PDA

View Full Version : Problem finding CD.

Z00loo
12-18-2004, 02:20 PM
I bought the game, but when I start it (all patches are installed) I get a 0xc0000142 error, that it can't find the CD.

I went and got the no CD patch installed for it, but there's a minor problem with that... I can't play online.

Did anyone else have this problem?

Any help would be appreciated!

Mashie_Nibblick
12-18-2004, 03:29 PM
I'm afraid I can't help, mate, but you might try posting this on the Tech Support forum. Someone there'll be able to sort you out.

Best of luck, and welcome aboard.

nomercy69
12-18-2004, 10:21 PM
I'm having the problem finding the Cd error0xc0000142, where would I find a patch to fix this problem?

Tully__
12-18-2004, 10:23 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by nomercy69:
I'm having the problem finding the Cd error0xc0000142, where would I find a patch to fix this problem? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Post in the Community Help (tech support) Forum (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums?a=corfrm&cf=49310655) and wait for one of the experts to help you out.

Tator
12-18-2004, 11:28 PM
ZOOloo and nomercy,

Just curious...did you install to C:\ or a higher drive? I had exact same error until I installed to C:\ from D:\.

Texas LongHorn
12-19-2004, 10:17 AM
Y'know what this sounds like is the problem folks have with trying to mount the CD in a burner drive, be it CD ROM or DVD. The anti-piracy code put on by UBI causes lots of problems, if you have a imaging program running like Clone it just goes nuts Mggg. I hate to admit it but I used to work for Bill. You have pretty good control in XP, just set up a seperate account on your machine for game playing. It's really pretty simple, That way too, when the lovely wifey logs on to check the status of her "I can't believe it's that cheap" auction on eBay she is not using YOUR credit card <ggg.> All the best, LongHorn