PDA

View Full Version : AI and Notoriety improvement ideas

Dagio12
11-26-2010, 01:13 PM
i thought i would create a more specific improvements thread dealing with Notoriety System and the AI in general.

I posted something in another thread regarding improvements for the next AC games, but i thought i would create one more specific to AI and Notoriety as i feel those go hand and hand.

to recap my notoriety idea. i think just making a small change could make a big difference in the realism of the game. for example, I feel like if you perform an unstealthy assassin or get into a fight with guards, your notoriety should pretty much go up all the way. when this happens, i think it would be nice if for example, a colored spot on the map appeared around the area where this fight or unstealthy assassination took place ( or at anytime you reach 100% notoriety). This spot on the map would kinda be like the red or green spots that appear for targets and restricted areas. the spot would indicate that the guards in this area are on high alert as they probably witnessed the attack and/or assassination and therfore now pretty much what you look like. you can, as always, choose to fight or run away and as you run away guards you come incontact with before you are able to break the line or sight and disappear will also appear as that colored dot as appose to the normal red dot. all these guards will continue to be alert to you if they see you. you can still go about bring your notoriety down with posters and heralds etc... but that will only make you anonymous everywhere else in the city other then the designated colors area and guards... however, you have to be 100% anonymous for gaurds to stop reacting to you. now in regards to the colored area, those guards will continue to be alert to you even once you are anonymous until you visit the tailor and change your outfit so as to disguise yourself once more. but you can only visit the tailor at this point once youve become anonymous throughout the rest of the city by tearing down posters.. etc. this just adds a few more elements in order to become anonymous again and just makes sense to me that the guards that actually witnessed your crime will continue to do so unless your look different.

*in fights guards should try to attack you more often and not wait there turn so much

*guards on the ground should start to yell and attack you like the rooftop guards if they witness you climbing large buildings like viewpoints, churches.. etc. so you have to make sure you do it away from them or behind there backs.. etc.
( i think if you just climb a tiny bit or on somewhat lower surfaces, or those small freerunning sequences where you are running along those wooden poles that come out of the walls.. those could be ok)

*all guards should somewhat react to you if you get to close and linger next to them ( even if you have no degree of notoriety).. or if you are walking right by them, they get suspicious and a little yellow arrow pops up.. at this point you just need to keep walking away breaking the line of sight and start trying to walk and blend through crowds to get them to stop being suspicious. if you stay put they will eventually attack. this is a minor detail as it isnt hard to just keep walking but it would be nice to just know that they may be onto you if youre not careful.

these are just a few tiny things that i think would make the game more immersive and real.

**thoughts?**

Dagio12
11-26-2010, 01:13 PM
i thought i would create a more specific improvements thread dealing with Notoriety System and the AI in general.

I posted something in another thread regarding improvements for the next AC games, but i thought i would create one more specific to AI and Notoriety as i feel those go hand and hand.

to recap my notoriety idea. i think just making a small change could make a big difference in the realism of the game. for example, I feel like if you perform an unstealthy assassin or get into a fight with guards, your notoriety should pretty much go up all the way. when this happens, i think it would be nice if for example, a colored spot on the map appeared around the area where this fight or unstealthy assassination took place ( or at anytime you reach 100% notoriety). This spot on the map would kinda be like the red or green spots that appear for targets and restricted areas. the spot would indicate that the guards in this area are on high alert as they probably witnessed the attack and/or assassination and therfore now pretty much what you look like. you can, as always, choose to fight or run away and as you run away guards you come incontact with before you are able to break the line or sight and disappear will also appear as that colored dot as appose to the normal red dot. all these guards will continue to be alert to you if they see you. you can still go about bring your notoriety down with posters and heralds etc... but that will only make you anonymous everywhere else in the city other then the designated colors area and guards... however, you have to be 100% anonymous for gaurds to stop reacting to you. now in regards to the colored area, those guards will continue to be alert to you even once you are anonymous until you visit the tailor and change your outfit so as to disguise yourself once more. but you can only visit the tailor at this point once youve become anonymous throughout the rest of the city by tearing down posters.. etc. this just adds a few more elements in order to become anonymous again and just makes sense to me that the guards that actually witnessed your crime will continue to do so unless your look different.

*in fights guards should try to attack you more often and not wait there turn so much

*guards on the ground should start to yell and attack you like the rooftop guards if they witness you climbing large buildings like viewpoints, churches.. etc. so you have to make sure you do it away from them or behind there backs.. etc.
( i think if you just climb a tiny bit or on somewhat lower surfaces, or those small freerunning sequences where you are running along those wooden poles that come out of the walls.. those could be ok)

*all guards should somewhat react to you if you get to close and linger next to them ( even if you have no degree of notoriety).. or if you are walking right by them, they get suspicious and a little yellow arrow pops up.. at this point you just need to keep walking away breaking the line of sight and start trying to walk and blend through crowds to get them to stop being suspicious. if you stay put they will eventually attack. this is a minor detail as it isnt hard to just keep walking but it would be nice to just know that they may be onto you if youre not careful.

these are just a few tiny things that i think would make the game more immersive and real.

**thoughts?**