PDA

View Full Version : enforcing skins in mission builder

Hoarmurath
11-12-2005, 10:20 AM
I think it would be nice to have an option enforcing the use of a particular skin in the mission builder, like we have an option enforcing the weapon loading.

I think it would be nice for online coops, for two reasons :

1 - Better immersion by enforcing the use of historical skins.

2 - Reduce bandwidth usage by having less skins to upload/download.

Hoarmurath
11-12-2005, 10:20 AM
I think it would be nice to have an option enforcing the use of a particular skin in the mission builder, like we have an option enforcing the weapon loading.

I think it would be nice for online coops, for two reasons :

1 - Better immersion by enforcing the use of historical skins.

2 - Reduce bandwidth usage by having less skins to upload/download.

polak5
11-12-2005, 01:17 PM
I heard earlier in Spitsvs109's server that they were working on this.. i dont know how ther gona do it dough. this would be nice. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

Tater-SW-
11-12-2005, 02:45 PM
It'd be nice OFFLINE as well. If you have ever used a plane with another skin, then go to a mission, you get the last skin you picked, not what the mission requests.

tater

Hoarmurath
11-12-2005, 03:06 PM
Offline it is not as important, and i think people would appreciate to keep the possibility to use personal skins (victory markings... ).

In dogfight, i don't think it can be used, as can't be used the option enforcing weapon loading.

But i think it should add much to coops, and especially to online wars.

Tater-SW-
11-12-2005, 07:47 PM
Offline the issue isn;t "enforcing" skins as much as it is the hassle of having to exit a mission you started, restart it, and go back and change your skin because even though the mission picks skin X, it keeps your aircraft skin pref even from the QMB. It's a PITA.

tater