america, at some point and all the crap that the masons and the templars have done here in actuallity will be brought up, very dan brownish...i mean jesus, have you guys been to Dxo( denver international airport)...SCARY!

nitres15
11-08-2009, 12:59 PM
dont think assassins creed 3 shud be in the modern world i dont want it to be james bond do you get me ? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

salted onions
11-08-2009, 08:21 PM
A blob of text in order to preserve a good thread, while at the same time staying on the topic of AC3. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by childprodigy:
I kind of fear the idea of using modern guns in the next game. Though, they depends on the way they implement the use of guns in AC3. Obviously the assassin's targets will be surrounded with armed people, there's no way to go around that. I can imagine also the police being in league with Abstergo/The Templars. Though the police can also just be a seperate entity, but an obstacle nonetheless.

For the second game, the hidden blade is basically the symbol of assassin's creed, so that needs to stay. It's hard for me imagine a stealth game with guns without letting it turn into splinter cell, but we must remember this isn't a normal stealth game. This is "social stealth". Blending into society is key. Hard to blend into society when climbing up skyscrapers isn't exactly the norm.

I would think the free running aspect of this game will be a lot more difficult with deadlier consequences. If even 1 person saw a man climbing a building, it would be sure to draw crowds. The fun part about AC1(for me), and hopefully AC2, was just being able climbing up the closest building, and start just running from roof to roof, assassinating random rooftop archers. That would be a bit more difficult, as I can imagine the crowd forming at ground level would attract security guards of buildings equipped firearms, which ought to be lethal to Desmond if the Ubisoft team are striving for the most immersive game.

And even if you can get past the attention drawn, and reach the top of the skyscaper, free running across rooftops would be just as difficult, or not as fun. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

GCconure
11-08-2009, 09:08 PM
In one of the trilogies I would like to see this game take place in *ahem* Yonaguni Jima http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

EmperorxZurg
11-08-2009, 09:47 PM
lol @ Freedmason: read before you posthttp://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

HewieAlbino
11-08-2009, 11:03 PM
Personally, I would love it if the third game was set during the Industrial Revolution. Steampunkish assassin gadgets!

I'm not really sure of any major conflicts or crisis during that period though. But since it's a time of great changes, almost like the Renaissance, there must be something.

I really don't like the idea of it being set in modern times. I mean, it'll be hard to use social stealth with cameras around right. Not to mention how are we ever going to climb glass-windowed buildings, without being noticed even. The only way to do a modern Assassin's Creed is to go the Hitman way. But then it'll be like... well, Hitman.

CaptainP00face
11-09-2009, 05:49 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by nitres155:
dont think assassins creed 3 shud be in the modern world i dont want it to be james bond do you get me ? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm almost sure its going to be in the present

Caleb380
11-09-2009, 03:19 PM
"Cough" "Cough" Opinions Please!!!
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Caleb380:
I think that they might do a first assassin ever type of character. Like the first founder of the Hashashin or just the person who first thought of using assassination as a means of killing people. So it might be set in extreme ancient times like during the early greek civilization(Minoans). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

OHS_90
11-09-2009, 03:34 PM
Firstly, I doubt that they would go that far back in time, as there would be nothing to climb and rather boring weapons. And second, 'assassins' (i.e. a person who murders a prominent individual for what ever reason) would have probably been around long before the Minoans.

thekyle0
11-09-2009, 04:58 PM
Here's a crazy thought: How ironic would it be if something happens to Desmond that causes him to accidentally lose one of his fingers? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

TyronLeRoy
11-09-2009, 05:55 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by childprodigy:
A blob of text in order to preserve a good thread, while at the same time staying on the topic of AC3. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

I kind of fear the idea of using modern guns in the next game. Though, they depends on the way they implement the use of guns in AC3. Obviously the assassin's targets will be surrounded with armed people, there's no way to go around that. I can imagine also the police being in league with Abstergo/The Templars. Though the police can also just be a seperate entity, but an obstacle nonetheless.

For the second game, the hidden blade is basically the symbol of assassin's creed, so that needs to stay. It's hard for me imagine a stealth game with guns without letting it turn into splinter cell, but we must remember this isn't a normal stealth game. This is "social stealth". Blending into society is key. Hard to blend into society when climbing up skyscrapers isn't exactly the norm.

I would think the free running aspect of this game will be a lot more difficult with deadlier consequences. If even 1 person saw a man climbing a building, it would be sure to draw crowds. The fun part about AC1(for me), and hopefully AC2, was just being able climbing up the closest building, and start just running from roof to roof, assassinating random rooftop archers. That would be a bit more difficult, as I can imagine the crowd forming at ground level would attract security guards of buildings equipped firearms, which ought to be lethal to Desmond if the Ubisoft team are striving for the most immersive game.

And even if you can get past the attention drawn, and reach the top of the skyscaper, free running across rooftops would be just as difficult, or not as fun. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The social stealth aspect can be bent, maybe even broken as shown in AC2.

They will not be able to uphold the 'running on buildings, killing everybody' in the future, which is why they'll probably avoid the future at all costs. When they apply stealth + action too much the game simply becomes Splinter Cell: Conviction as a person is being chased after, and that person kills people.

They can, however, extend the core value of the series and expand it upon different timeframes within different wars or factions. Sure, you'll derive from the original plot, but you can't have 7 games and still have the original plot (unless you're METAL GEAR SOLID, which is why that's such an kickass game)

I can imagine that after the war (if there will be such a thing) people will be interested in the true potential of the Animus, and maybe find out more about the lineage of the assassin's. They would have to drop the silly cape though, but that could make up for a different set of clothes, as long as the Assassin's logo is present.

Cjguy156
11-09-2009, 05:57 PM
It will most likely be 2012 since it a trilogy though it would be interesting how they could make free roam.

TyronLeRoy
11-09-2009, 06:27 PM
http://i36.tinypic.com/2lmp3jr.jpg

This is what I am talking about.

First - I know that contextually this perceives to be a very wrong picture. Bare with me here, it was what I could come up with at the moment.

But they could stretch the context of the game series, switching periods of historic assassinations to their own hands in order to create new exciting context.

I reckon that after 5 or 6 games, this whole templar - assassin thing will get old.

freedomasn
11-13-2009, 06:38 PM
@ d1sturedme_468: <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by d1sturbedme_468:
lol @ Freedmason: read before you posthttp://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE> D=

@ everyone: I want colonial america myself

JudgeQwerty
11-13-2009, 07:02 PM
I'd like to see a Templar spin-off. It'd probably be more of a strategy or world-building experiencem, but something that shows the other side and exoplains how the heck these guys are always taking over entire cities , industries, and militaries.

UBOSOFT-Gamer
11-14-2009, 06:39 AM
Thirty Years War or Nine Years War
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thirty_Years_War
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nine_Years%27_War

Especially withing those 2 wars setting could take place in Europe and North America and South America as well as Africa and Asia! Naval warfare happend also.

Plus both wars haven't been used for pc-games http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Scots, Croats, Sweds and even soldiers from Lappland fought in the thirty years war.

Darkstar6545
11-14-2009, 05:03 PM
didn't the devs say the most possible result of ac3 will be a female during world war 2 and

&quote& We can make 30 of these things &unquote&

-Patrice Desilits
thats what i heard http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif