PDA

View Full Version : VVS Vs USAF/RAF

jugent
08-22-2005, 01:50 AM
I want to see a clash between the gigants on some Dogfight server.

jugent
08-22-2005, 01:50 AM
I want to see a clash between the gigants on some Dogfight server.

alert_1
08-22-2005, 01:53 AM
Without high alt waves of b17/24/29 it would be arcadish, but I like to see it nevertheless http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

mole_boy
08-22-2005, 02:06 AM
Spitfires vs Yak 3's, P-51 vs la 7 this sounds like something that could be challenging and fun. Maybe someone could come up with a story where the western allies attack USSR after the defeat of Germany, as their were plans to do this. It could be then run on a campaign server.
Now I'm just rambling................ http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Kuna15
08-22-2005, 06:41 AM
VVS.

MEGILE
08-22-2005, 07:35 AM
La-9 vs. Sea Fury http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

TgD Thunderbolt56
08-22-2005, 07:39 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mole_boy:
Spitfires vs Yak 3's, P-51 vs la 7 this sounds like something that could be challenging and fun. Maybe someone could come up with a story where the western allies attack USSR after the defeat of Germany, as their were plans to do this. It could be then run on a campaign server.
Now I'm just rambling................ http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There was something similar to this...it was called the Korean War.

Seriously, we had a few "46" maps in our rotation that had F4u's and Mustabgs flying against La7's and Yak-9's. It was fun and not as much of a slaughter as might have been suspected. But then again, the smart ones didn't T&B with them under 1k.

TB

alert_1
08-22-2005, 07:44 AM
Yes, Stalin had plan to invade western Europe, at least till August '45...

ForkTailedDevil
08-22-2005, 07:48 AM
It does sound good. In the game I think that the VVS has odds in its favor since few fights will be over 10k. But in real life F-51's and the like out fought the last piston engine from the Soviet Union even at low alt.

WOLFMondo
08-22-2005, 08:28 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alert_1:
Without high alt waves of b17/24/29 it would be arcadish, but I like to see it nevertheless http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why? A minority of the combat of WW2 happend at high altitudehttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif The VVS/USSR style of fighting was pretty similar to bliztkreig, with air units in direct support of ground units.

Some Germans belived the US and UK would at the last minute join the Nazi's and invade the USSR. Since all the factories are probably only within range of the B29 (just) much of the fighting would be like the last months of the war for the RAF 2nd TAF and 9thAF. Allot of low altitude support work and tactical bombing.

GR142_Astro
08-22-2005, 08:49 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TgD Thunderbolt56:
Seriously, we had a few "46" maps in our rotation that had F4u's and Mustabgs...
TB </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think you meant to type "Mustbags" which is what we have at the moment. Before 4.01, smart P51 jocks could outfly La7s and Yaks with high-speed moves. Same goes for the 109s.

Maybe they will straighten this out.

BigKahuna_GS
08-22-2005, 08:49 AM
S!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I want to see a clash between the gigants on some Dogfight server. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The real clash was called the Korean War

Bearcat99
08-22-2005, 12:23 PM
Another intersting matchup is the IJN/IJA vs VVS..... very interesting matchups....

jugent
08-22-2005, 12:43 PM
I am not talking about another sim, a contrafactual discussion about this and that, I only want to match the fighers that are in this game, to mix the ingredients in another way, and see if the dish becomes tasty.

TgD Thunderbolt56
08-22-2005, 12:50 PM
A little salt & pepper then maybe?

Astro!... I tend to agree a bit with your statement. Using high-speed maneuvers was at least a means of escape and in certain situations was a very good way to reverse the roles and become the aggressor...when flown well.

These days, I stay away from the pony if the P-47 is available and will even opt for the later variants of the P-38 instead of the "51"

TB

Bearcat99
08-22-2005, 10:07 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jugent:
I am not talking about another sim, a contrafactual discussion about this and that, I only want to match the fighers that are in this game, to mix the ingredients in another way, and see if the dish becomes tasty. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah..... thats what Im talking about..... AFAIC there are no other sims... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Badsight.
08-22-2005, 10:50 PM
which isnt exactly a good thing Bearcat . . . .

anarchy52
08-23-2005, 08:28 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bearcat99:
Another intersting matchup is the IJN/IJA vs VVS..... very interesting matchups.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sadly, i never ever saw a planeset like that...but it would be VERY interesting

Aaron_GT
08-23-2005, 09:37 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Yes, Stalin had plan to invade western Europe, at least till August '45... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The Western Allies had contemporaneous plans to invade the USSR. Just because someone has a plan (which might just be a contingency plan) it doesn't necessarily indicate an intent.

LEXX_Luthor
08-23-2005, 01:40 PM
The Japanese Army favoured the Northern Option and invade into Soviet territory. The NAVY won the politics though, so we have the Pacific War that we sim. A 1941+ Soviet vs Japanese matchup is the story never told, until FB+PF Merge Option.

mynameisroland
08-24-2005, 07:44 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by anarchy52:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bearcat99:
Another intersting matchup is the IJN/IJA vs VVS..... very interesting matchups.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sadly, i never ever saw a planeset like that...but it would be VERY interesting </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Widen your horizons and look at other servers UKD1 and UKD2 often dabble with maps and had a VVS 45 vs IJA 45 map It was awesome fighting Ki 84's in the La7 or trying to out turn late Zeros in the Yak 3 ect.

PS UKD2 has full Diff settings

Check out the whole map set there are some awsome ones including Fw 200 and Pe 2's

mynameisroland
08-24-2005, 07:45 AM
Remember USSR did invade Japan in 45 and fighting did occur

Pirschjaeger
08-24-2005, 08:29 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mole_boy:
Now I'm just rambling................ http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wasn't it the American cammander that wanted war with the Russians?

Fritz

WOLFMondo
08-24-2005, 09:07 AM
Patton did but he was a nutter.