PDA

View Full Version : 1.3 is crashing EVERYTIME my torp hits a destroyer

Praetorian27
05-14-2005, 09:02 AM
I am attacking a convoy, and have been detected by a Clemson Destroyer. Well, it is coming towards me but isn't sure where I am. I launch a torpedo at it. If it misses, the game goes on. If it hits and damages it, the game goes on. If it hits and there is a large explosion on deck...the game crashes. I reload the mission. Same thing. Every time. What gives?

Praetorian27
05-14-2005, 09:02 AM
I am attacking a convoy, and have been detected by a Clemson Destroyer. Well, it is coming towards me but isn't sure where I am. I launch a torpedo at it. If it misses, the game goes on. If it hits and damages it, the game goes on. If it hits and there is a large explosion on deck...the game crashes. I reload the mission. Same thing. Every time. What gives?

AdEridanus
05-14-2005, 09:22 AM
Back in 1.0 I remember someone having this same problem, so it might not be 1.3 alone. Does it happen with any destroyer, or just a specific class? I've heard this same problem with the Clemson class (which you seem to run into) if I recall.

Tyke909
05-14-2005, 03:17 PM
It was me with the Clemson destroyer problem. I solved it by making a save game immediately after I loaded my previous save. Loaded that and it stopped the CTD problem I had.

This was in 1.2 and I haven't upgraded to 1.3.

Praetorian27
05-14-2005, 03:18 PM
The game used to crash all the time. After I downloaded and installed 1.1, 1.2...it stopped completely. Now I have 1.3. It hasn't crashed with 1.3...until, I hit the Clemson destroyer. It would crash if I killed the Clemson with 1 torp. If I just damaged it the game played on.

Soulcommander
05-17-2005, 05:35 PM
Same problem with me with 1.2 patch and 1.3 as well. The patches didn't fix any of these problems according to the read me files the devs wrote. I haven't seen any of these issues even addressed!