PDA

View Full Version : Serious PE-2 Issues. PLEASE HELP!

Adam906
05-07-2006, 08:40 PM
Whenever I try and play any of the PE-2 campaigns, or the Defense of Berlin campaign for BoE as soon as the enemy comes within visual range I got the error: "0x0cc21d8a referenced memeory at 0x0cdc2f78 failed to read" Not only that, but loading anything took ages (loading one mission took 4 minutes - I timed it!) which it never used to, and every so often through flights not effected by the above error, things got really shaky and the game stuttered as if it had nowhere near enough memory.

Having burnt a copy of Pe-2.exe I uninstalled PF/FB and re-installed it (re the suggestion in a different thread) however when I went to install the Pe-2 from the burnt copy I was talk that it was missing essential files to complete the installation, "download the file and try again".

ARGH!!!

Is there anything you guys can think of, or suggest who to complain to, or have I just blown $30 on an update that I got to only fly once??

Adam906
05-07-2006, 08:40 PM
Whenever I try and play any of the PE-2 campaigns, or the Defense of Berlin campaign for BoE as soon as the enemy comes within visual range I got the error: "0x0cc21d8a referenced memeory at 0x0cdc2f78 failed to read" Not only that, but loading anything took ages (loading one mission took 4 minutes - I timed it!) which it never used to, and every so often through flights not effected by the above error, things got really shaky and the game stuttered as if it had nowhere near enough memory.

Having burnt a copy of Pe-2.exe I uninstalled PF/FB and re-installed it (re the suggestion in a different thread) however when I went to install the Pe-2 from the burnt copy I was talk that it was missing essential files to complete the installation, "download the file and try again".

ARGH!!!

Is there anything you guys can think of, or suggest who to complain to, or have I just blown $30 on an update that I got to only fly once??

Freelancer-1
05-07-2006, 10:42 PM
Hi Adam906

Have a look around at some of the many threads on this topic. I'm pretty sure I've seen a solution somewhere.

If you still can't find a fix after a thorough search, PM me and we'll see what we can do.

Troll2k
05-08-2006, 08:58 AM
Sounds like some of your machine memory has gone bad.

vocatx
05-08-2006, 11:44 AM
Did you move the Pe-2 mission files as explained in this thread?

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/23110283/m/9691071834

I have 4.05 installed per the above instructions and so far have no issues.

Adam906
05-08-2006, 05:57 PM
I have no other problem with memory issues and I followed all the instructions to the letter so can't understand what is going on http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Dew-Claw
05-08-2006, 06:00 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Troll2k:
Sounds like some of your machine memory has gone bad. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
it's a known issue, I doubt memory has died.
try other solutions before changing out memory

Adam906
05-08-2006, 08:51 PM
When you say it's a known issue - you mean the stuff ups I'm experiencing or the game slowing down while the cpu "think" about what it needs to do?

cheers

Dew-Claw
05-08-2006, 09:45 PM
That, and the memory crash..
try the community help forum, they really know thier stuff over there.
the answers are probably stickied, or at least easy to find.