PDA

View Full Version : Anyone noticed the new Complex engine managment tweeks?

Udidtoo
11-19-2004, 06:11 AM
I was able to spend almost an hour flying and not just watching and even though we only tested the Hellcat man....as Bearcat always say "Immersion baby"

No more getting in and firewalling with 95%PP 95%throttle forget your radiator,supercharger and fuel,mixture. You can still fly that way..for around 2 or 2 1/2 minutes. 1st there's a little smoke and noise, followed rapidly buy lots of smoke and all top end performance gone bye bye....man I love it.

Only thing I hope for( and to hear from others on) is that this is modelled for all planes of all nations and fronts. I know there is a vocal group who due to favorite ride/favorite nation etc.only enjoy their top pick being able to ride roughshod over any other plane and though they may yell long and loud I believe that the majority of simmers here are a lot like me. I get much more satisfaction from flying something that challenges me as realistically as possible, not from joining a Df server so I can type " I so Owned you dude"

So since my flight time is severly curtailed at the moment, enlighten me peeps. What other planes are exhibiting a realistic and challenging Engine mamagement because eventually I will fly them all. I don't do the "**** allied/**** axis thing. For me if it has wings and a prop its worth a look. Sure I have favorites but I want my 2 great loves to be as realistic as any others.

VF-29_Sandman
11-19-2004, 07:53 AM
i noticed it also. i brought up the gas way too quick after a bolter in a corsair, and i saw twin smoke trails on the flyby. p-38's definately seems to get the over-rev effect; especially in dives, and if u throw it full power too quick...rpm's will really go over the 'red line'. too bad we couldnt adjust the mix for the 38's tho. not sure if the supercharger's were able to be manually controlled or not. but the 38 was also notoriously hard to fly besides maintain. hey oleg, any chance of getting manual mix for the 38's?

Fehler
11-19-2004, 08:04 AM
Bravo!

I havent DL'ed the patch yet (Been working like a mule!) but if what you say is correct, I am happy as a lark! CSP props CAN and DID overrev. Yet in previous FM's the FW 190 was the only plane that could overrev in a dive in manual pitch mode. Although it is realistic, this limitation only affected a few of the LW birds. If all planes suffer now, I think it is a HUGE step forward for realism. No more diving at max throttle without worry... Although you still have that option is escape is absolutely necessary...

SeaFireLIV
11-19-2004, 08:15 AM
I agree, this sounds like excellent news. Harder, but way better!

-HH-Quazi
11-19-2004, 08:21 AM
Oh Happy days. Finally, realistic FM's on the engine management side of things. Like Udidtoo, I hope all ac have this modelled. No more jumping in balls to the walls and not worying about hurting the engine no more. Aces that were aces before the patch might have some trouble keeping up their kill ratio. The virtual pilot that know complex engine management may have the upper hand over a pilot that might be more skilled. Udidtoo and I only tested these FM's on the F4F and the Corsairs. Anybody seeing the same on the other planes?

bmwk1200
11-19-2004, 08:25 AM
I havent noticed this.
Yes, CEM is on.
Flew around for several minutes in the hellcat with max prop and power, just an overheat message, no smoke or noise though.

Zen--
11-19-2004, 10:36 AM
A CSP over-rev in this game? Wow...never thought that would happen, is this true?

Udidtoo
11-19-2004, 11:59 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Zen--:
A CSP over-rev in this game? Wow...never thought that would happen, is this true? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Its easy enough to test....Flying PF patched to 3.01...coop carrier start...take of PP 90 % throttle maxed, as soon as airborn flaps up increase pp to 95% power to 100% radaiator closed or 2

Depending on altitude and rate of climb after 2 to 2 1/2 minutes you will notice rough engine sound. I noticed Quazi beginning to smoke at my 4:00 hi if you continue at that setting in 5 minutes you will still have enough engine left to rtb.....maybe.

Now if they are all going to have that accurate of a model I say great, I'm all for it. If it only applies to certain plane sets then it stops being a great simm and becomes just another flight game set by amount of whining demands satisfied and personal tastes of those in control of programming. Lord I hope its all planes and models. Give me planes that are true to life across the board. That way, if you can down me using a combination of skill, tactics and superior machine in any combo...I can live with that and give you a sulate. If you beat me because your Tiefighter is bullet proof and defies gravity, your not a simmer in the 1st place just an arcade player(which isn't a bad thing, just a different thing) and you will then have my pity because your missing what this great work of art could and should be about. As realistic of a recreation of prop plane flying, not just combat and I pwned you as we are able to have sitting in front of moniter.

bmwk1200
11-19-2004, 01:23 PM
I'm still not seeing it guys. I just flew around in an F6-F5 for 9 minutes with radiator position 2 prop %100 and %110 power, never got anything more than an overheat message. Which planes are you seeing smoke in?

Ugly_Kid
11-19-2004, 01:47 PM
I don't see anything particular happening?
Is this something with new .exe? That doesn't work for me either...

JG77Von_Hess
11-19-2004, 07:14 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif
Hmm i have tried to kill my engine in 3.01m Not even complete abuse of supercharger at sealevel running at too lean and 100% pitch on any csp sporting plane could finninsh it off any faster than before. Perhaps i messed up my install here??

Regards.

VH.

Jaws2002
11-20-2004, 08:58 PM
What I would like to see is the right prop pitch for the IAR 80/81 http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif
IAR 80/81 had german VDM variable prop pitch, not the CSP it has now.
The poor thing is weak like a Volskwagen Polo, and on top of that it got automatic transmission too. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/cry.gif

woofiedog
11-20-2004, 09:41 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gifI noticed that when you launching from a Carrier with the Hellcat with a full bomb and rockets... even with Proper Prop Pitch and Mixture 100% your skimming the tops of the waves now.
Wow! what a Ride.

tHeBaLrOgRoCkS
11-21-2004, 04:55 AM
Will have to look into this it did 'seem' a little easier to knacker the 41 spit? Thanks for the heads up