PDA

View Full Version : [Spoiler] Desmond didn't kill (Spoiler). Read.

Evan52395
11-26-2010, 12:32 PM
Okay well technically he may have killed <span class="ev_code_WHITE">Lucy</span>, but he was forced to kill the sun...his son. "The Sun will destroy the world" -Minerva. Maybe she meant the "son" will destroy the wolrd. Which is why the goddess had Desmond stab her in her lower abdomen, not the usual kill using hidden blade (to the neck). He had to kill his unborn son.

Another thing: He is a direct descendant of "Those who came before", maybe Lucy is not. Maybe the product of a Descendant and a regular human is not what must be produced...which is why he must find Eve.

Just speculation. Tell me what you think.

Evan52395
11-26-2010, 12:32 PM
Okay well technically he may have killed <span class="ev_code_WHITE">Lucy</span>, but he was forced to kill the sun...his son. "The Sun will destroy the world" -Minerva. Maybe she meant the "son" will destroy the wolrd. Which is why the goddess had Desmond stab her in her lower abdomen, not the usual kill using hidden blade (to the neck). He had to kill his unborn son.

Another thing: He is a direct descendant of "Those who came before", maybe Lucy is not. Maybe the product of a Descendant and a regular human is not what must be produced...which is why he must find Eve.

Just speculation. Tell me what you think.

salted onions
11-26-2010, 12:34 PM
So he made her barren? That's.. terrible.. maybe. o_o. I never thought of it like that. seems like a stretch though.

Radman500
11-26-2010, 12:35 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">ust be produced...which is why he must find Eve.

Just speculation. Tell me what you think. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

thats a good theory.

my theory is that the ancients want to have desmond find the descendant of eve, to rebuild there race... but in the end the son will attempt to destroy the world, and desmond has to stop him

Evan52395
11-26-2010, 12:37 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Radman500:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">ust be produced...which is why he must find Eve.

thats a good theory.

my theory is that the ancients want to have desmond find the descendant of eve, to rebuild there race... but in the end the son will attempt to destroy the world, and desmond has to stop him </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Which could tie in with Desmond having to stab her to stop him.

glenneey
11-26-2010, 12:38 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Evan52395:

why the hell aren't you already working for ubi????

Radman500
11-26-2010, 12:38 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Evan52395:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Radman500:

thats a good theory.

my theory is that the ancients want to have desmond find the descendant of eve, to rebuild there race... but in the end the son will attempt to destroy the world, and desmond has to stop him </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Which could tie in with Desmond having to stab her to stop him. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

which means.... lucy is the descendant of eve... she surived the stabbing, has a son with desmond.. that son turns to be a full ancient attempts to destroy the world, desmond has to stop him...

ahahahh i love assassins creed

Evan52395
11-26-2010, 12:39 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by glenneey:

why the hell aren't you already working for ubi???? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Haha :P I've actually had people ask me that before.

glenneey
11-26-2010, 12:41 PM
and about his unborn son, i knew he and lucy did it http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/winky.gif

persiateddy95
11-26-2010, 12:46 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by glenneey:
i knew he and lucy did it http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/winky.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Did what? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif

Evan52395
11-26-2010, 12:46 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by persiateddy95:
i knew he and lucy did it http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/winky.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Did what? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
They played sexbox 3sexy together.

glenneey
11-26-2010, 12:48 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gifdamn genius! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

ParnhamBoy16
11-26-2010, 12:54 PM
Have you ever played AC1? He would constantly stab people in the lower abdomen.

But i think she was stabbed there so she has a chance to live for the next AC or it was just easier then raising his blade.

Or maybe your right http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

E-Zekiel
11-26-2010, 01:02 PM
This seems like a plausible theory. Preferable over her dying.

steelernati0n
11-26-2010, 01:05 PM
Possible, but people could sit around and think of a million other scenarios.

BloodyMoon1
11-26-2010, 01:06 PM

I highly doubt it, since the events of AC 1 2 & Brotherhood happened over a few weeks.

Pattington_Bear
11-26-2010, 01:06 PM
Nice theory, some flaws, but I like it.

Evan52395
11-26-2010, 01:08 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BloodyMoon1:

I highly doubt it, since the events of AC 1 2 & Brotherhood happened over a few weeks. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
The child isn't born yet it could be a Fetus or Embryo after a few weeks.

XVinny84X
11-26-2010, 01:08 PM
This sounds like abunch of bullcrap to me^^ But hey I can congratulate on your imagination. Lucy surviving - plausible, with a child - hardly^^ But we only have to wonder for another year LOL

DecanDK
11-26-2010, 01:09 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">This seems like a plausible theory. Preferable over her dying. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

To hell with Lucy, if she is a templar/undercover agent for Abstergo, screw her http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

BloodyMoon1
11-26-2010, 01:18 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BloodyMoon1:

I highly doubt it, since the events of AC 1 2 & Brotherhood happened over a few weeks. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
The child isn't born yet it could be a Fetus or Embryo after a few weeks. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lol, ok well for the first week or two Desmond is at Abstergo and I doubt they did it there. Then they were at the safe house for just a few days. Followed by being in the truck for awhile, so unless they had a 4 way, I doubt that one. Then they were at the villa for maybe two days. So they had maybe 1 or two weeks to get it on, at which point most of Lucy's body itself probably wouldn't know she was pregnant.

Evan52395
11-26-2010, 01:22 PM

The child isn't born yet it could be a Fetus or Embryo after a few weeks. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lol, ok well for the first week or two Desmond is at Abstergo and I doubt they did it there. Then they were at the safe house for just a few days. Followed by being in the truck for awhile, so unless they had a 4 way, I doubt that one. Then they were at the villa for maybe two days. So they had maybe 1 or two weeks to get it on, at which point most of Lucy's body itself probably wouldn't know she was pregnant. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I think they did it at the hideout. And Lucy's body doesn't need to know if it's pregnant, the Apple does anf the Goddess does.

Pattington_Bear
11-26-2010, 01:27 PM

Lol, ok well for the first week or two Desmond is at Abstergo and I doubt they did it there. Then they were at the safe house for just a few days. Followed by being in the truck for awhile, so unless they had a 4 way, I doubt that one. Then they were at the villa for maybe two days. So they had maybe 1 or two weeks to get it on, at which point most of Lucy's body itself probably wouldn't know she was pregnant. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's what i thought but, she does not have to be pregnant. Simply stopping her from having children would get the job done and being stabbed in the womb would surely damage her if she is not dead already...

But I'm staying open minded right now.

Changing the subject slightly.
Could Eduitoro? (can't remember how to spell it) and William? from the emails be the ones dragging Desmond back to the Animus at the end?

Wind91
11-26-2010, 01:28 PM
If the ancients wanted to destroy humanity they;

a) wouldn't want Desmond to be the savior, he's the only one who can save the world and humankind.

b) wouldn't have their chosen family/bloodline be ASSASSINS that oppose the Templars THAT WANT TO TAKE AWAY FREE WILL. Hmm, sounds to me like the Templar's follow the original actions of the Ancients - enslavement of humans. However the Assassin's are against it, and since the Ancients have said that the cross are evil and bad people and need to be stopped...i do believe that they want to protect free will and humanity!!!!

I think Lucy was a double agent, even if she wasn't Desmond and mystery girls potential son may be an important step in the Ancients plan of advancing humanity. Remember when they realized they were going to die out they began passing on things that they could to humans. Essentially humanity has to one day become and surpass Those Who Came Before. By producing a full blooded one you have a pure source of DNA that will then distribute into humans basically increasing and slowing evolving the race.

Pattington_Bear
11-26-2010, 01:33 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Wind91:

I think Lucy was a double agent, even if she wasn't Desmond and mystery girls potential son may be an important step in the Ancients plan of advancing humanity. Remember when they realized they were going to die out they began passing on things that they could to humans. Essentially humanity has to one day become and surpass Those Who Came Before. By producing a full blooded one you have a pure source of DNA that will then distribute into humans basically increasing and slowing evolving the race. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It didn't confirm she was a double agent "the danger of the cross" can mean two things only.

1. Templar pawn
2. Cross breeding

Evan52395
11-26-2010, 01:33 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Wind91:
If the ancients wanted to destroy humanity they;

a) wouldn't want Desmond to be the savior, he's the only one who can save the world and humankind.

b) wouldn't have their chosen family/bloodline be ASSASSINS that oppose the Templars THAT WANT TO TAKE AWAY FREE WILL. Hmm, sounds to me like the Templar's follow the original actions of the Ancients - enslavement of humans. However the Assassin's are against it, and since the Ancients have said that the cross are evil and bad people and need to be stopped...i do believe that they want to protect free will and humanity!!!!

I think Lucy was a double agent, even if she wasn't Desmond and mystery girls potential son may be an important step in the Ancients plan of advancing humanity. Remember when they realized they were going to die out they began passing on things that they could to humans. Essentially humanity has to one day become and surpass Those Who Came Before. By producing a full blooded one you have a pure source of DNA that will then distribute into humans basically increasing and slowing evolving the race. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
When did I mention the ancients wanted to destroy humanity?

BloodyMoon1
11-26-2010, 01:41 PM
So we're suppose to believe a race that made mankind and things like the apples couldn't wipe out a race that's like dolls to them when they knew their race was dying too?

Ok, compared to the "Ones That Came Before", humans are suppose to be VERY stupid, and we've figured out how to kill each other just fine with nukes, but a race that's superior to us couldn't manage to take us down?

Wind91
11-26-2010, 01:43 PM
That was in response to someone who mentioned that, not for you sorry!

I think Lucy is a double agent because she went completely AWOL in between sequences. You find her once outside but the next time she disappears no one could find her anywhere. Throw in those footsteps at the stairs and her attitude - highly suspicious. Eagle Vision isn't perfect it'the ancients 6th sense that Desmond and those before him couldnt use to capacity - something i think Desmond may end up unleashing. I think that's one reason why 16 went insane, the massive bleeding effect and then he may have accidentally channeled the eagle vision at full capacity to see the future or maybe he managed to glimpse the future by seeing the memories of the ancient that their family is descended from?

Pattington_Bear
11-26-2010, 01:50 PM

I think Lucy is a double agent because she went completely AWOL in between sequences. You find her once outside but the next time she disappears no one could find her anywhere. Throw in those footsteps at the stairs and her attitude - highly suspicious. Eagle Vision isn't perfect it'the ancients 6th sense that Desmond and those before him couldnt use to capacity - something i think Desmond may end up unleashing. I think that's one reason why 16 went insane, the massive bleeding effect and then he may have accidentally channeled the eagle vision at full capacity to see the future or maybe he managed to glimpse the future by seeing the memories of the ancient that their family is descended from? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep, 16 unlocked the 6th sense "knowledge" his human mind could not handle it, and made him insane. Hence the reason he knows past, present and future events.

Wind91
11-26-2010, 01:53 PM
However, Desmond needs to unlock this as well. The key difference is that he isnt being mind-raped by Abstergo/Animus...either that or he's genetically compatible with it haha. Although technically that woudl mean Desmond/Eve's son would have instant access to this as well...oh the possibilities.

BloodyMoon1
11-26-2010, 01:54 PM
Btw, just something I'm throwing out there, 16 isn't dead. The trophy you get for the glyphs is in Morse code for "I AM ALIVE".

Pattington_Bear
11-26-2010, 01:57 PM
Btw, just something I'm throwing out there, 16 isn't dead. The trophy you get for the glyphs is in Morse code for "I AM ALIVE". </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He is alive inside the animus...

Wind91
11-26-2010, 01:57 PM
go to the thread in Hints & Tips someone psoted and many other as well, that 16 is dead everyone knows it but he could be living as an AI construct. His speech in the Truth made him seem like a machine "must replenish energy" wtf?

16 existence also challenges desmond's purpose. Both come from the similar lineage so why is Desmond the guy with the perfect DNA and not 16?

Lonnie_Jackson
11-26-2010, 03:43 PM
If you have the collectors guide read all thier notes and everyones story and glyphs/truths and the ending and what has happened comes a whole lot clearer.

midgiemelendez
11-26-2010, 04:10 PM
So we're suppose to believe a race that made mankind and things like the apples couldn't wipe out a race that's like dolls to them when they knew their race was dying too?

Ok, compared to the "Ones That Came Before", humans are suppose to be VERY stupid, and we've figured out how to kill each other just fine with nukes, but a race that's superior to us couldn't manage to take us down? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They couldn't manage to take us down because we had strength in numbers, and likely access to any technology they had, like a slave revolt on an epic scale

xXxDAL978xXx
11-26-2010, 04:38 PM
Very good theory. The thing i want to know is, if Lucy is really a templar, why did she risk her life going to that place with Desmond ?. We think she is dead, but she might have survived. Also, the two people talking during the credits, did they have Desmond ?? What i think is it is a dream within a dream at this point... maybe desmond is in the animus reliving his moment in time getting the apple, and that's why they said "Put him back into the animus", he was going into shock from watching that moment, and they just put him back in. More then likely it is templar cause if you saw the email rebecca sent to everyone it says there was a shady van across the street from monterrigioni.

BloodyMoon1
11-26-2010, 04:43 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by midgiemelendez:

Ok, compared to the "Ones That Came Before", humans are suppose to be VERY stupid, and we've figured out how to kill each other just fine with nukes, but a race that's superior to us couldn't manage to take us down? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They couldn't manage to take us down because we had strength in numbers, and likely access to any technology they had, like a slave revolt on an epic scale </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ok, if we can manage nukes, they could take out the entire planet, especially if they knew they were going to die anyways.

xXxDAL978xXx
11-26-2010, 04:44 PM

I think Lucy is a double agent because she went completely AWOL in between sequences. You find her once outside but the next time she disappears no one could find her anywhere. Throw in those footsteps at the stairs and her attitude - highly suspicious. Eagle Vision isn't perfect it'the ancients 6th sense that Desmond and those before him couldnt use to capacity - something i think Desmond may end up unleashing. I think that's one reason why 16 went insane, the massive bleeding effect and then he may have accidentally channeled the eagle vision at full capacity to see the future or maybe he managed to glimpse the future by seeing the memories of the ancient that their family is descended from? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm kickng myself for not leaving the animus during sequences, i didn't know Lucy done all that.

kriegerdesgottes
11-27-2010, 12:29 AM
That is a good theory actually. I never thought about the whole stabbing in the stomach thing. The thing is though it doesn't make sense that subject 16 is desmond's son because in the first game subject 16 puts his blood all over the walls. so he clearly lived sometime before desmond got there and desmond never mentions having a son especially considering he's only 25.He only talks about his parents.

X10J
11-27-2010, 01:18 PM
The abdomen is often the target for the hidden blade. Am I the only one here whose done a low profile assassanation?

I doubt they would have had Lucy and Desmond sleep together without indicating it to us. I mean they even let us know about Rebbeca and Shawn.

I doubt that Desmond's son would destroy the entire world.

Or that Desmond is full blooded First Civilization. I'm pretty sure he's mostly human.

I was thinking that Juno might have killed Lucy to save Desmond, that Lucy might have been exposing him too much to the animus, and that if left unchecked would've led Desmond to madness. It might also explain why she was blue in eagle vision; just because she means him no harm doesn't mean she can't hurt him. Although that would hurt the writers's ability to use the animus in the plot. I don't know, thats just the best I can come up with right now.

In relation: Anyone else notice William's second initial is M?

E-Zekiel
11-27-2010, 01:32 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by X10J:

In relation: Anyone else notice William's second initial is M? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I noticed. But what is the significance? I always notice initials and try to piece them together. In one of the truth situations, for example, we see "H. and S.". This is Hitler and Stalin.

But William M. (among others) never clicked for me. Elaborate?

On an unrelated note, someone quoted a codex page of Altair's that made wonder if Desmond, Ezio, and Altair might even all be the same amnesiac.

Deaghaidh
11-27-2010, 01:51 PM
There's a snippet of dialogue after Desmond collapsed that I find interesting. It's something like "Oh ****, he's in shock!" "Get him back in the Machine" "But the Animus did this too him" etc

I think it may turn out that Dessmond may never have left the Animus at all, and the sequels were a trick the Templars conjured up to get him to find what subject 16 hid in there, as well as what was in the vault and where the apple was.

It doesn't fit perfectly but its an interesting thought.

Another is that Those Who Came Before are using Desmond for their own purposes, which might have been ruined by Lucy attempting to "go with" him on the "journey" they want him to take. So just to be safe, they had him kill her. They didn't seem to think much of humans', even the hybrid ones, ability to understand what was going on and do what was necessary.

Plus, I think the temples won't actually save the earth. I think that somehow, activating them on the appointed day will bring back TWCB and leave the humans to burn, since after all uppity humans destroyed their civilization the first time.

E-Zekiel
11-27-2010, 02:12 PM
I think it's more likely that the huge event is going to happen, and it will be more likely that it's about surviving than saving everyone. The world is royally screwed beyond repair and the only real way to fix it is mass destruction (unfortunately) and try to make due with the ashes and rebuild something less corrupt.

BloodyMoon1
11-27-2010, 02:14 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by E-Zekiel:
I think it's more likely that the huge event is going to happen, and it will be more likely that it's about surviving than saving everyone. The world is royally screwed beyond repair and the only real way to fix it is mass destruction (unfortunately) and try to make due with the ashes and rebuild something less corrupt. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lol are we talking about the game or the real world?

E-Zekiel
11-27-2010, 02:15 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by E-Zekiel:
I think it's more likely that the huge event is going to happen, and it will be more likely that it's about surviving than saving everyone. The world is royally screwed beyond repair and the only real way to fix it is mass destruction (unfortunately) and try to make due with the ashes and rebuild something less corrupt. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lol are we talking about the game or the real world? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Both http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

BloodyMoon1
11-27-2010, 02:19 PM

Lol are we talking about the game or the real world? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Both http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Then I fully agree.

X10J
11-27-2010, 02:28 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by X10J:

In relation: Anyone else notice William's second initial is M? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I noticed. But what is the significance? I always notice initials and try to piece them together. In one of the truth situations, for example, we see "H. and S.". This is Hitler and Stalin.

On an unrelated note, someone quoted a codex page of Altair's that made wonder if Desmond, Ezio, and Altair might even all be the same amnesiac. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

William M.

M. for Miles?

Wind91
11-27-2010, 03:19 PM
Desmond has a father, he wasn't born in a pod.

:P
actually his dad being an expert on the animus would make sense.

X10J
11-27-2010, 03:27 PM
Realy he has a father. How long have you been sitting on this info.?

Why did Lucy claim not to know about his father, who is apperently the leader of the assassins.

Also: some believe that the expert is 16

Post Script: can we make it a thing and refer to the guy at the credits as "The Expert"?

dionkey
11-27-2010, 04:45 PM
This is my theory.

The Apple allows the user to see into the future. The ending scene of BH depicts a metaphor for a event that will happen in the future. In the truth we figure "someone" is not who they seem they are and that the Sun is key. That someone is two possibilities:
Lucy or Rebecca.
I believe it is Rebecca for the simple fact that Subject 16 seems distressed that everyone Desmond ever loved is gone.

I believe Desmond will end up making the wrong choice and will kill Lucy. The Sun refers to not a child but our Solar Systems sun (remember during AC2 under the Vatican) and how we need to find temples (Myan, of course for any 2012 conspiracy theory) to survive. The Abstergo satellite launch is some kind of device made to broadcast a message. I believe it will get people to come under their order during the peoples time of greatest need. This is where the Apple comes in, they need it to broadcast their message in harmony and control the mindless public.

X10J
11-27-2010, 04:52 PM
if you play it with subtitles they read "the Sun...your son..."

could you elaborate on your rebecca theory?

and we knew about the apple/satellite combonation since AC1.

dionkey
11-27-2010, 05:09 PM

and we knew about the apple/satellite combonation since AC1. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I believe that was a problem in development. To have two different types of spelling in the same sentence(which largely changes the story's direction)only viewable through subtitles is sort of like grasping at straws. Especially when he said Sun first time, its like some kind of bad joke, how was he supposed to communicate that to Desmond? It just doesn't seem proper and I am sure it will be expanded upon later.

My theory for Rebecca comes from a few facts. First of all is that she has access to massive amounts of data and controls the Animus. Lucy does not seem technically capable enough to figure out whether Rebecca was feeding Abstergo information.

Second there is a 7 year gap between when Lucy last saw her and AC2. She recruited Shaun during that time who also controls a lot Assassins field ops. At the end of BH when Desmond stabs Lucy both Rebecca and Shaun are missing.I am not sure if this is a development problem or has a purpose. I believe Rebecca has been feeding Abstergo live info and Shaun leaked their position to Abstergo during AC2.

E-Zekiel
11-27-2010, 05:10 PM

On an unrelated note, someone quoted a codex page of Altair's that made wonder if Desmond, Ezio, and Altair might even all be the same amnesiac. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

William M.

M. for Miles? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh holy crap. Didn't even think about that. I think it's coincidence but I suppose we'll see.

X10J
11-27-2010, 05:15 PM

William M.

M. for Miles? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh holy crap. Didn't even think about that. I think it's coincidence but I suppose we'll see. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nothing is true.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dionkey:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by X10J:

and we knew about the apple/satellite combonation since AC1. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Everything is permitted.

OGCFB
11-27-2010, 05:27 PM
Also you guys dont forget that the apple of eden can be used to control peoples minds how do we know him stabbing Lucy wasn't just all in his head...

XJoker3697D
11-27-2010, 05:44 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Parnhamboy18:
Have you ever played AC1? He would constantly stab people in the lower abdomen.

But i think she was stabbed there so she has a chance to live for the next AC or it was just easier then raising his blade.

Or maybe your right http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
BUT... If you watch closely to the video, she starts bleeding...within' seconds. So maybe she was meant to survive...but ( Just my opinion ) I think she died...

X10J
11-27-2010, 05:52 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by OACFB:
Also you guys dont forget that the apple of eden can be used to control peoples minds how do we know him stabbing Lucy wasn't just all in his head... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There's a theory that his being part First Civilization makes him imune to the apple's control, like Altair. However, Altair "felt death's embrace" his death so I guess hallucinations are still in.

OGCFB
11-27-2010, 05:53 PM
Yes but Altair could still use the apple for visions which means it must have the ability to effect the mind...

X10J
11-27-2010, 05:58 PM
Yea deffinitely. Like I said hallucinations aswell.

OGCFB
11-27-2010, 06:07 PM
The only thing that throws that idea out the window is the way she says "it is done" straight after he stabs Lucy as in he really is forced to kill her...

X10J
11-27-2010, 06:09 PM
yea hence the head scratching http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

Unless deception's afoot

Deaghaidh
11-27-2010, 06:40 PM

Also: some believe that the expert is 16

Post Script: can we make it a thing and refer to the guy at the credits as "The Expert"? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, I believe "The Expert" could be Vidic, and the quote could have been a memory of Subject 16 listening to Abstergo Animus operators.

X10J
11-27-2010, 06:44 PM
thanks, also you don't need the quotes I just put that to signal the entire title.

Also could you elaborate? do you mean Desmnd was remembering a conversation 16 had with Vidic about putting Desmond in the animus, or a conversation 16 over heard involving Viddic and a third party, about putting 16 in the animus?

drama618
11-28-2010, 02:50 AM
On the subject of Shaun and/or Rebecca being moles: I don't think that is the case. I'm not saying that because it is an impossible fit in the story. Instead, I'm saying that from observations on how they have written the characters and who they picked as voice actors.

Rebecca and Shaun have been the comedic relief since they entered the story and writers learned a long time ago that turning the comic relief into the bad guy makes for a terrible twist. One, because it is hard to take them seriously as a villain at that point, and two, because it robs the viewer of the only thing keeping the story from having a tragic overtone.

Another good reason why it cannot be them is because there is literally NOTHING in the story that even alludes to the possibility that they are double agents. For Lucy, however, there have been slight allusions to her betrayal. I can't think of one movie or game in which the major plot twist has not been alluded to in some small way. Not movies like The Usual Suspects, Fight Club, or Sixth Sense. Not even games like Bioshock.

My last reason is their choice for voice actors. Both have a light-hearted tone to their voices that lets the player know that they are present for comedic enjoyment only. If you can imagine Rebecca saying, "I'm going to kill you, Desmond" without laughing, you must not be human. Shaun, however, does have a voice that could be suited for a villain. But, the sarcastic British villain has no place in the Assassins Creed universe; it simply doesn't fit with all of the other bad guys' styles or the story.

Again, I'm coming from a completely different angle than you all are.

iczorro
11-28-2010, 06:06 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BloodyMoon1:Lol, ok well for the first week or two Desmond is at Abstergo and I doubt they did it there. Then they were at the safe house for just a few days. Followed by being in the truck for awhile, so unless they had a 4 way, I doubt that one. Then they were at the villa for maybe two days. So they had maybe 1 or two weeks to get it on, at which point most of Lucy's body itself probably wouldn't know she was pregnant. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Just a quick point here. We don't know how long he was at the safe house in AC2, but we know they were at the Villa in AC:B for at least a couple weeks, because of the dates on the emails.

Wind91
11-28-2010, 07:07 AM
the expert on the Animus is probably William H, if you read the emails he seemed like he was smart when it came to the ANimus and it's effects.

Subject 16 is dead people come on, he's probably an AI now. UNless he has superhuman blood producing capabilities otherwise you dont write all that stuff in blood and then survive.

dchil279
11-28-2010, 08:12 AM

Best Extreme theory so far, maybe the shroud of eden has to do with this though

F4H bandicoot
11-28-2010, 08:46 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dchil279:

Best Extreme theory so far, maybe the shroud of eden has to do with this though </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
good point, maybe she'll be resurected by the shroud

Grandmaster_Z
11-29-2010, 07:13 AM
my main gripe with the ending is, why doesnt he just kill that ***** Shaun instead of Lucy.

F4H bandicoot
11-30-2010, 12:22 AM
becuse he has feelings for lucy, that would get in the way of him finding eve.

i actually quite lile shaun, but thet cuz im british and get his sarcy jokes.

Yoshack Fyre84
11-30-2010, 05:42 AM
But when you watch the end credits of the game, you here two techs say, "He's gone into shock, quick get him back in the Animus!" Tech 2 says, "But the Animus did this to him!" Tech 1, "Who's the expert here?"

Not EXACT quotes, but pretty much what is said.

It makes me wonder, is Desmond even Desmond at all? Could one of Desmond's descendents be in an animus in the future, and he's reliving Desmond's memories, including the memories of Ezio that Desmond experienced while he was in the Animus? Maybe your character the whole time actually is the SON of Desmond?

I'm really confused, obviously. And figuring out Subject 16's message in Brotherhood just added to the confusion. Nice work Ubisoft, I'll be buying the next installment.

trickitrules
11-30-2010, 06:03 AM
LOL Subject 16 is Alex Mercer [Prototype]
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

godsmack_darius
11-30-2010, 06:02 PM
Soo.killing his son...? Which isnt born? In order for this to happen I am assuming the kid would have to be older, there desmond would have to fight him in a few years, or decades. making him ezios age.

I think Son (or sun) is just symbolic for something else.

cgdemon894
11-30-2010, 06:07 PM
he might have stabbed her in the uterus to prevent the production of a son in the future

godsmack_darius
11-30-2010, 06:14 PM
Therefore the world is saved.

And I doubt he well get kinky with Eve, or some Ancient.

But Eve might be symbolic for a decendent of eve.

ninja_7_7
11-30-2010, 06:21 PM
Subject 16 talked about Desmonds son. The son has suomething to do with it for sure.

OGCFB
11-30-2010, 06:23 PM
Prepare yourselves Back To The Future type scene:

Subject 16: Its your kids Desmond something has to be done about your kids...
Desmond: What happens to my kids?
Subject 16: We calculated the date wrong you remain safe but "The Sun your son"

BellsMorte
12-03-2010, 09:52 PM
I believe that the theory of Lucy being a double agent it's quite possible. The fact that she dissapears for long periods of time, the red footsteps outside Monteriggioni, Subject 16 telling Desmond not to trust "her", Juno wanting to Desmond to kill her... I think it hints there's something wrong with Lucy (I know...my deductive powers are out of this world). Also, Rebecca tells Desmond that Lucy got most of the info she needed to build the new Animus out of Abstergo while she was inside. It's kind of naive to think that Lucy was so good as to fool a company like Abstergo and steal blueprints and stuff from them just like that. Specially considering that in one of those audio files from the puzzles, there's Abstergo agents monitoring some guy speaking to a woman (his wife?) in their car about how he's going to leak info about the company. If they can do that, it's very unlikely that Lucy was able to steal anything from Abstergo.

So may be she didn't steal anything. May be they didn't escape. May be Abstergo let them escape. And it kind of makes sense, cause Desmond was not forward helping Abstergo finding anything. But if Lucy poses as an ally, then Desmond would willingly sit through the Animus sessions and help them get the Apple without a fight. He would be convinced that he was helping the Assassins and not the Templars, but in truth he would be just doing their job in the end. But their weren't counting with Juno seeing that she was a Templar and that she would want her dead.

I don't know... There're so many theories one can come up with concerning that godforsaken ending... And just when you think you have the most plausible one you find some little detail that brings it down. For example Lucy glowing blue while on Eagle vision mode. It could be that Desmond is missing the sixth sense and can't really see the true self of those surrounding him, but then again it could be that Lucy was really an ally. I just wanted to vent out my ideas cause this ending is driving me insane...

itsamea-mario
12-05-2010, 08:56 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Yoshack_Fyre:
But when you watch the end credits of the game, you here two techs say, "He's gone into shock, quick get him back in the Animus!" Tech 2 says, "But the Animus did this to him!" Tech 1, "Who's the expert here?"

Not EXACT quotes, but pretty much what is said.

It makes me wonder, is Desmond even Desmond at all? Could one of Desmond's descendents be in an animus in the future, and he's reliving Desmond's memories, including the memories of Ezio that Desmond experienced while he was in the Animus? Maybe your character the whole time actually is the SON of Desmond?

I'm really confused, obviously. And figuring out Subject 16's message in Brotherhood just added to the confusion. Nice work Ubisoft, I'll be buying the next installment. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

thats sort of what i thought when i completed it.
that it may be some decendant of desmond looking back, then getting put into shock when desmond kills lucy.

but that would mean it was someone after 2012 satalite launch, and i can't see there being a truly pheasable explanation to that.

also i didn't particular consider that lucy could be a traitor, i mean the thought had crossed my mind, but it does seem like a whole load of trouble when i'm sure the templars could have done al that whilst at abstergo.
and although eagle vision isn't perfect, al mualim being an example of this, i would have thought that desmond might notice if lucy was a traitor.
and the reason she could be gone is that she might be getting food.
and the red footsteps, well one of the emails rebecca says there was an unmarked van, maybe other templar spying on them.

But, if someona had found desmond in that vault i see of absoloutly no reason why the first thing they'd do would be to put him in the animus, further evidence of it being a descendant of desmond.
i however don't like that idea as i'd prefer the next game to be desmond, not from the point of view of a descendant, or reliving the memories of one particular ancestor.
also i don't want lucy to be dead.

And the reason i'm late to this little party is that play.com are bloody idiots.

SAVMATIC
12-05-2010, 09:13 AM
The official story from Ubisoft is Lucy was killed so Desmond could find the descendant of Eve and cause a rebirth of the Ancient bloodline.

But yall have fun making pointless theories.

X10J
12-05-2010, 09:18 AM
Well thats conveniant. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Link?

SAVMATIC
12-05-2010, 09:21 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Yoshack_Fyre:
Could one of Desmond's descendents be in an animus in the future, and he's reliving Desmond's memories. Maybe your character the whole time actually is the SON of Desmond?
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>
omg NO

salted onions
12-05-2010, 09:24 AM

Or it could've been pre-emptive since those who came before know a lot about the future. Kept to their own devices, Lucy and Desmond might gotten too attached.

itsamea-mario
12-05-2010, 09:52 AM
yeah a blade to the reprocuctive system tends to have adverse affects on child birth.

although i don't really like that idea, just seems iffy.