PDA

View Full Version : Death Rattles

fpg909
03-26-2005, 10:30 PM
I have sunk a few ships playing in 100% realism. Im not hearing the death rattles and bursting bulkheads that made AOD so **** cool when you sunk something..Am I just unlucky so far? Has anyone else heard anything like that?

fpg909
03-26-2005, 10:30 PM
I have sunk a few ships playing in 100% realism. Im not hearing the death rattles and bursting bulkheads that made AOD so **** cool when you sunk something..Am I just unlucky so far? Has anyone else heard anything like that?

CaptainRadish
03-26-2005, 10:38 PM
They're there. I know 'cause I play with external views active and like to zoom in on the ships I kill to watch them sink.

You can hear rushing water, breaking bulkheads, hitting the bottom, all kinds of stuff!

fpg909
03-26-2005, 10:40 PM
Maybe Im not hearing hearing them as im stuck in the boat..

HelfriedSchultz
03-26-2005, 10:46 PM
Go to the Hydrophone station and point it in to the bearing of the sinking ship and you should hear something.

one.zero
03-27-2005, 02:41 PM
we should here these things on both the hydrophone and inside our sub if close enough.

where is the sound man reporting ship destroyed, disabled, sinking, breaking etc....?

WolfK33
03-27-2005, 03:47 PM
In one of my last patrols I crippled a C2 wich was hanging stern deep in the water. While waiting for my tubes to be reloaded I took position about 400m away from it at periscope depth and listened in its direction with the hydrophone.
I was absolutely astounded to hear what I´m 100% sure was a hammer being used over there !! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif
The only thing that would´ve surprised me more would´ve been to hear the damage control team swearing..."**** Krauts, ruining my nice freighter!"... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif
Something new everyday in this sim....

But, yes one.zero, I´m kinda dissapointed by the soundman too, I wished he would talk a lot more and give updates on his own..