PDA

View Full Version : Is the North American version of 1946 Securom free?

Jabout
10-28-2007, 02:28 PM
Is the North American version of 1946 Securom free?

I only ask because I can't get the fresh install of my legit copy to run.

Jabout
10-28-2007, 02:28 PM
Is the North American version of 1946 Securom free?

I only ask because I can't get the fresh install of my legit copy to run.

MaxMhz
10-28-2007, 02:37 PM
yes.

The installer is buggy on all versions.

run "a.exe" in the DVD's root or
any "autorun.exe" in one of the numbered directories on the DVD to install.
Under Vista DO NOT install into c:/Program Files/ (the default)
install into another directory (choose your own) like
C:/Games/ (just an example)

Jabout
10-28-2007, 02:46 PM
I have a fresh install, I just can't get it to run.

I've updated the DVD firmware, clicked on a.exe, put the Ide drives to DMA (whatever that is) and tried all sorts of hocus pocus things, but basically I've wasted my Sunday trying to make a perfectly legit copy of 46 run.

I have sent some file off to Securom, but if they don't come back to me with some sort of solution I will be reduced to spending next Sunday trying to find a North American version.

(It all went downhill after boontybox & starforce)

Jabout
10-28-2007, 03:56 PM
Saw this on Amazaon.co.uk:-

11 of 24 people found the following review helpful:
A Non-Starter, 7 Jan 2007
By Sky Watcher (UK) - See all my reviews

Fun:
The game IL2 1946 may be excellent but I will never know. The DVD copy protection by SecuROM insists the purchased DVD is not an original disc and will not play. 'nuff said.

Essentially if they're not clever enough to design a system which allows people to play legitimate games, they're not clever enough to design a system to stop people hacking the DVD.

steve_v
10-28-2007, 11:02 PM
You've made three posts but not provided any details other than "I just can't get it to run". Exactly what are you expecting?

Jabout
10-29-2007, 02:03 AM
Apologies for running over several posts.

I was originally expecting it to simply work or run (having installed it), or hoping someone would have an answer to the securom problem.

steve_v
10-29-2007, 02:30 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif Since you still haven't provided any factual information except your "impression" its a Securom problem, I have consulted my magic eight ball for assistance. It replied "Not at this time". Maybe another forum member may be able to divine the problem and solution.

Jabout
10-31-2007, 02:31 AM
You're right and I was wrong, (apologies to Securom as well), it's not a Securom issue.

Securom analysed a launch file and convinced me it was not their software, (though the symptoms were similar to those experienced by others who also reckoned they had Securom issues).

What I have worked out (in case it is of use to others), if I update the graphics drivers then '46 won't start.

The work around is to uninstall '46, install the new drivers, reinstall '46 and it works fine.

MaxMhz
10-31-2007, 01:58 PM
whaaa? You mean you just re-installed the graphics drivers and now it works?

That's the first time I hear that.
Thanks for telling us!

What operating system and what graphics drivers are these? (NVidea or ATI or another GFX card comnpany?)

steve_v
11-01-2007, 06:25 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

Glad you got it resolved.