PDA

View Full Version : is there a way to stop planes from disapearing once landed?

Enforcer572005
05-12-2005, 10:26 PM
I was beginning to wonder what was happening to my flight members.....i discovered that they disapear as soon as they shut down the engine. this is somewhat annoying, as I liked beign able to see who survived, how much damage etc.this is not very conducive to a realistic environment.

Is there a way to stop this in the misn files? I really hate this disapearing act. Im beginning to think someone from microsoft has infiltrated 1C. The same guy who decided to market PF before it was finished and had any ships, Im sure.

Enforcer572005
05-12-2005, 10:26 PM
I was beginning to wonder what was happening to my flight members.....i discovered that they disapear as soon as they shut down the engine. this is somewhat annoying, as I liked beign able to see who survived, how much damage etc.this is not very conducive to a realistic environment.

Is there a way to stop this in the misn files? I really hate this disapearing act. Im beginning to think someone from microsoft has infiltrated 1C. The same guy who decided to market PF before it was finished and had any ships, Im sure.

-HH-Quazi
05-12-2005, 10:41 PM
Good question. But I don't think there is any way to keep them from disappearing after they have landed. You may want to shift through the "Next Friendly View" to be able to actually see how badly they are beat up. This would also tell you how many survived, with the exception of the ignorant AI slamming hisself into the ground once he reaches your home base. HEHE

tjaika1910
05-13-2005, 12:11 AM
They dont disapear anymore. After PF I guess. Even ditched planes stay, if they are not to bad shot up.

JG301_nils
05-14-2005, 07:42 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by tjaika1910:
They dont disapear anymore. After PF I guess. Even ditched planes stay, if they are not to bad shot up. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You sure about that... I could have sworn they still disappear, but I cannot say for certain.

Zeus-cat
05-14-2005, 08:15 AM
I have noticed that they don't disappear like they used to. Not sure how long they stick around though.

Zeus-cat

LEBillfish
05-14-2005, 08:48 AM
They still do...though how long they linger tends to vairy...I agree and would like to see them stick around as well as they all tend to move to locations out of the way.

SeaFireLIV
05-14-2005, 08:49 AM
If you have updated PF/AEP/FB then the fighters don`t vanish anymore, at least not for a VERY long time. I hung around for well over 30 mins waiting for landed AI planes to vanish and they didn`t. I believe large bombers may dissappear.

Great thing about this is ( as well as seeing who survived) you can actually strafe landed enemy planes. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Kasdeya
05-14-2005, 09:15 AM
they shouldnt disappear for around 40 minutes, but on carriers they do. I guess a good reason for that, but all planes i found stay parked for around 40 or so minutes. but they might vary a bit form time to time.

Enforcer572005
05-14-2005, 02:34 PM
Ok, I just combined PF with fbgold and have yet to try it out. Gotta apply the patches tonight. that will help. I had in mind straffing planes and setting up misns where your airbase gets bounced right around the time you get back from a milk run etc. I always kinda liked parking next to one of my flight members for some goofy reason.....Im a bit of an escapist, as if thats rare around here.

I even went to a star trek convention in my youth once, but dont tell anyone.

Enforcer572005
05-14-2005, 02:37 PM
oh yeah, i forgot...In the original il2, ive had FWs follow me home that I didnt even realize were there, and they started shooting the place up, including my landed flight members. Now that was almost as cool as a tank running over one of the little running guys.