PDA

View Full Version : Steady aim.. again

chaikanut
04-07-2005, 03:59 PM
I have no trouble doing fancy manoevers, outrolling and outmanoevering even four ace AI with almost any aircraft (appart from the FW 190). When it comes to precision in aiming, I am still far from perfect. I know where to aim but I find the crosshair lagging behind, moving on its own or bouncing all around, rarely hitting anything with the first burst. What tactics do you guys use to manage, if you have that problem? This is killing all tyhe fun in the game, please help.

BTW, i have a ch fighterstick and pedals, they have both helped immensely. What settings do you guys use? I tried setting all the sliders to 100 and changing the curve in the ch utility, it improved high angle deflection shots but made low angle worse.

VW-IceFire
04-07-2005, 04:24 PM
Is the trouble on deflection shooting or is it with just hitting the target?

If you're having trouble with deflection shooting then I find the best thing to do is pit yourself in a Hurricane Mark IIB against a Bf.109E (whatever type). Fly some 4vs4 or 8vs8 and get a hang of leading the target. The .303s work great because you get accustomed to leading a target...infact you have to lead a target to score kills.

chaikanut
04-07-2005, 04:31 PM
No, it is pointing the crosshair where I want it. It is either the joystick settings or I am just hamfisted with the plane. I can calculate deflection fine.

LStarosta
04-07-2005, 04:39 PM
Adjust your joystick settings...

If it's too sensitive, you'll fly all jittery and won't be able to lead well.

mareis1977
04-07-2005, 07:12 PM
Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but you're using the gunsight view, right?

Shift-F1 toggles your head position. In the normal position, your sight will bounce around because your head's moving. In the gunsight position, your head will stay behind it so it moves less.

ColoradoBBQ
04-07-2005, 07:15 PM
Trimming your plane also helps. It helps negate the upkick your plane creates when flying at high speeds.

Freelancer-1
04-08-2005, 01:10 AM
It's all about distance and convergence.

tigertalon
04-08-2005, 01:40 PM
Hi Chaikanut

To begin:
<UL TYPE=SQUARE>
<LI> Fly cockpit off. <LI> Time to 1/4. <LI> Target should be friendly. <LI> Review track.
[/list]

When you master shooting at this difficulty, change above points one after another. But firstly get rid of habit of slowing down the game.

ploughman
04-08-2005, 01:47 PM
If you have no rudder control, get some. Oh, and get your wings on the same plane as his unless your weapons are nose mounted, and get close, but not too close.

SnapdLikeAMutha
04-08-2005, 05:40 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ploughman:
If you have no rudder control, get some. Oh, and get your wings on the same plane as his unless your weapons are nose mounted, and get close, but not too close. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I like the first model LaGG-3 because it has all that firepower clustered in the nose, it enables you to lay a pretty impressive concentration of fire onto a target without having to wory quite so much about convergance