PDA

View Full Version : greater variety

AntiChrist7
05-07-2011, 04:48 AM
anyone got any tips on how to get this more easily? I know you need 10 different bonusses for it, but i almost never get it. Yet i often have saviior or poacher, on the floor also regural. I have the 3 kill bonusses too (incognito, discreet, silent)

But those 400 points tend to be out of my reach every match. got any tips on how to get it? (i don't use poison)

AntiChrist7
05-07-2011, 04:48 AM
anyone got any tips on how to get this more easily? I know you need 10 different bonusses for it, but i almost never get it. Yet i often have saviior or poacher, on the floor also regural. I have the 3 kill bonusses too (incognito, discreet, silent)

But those 400 points tend to be out of my reach every match. got any tips on how to get it? (i don't use poison)

persiateddy95
05-07-2011, 04:56 AM
I usually get Greater Variety.

Most common bonuses:

Incognito
Silent
Discreet
Acrobatic
Grounded
Savior
Poacher
Focus
Escape
Poison
Hidden

Even if you don't use Poison, you can try to get a Poison kill and switch to another profile.

Others:

Drop Kill
Intercepted
Close Call

Archybad
05-07-2011, 05:00 AM
Here are my 10 that I get:

Incognito
Silent
Hidden
Focus
Poison
Stun
Acrobatic
Revenge
Saviour
Poacher

Discreet & First Blood don't always come but I also try at the start of the match for these two.

persiateddy95
05-07-2011, 05:03 AM
I'm not sure if stun counts towards your varitey bonuses. But you could switch one of them for Discreet since it's easy to get.

Archybad
05-07-2011, 05:09 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by persiateddy95:
I'm not sure if stun counts towards your varitey bonuses. But you could switch one of them for Discreet since it's easy to get. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm pretty sure it does, it's only co-op bonuses that don't count.

DemureDamsel
05-07-2011, 05:11 AM
Hello there,

well, I get it very often without even aiming for it. I often start with poison and smokebomb to rank high in the beginning, so I can switch to my defence set afterwards.

I start off with sb my target for a focus poison kill and when the environment allows it, I get a hidden bonus as well. Makes 3.
I addmit, I run to my first target like hell, to earn the first blood bonus, somehow itīs satisfying to be the first to kill someone ( but I donīt get it very often...).
Add an aerial and acrobatic and you have 6.
Stuns are fun. Makes 7.
When you have 3 persuers you almost always get an escape bonus as well. One of them always starts to run at you. Makes 8. Add your discreet, incognito and silent bonus you have 11, so you donīt even need poison. And if you manage to get a saviour or poacher, you donīt need the first blood as well.

Kramerisgamer
05-07-2011, 06:20 AM
Don't forget lure.

Reign
05-07-2011, 06:46 AM
The best way for me to get GV's is by focusing on the bonuses I can engineer myself first. Whether it be through use of abilities or the environment. Once I have the three different kill varieties, followed by stun, poison, focus, hidden, escape, and acrobatic I only need one more bonus for GV(two before I had posion). But usually by that time I have got one or more of the other bonuses "given to me" by my pursuers.

Eldest219
05-07-2011, 01:10 PM
Here's how I do it (in assassinate):

I start the game off with throwing knife and hidden gun. When I spawn in, I usually hurry to the closest arrow and shoot them for first blood.

After I die, I usually switch to smoke poison and try to get my agony bonus out of the way. I usually get silent/icon with the agony.

Then, I switch to disguise and smoke bomb for the rest of the game to get my hidden bonuses.

After I get those out of the way, I go for the easier ones:

-Silent/Incog/Discrete
-Aerial
-Acrobatic
-Savior/Poacher
-Stun
-Escape
-Chain
-Focus
-Drop Kill
-Revenge
-Possible mid-air bonus with my gun class if I stay alive long enough for it to cool down.

After it is all said and done, with those 14 right there, and the agony, hidden, first blood, greater variety is way easy to get and extreme variety isn't bad either.

All in all, it just depends on the different bonuses you can remember in the heat of the moment. Using those 3 classes, I (usually) always get at least greater variety every game.

YourInnate
05-07-2011, 06:25 PM
Fyi aerial doesn't count towards variety.

The bonuses you are in control of and should make sure you get every time are:

Silent
Incognito
Hidden
Acrobatic
Focus
Agony
Escape
Stun

If you insist on not using poison, you will probably need a discreet.

From there you need 2 of the following 4 which you are not directly in control of:

Savior
Poacher
Revenge
First blood

If there is less than 2 minutes left and I have not gotten greater variety and did not get first blood, I intentionally get a discreet to make sure I get the greater variety.

On a side note, the chain bonus is really easy to get in some lobbies but near impossible in others. You will be able to quickly identify whether or not you are in a good lobby for the chain bonus.

Always get discreet as your first kill after dying. That way if you die before getting the streak bonus, it shouldn't bother you as much because you did it for variety, but if you get 2 silents then a discreet then die, you'll be mad.

Eldest219
05-07-2011, 06:36 PM
Really?

I always thought that aerial kills counted.

YourInnate
05-07-2011, 06:54 PM
Nope, I thoroughly tested because I too was I believer.

YourInnate
05-07-2011, 06:57 PM
Also grounded is another one that is easy in some lobbies and impossible in others. If you are with people who don't know about stunning, you won't get it.

persiateddy95
05-08-2011, 03:28 AM
Aerial Kill is only the definition of kill you got, Acrobatic is what counts towards you variety.

AntiChrist7
05-08-2011, 04:54 AM
yeah i sohuld go more for focus and hidden. But sometimes i go stand in a group, i walk out and kill my target, and i didn't get a hidden. strange cause the game itself says "after you leave a hide place, you will be hidden for a few seconds, use it to get the hidden bonus"

Adwaenyth
05-08-2011, 05:45 AM
From what I feel it is no more than 2 seconds that the hidden bonus counts after leaving a hiding place. So you have to be quick about it.

Just Krispy
05-08-2011, 07:24 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">On a side note, the chain bonus is really easy to get in some lobbies but near impossible in others. You will be able to quickly identify whether or not you are in a good lobby for the chain bonus </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
How can you tell?

cptn_k
05-08-2011, 07:52 AM
I thought double escape and triple escape also count towards variety bonuses, in addition to a single escape?
Harder to engineer and pull off, but I'm sure I've had a double escape count for a GV.

persiateddy95
05-08-2011, 07:56 AM
Double escape does count towards you variety bonuses. But I don't think there's a triple escape bonus...

MonsterJunkese
05-08-2011, 08:05 AM
Be a ninja in asasinate http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

IIPok3rFaceII
05-08-2011, 08:07 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PMSKrispy:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">On a side note, the chain bonus is really easy to get in some lobbies but near impossible in others. You will be able to quickly identify whether or not you are in a good lobby for the chain bonus </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
How can you tell? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
it could be easy to say about player matches - everytime i see 50- players in a lobby, i know that 70% of the time it will give me a bit more ,than in a casual game, lures, double\escapes and chain bonuses.
another thing is ranked match. here u cant be sure, that you'll get hell lots of points. it surprises sometimes, but in ranked i'm getting less points with 'noobs', while playing with so-caleed 'GM's' give me up to 9k points. it's kinda nonesence, but it happens to me every time.

and up to the topics. 80% of the time im getting this bonus. you just need a bonus counter in your head. it comes with experience, but it's easy. my most recent bonuses for GV are: descreet, silent, incognito, agony, stun, savior, poacher, hidden, escape and first blood/revenge. for last one - it's even easier because it counts even if you trigger a chase.
but acrobatics is so hard to me, i can even get grounded mo recent, cause i'm not a roofer and i'm too slow sometimes when i try to get an acrobatic bonus :\

YourInnate
05-08-2011, 10:06 AM
You'll know if it's a lobby you can get chain bonuses if there are people starting chases left and right. You can't get the chain bonus without being eligible for an escape bonus, and you can't be eligible for an escape unless someone starts a chase.

Double and Triple escape are 2 separate bonuses that BOTH count towards variety. If you escape more than 3 people in one escape bar, it will still only count as triple. I've had 6 pursuers on me in a game of assassinate, but could only get 4 of them to start chasing me after I identified them. I'm positive that a quad escape and higher only count as a triple escape.

Fun little fact:

If you die on the way to your target for the first blood bonus, more than 75% of the time you will respawn with the revenge contract. Even if it's a discreet kill, you should make sure you go get that revenge. It almost makes up for not getting first blood.

Just Krispy
05-09-2011, 07:18 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">f you die on the way to your target for the first blood bonus, more than 75% of the time you will respawn with the revenge contract. Even if it's a discreet kill, you should make sure you go get that revenge. It almost makes up for not getting first blood. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I didn't know that...interesting! I find playing Noob.0 can be challenging because they start chases but do when they are fairly close so it can be hard to get the smoke/mute down in time. Pure noobs will start the chase farther away so you see them. After playing Noob.0 for awhile its harder to pick out pursuers!

PkmnAssassin
05-09-2011, 12:40 PM
These are the bonuses you can get Variety from:

Incognito, Silent, Discreet, Hidden, Focus, Acrobatic, Drop Kill, First Blood, Savior, Poacher, Revenge, Grounded, Mid-Air, Poison, Intercepted, Lure, Stun, Escape, Double Escape, Triple Escape, Close Call and Chain.

There are 22 different "Free-for-all" bonuses, and you need 5/10/15 of them to get V/GV/EV.

persiateddy95
05-09-2011, 12:43 PM
If there are over 20 then they should have done a Master/Epic Variety bonus. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Archybad
05-09-2011, 12:50 PM
Isn't there one for a bench-to-bench kill as well? Or is that just like the aerial kill?

Serrachio
05-09-2011, 12:58 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by whattafool:
Isn't there one for a bench-to-bench kill as well? Or is that just like the aerial kill? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's a challenge, but you could end up getting Hidden-Focus from it.

Archybad
05-09-2011, 01:02 PM
I was sure I saw a bench bonus pop up when I did it. Oh well, it was awesome to pull off and that's all that matters. xD

Rafter9
05-09-2011, 01:43 PM
There are 22 bonuses that count toward Variety:

1. Discreet
2. Silent
3. Incognito
4. Hidden
5. Focus
6. Poison (any type)
7. Stun
8. Chain
9. Escape
10. Double Escape
11. Triple Escape
12. Close Call
13. Poacher
14. Revenge
15. Grounded
16. Mid-Air
17. Intercepted
18. Lure
19. First Blood
20. Acrobatic
21. Drop Kill
22. Savior

Greater Variety is fairly simple to get in any lobby, but you really need a lobby where people are willing to start chases to get Extreme Variety. Here are the bonuses you can only get if someone starts a chase with you:

1. Escape
2. Double Escape
3. Triple Escape
4. Chain
5. Close Call

It is virtually impossible to get EV without at least 3 of these bonuses. Sure, the chase bonuses only account for 5 bonuses. You still have 17 available, but good luck getting an Intercepted, Mid-Air, and/or Drop Kill in a match. In addition to the other 14 bonuses you would HAVE to get, you would need to get one of these three uncommon bonuses, in a conservative lobby non-the-less, to get EV without any of the chase bonuses.

Also, if you are playing in a lobby with conservative players that aren't willing to start chases, there is a very good chance they won't be on the roof (bye-bye Drop Kill and Mid-Air) and that they won't kill till they are sure they have the right target (so long Lure.)

EDIT: Sorry for posting the same info PkmnAssassin did above. I should refresh my screen before I reply http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/compsmash.gif

persiateddy95
05-09-2011, 01:49 PM
I can always get a Drop Kill or a Intercepted when I want. As for Escape, I always get one of those in every match, and Close Call isn't that hard either, just blend with a group or use Disguise.

Rafter9
05-09-2011, 02:31 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by persiateddy95:
I can always get a Drop Kill or a Intercepted when I want. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You can get a Drop Kill on-demand?? Always?? I doubt that. Drop Kills only happen when your target is in close proximity to a ledge; you are completely dependent on your target getting into that position AND positioning yourself properly as well.

I think you missed the point of my post anyway. It is much easier to get GV or EV in a loose lobby with noobs and roof runners then it is in a lobby with seasoned or conservative players.

It should be mentioned that GV in Assassinate is completely different then GV in Wanted. Some of these bonuses are almost a given in Assassinate (Grounded, Chain, etc) and more difficult to get in Wanted.