PDA

View Full Version : A small change for 4.09

Yellow_Sub
04-01-2007, 05:58 AM
Could you please add the option to limit the TrackIR to the cockpit view, so we can use mouse or Cooliehat to look around in outside views. Right now you always have to pause the TrackIR and restart it again that's a bit cumbersome.

The option should only be in the conf.ini only no GUI changes. I'm not sure if this is hard to do, if it would be possible I would be very glad. Otherwise I added it to the BOB wish list.

That's how it works in BOB:Wings of Gory II

NO_OUTSIDE_TRACKIR=ON
This way when in external view the TIR is disabled; go back to cockpit view and it is back on. In extrenal view I use the hatswitch or mouse to pan around - too nauseating using TIR on external.

Yellow_Sub
04-01-2007, 05:58 AM
Could you please add the option to limit the TrackIR to the cockpit view, so we can use mouse or Cooliehat to look around in outside views. Right now you always have to pause the TrackIR and restart it again that's a bit cumbersome.

The option should only be in the conf.ini only no GUI changes. I'm not sure if this is hard to do, if it would be possible I would be very glad. Otherwise I added it to the BOB wish list.

That's how it works in BOB:Wings of Gory II
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">NO_OUTSIDE_TRACKIR=ON
This way when in external view the TIR is disabled; go back to cockpit view and it is back on. In extrenal view I use the hatswitch or mouse to pan around - too nauseating using TIR on external. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Phil_K
04-01-2007, 06:22 AM
Another small no-effort request from me:

Please could VF-85 be added to the USN squadrons? They were one of the few outfits to fly the F4U-1C, and there are VF-85 skins amongst the games default skins, so they should really be added.

bzc3lk
04-02-2007, 10:21 AM
Yellow_Sub,You can configure TrackIR to turn off with the use of one key stroke without interupting the game play or interfering with TrackIR.I have selected F9 as my key for this option.Once you have selected the outside view, press your selected key and TrackIR is disabled until you press the chosen key again.Hope this helps?

vonStahlhelm
04-02-2007, 12:59 PM
another improvement could be a bugfix for nvidia cardusers.
its not possible for me to change the graficsettings in il2 1946 to open gl and perfect mode anymore. i read that this problem is the same by many other people.
i know thats an nvidia issue an not a bug from maddoxgames.
but nvidia would not fix this problem. thats for sure.
as pacific fighters was released there where heavy graficproblems with nvidiacards (missing textures on airplanes (cabrio-b17's) an missing cockpit textures etc.)
that was an nvidiaissue on opengl too, an because nvidia never fixed it, maddoxgames do it.
please one more nvidia-fix, so that nvidiausers can go back to open gl.
if i switch to open gl i have major performance drops, the game is like a slideshow, 2-3 fps, no
matter wich qualitysettings, highest or lowest.

Capt.LoneRanger
04-03-2007, 03:49 AM
Next gfx-card for me is an ATI again. Not that these cards are perfect, but the recent drivers just ruin everything. My advice: Use Driver-Cleaner to get rid of newer drivers and install a pre 90.xx one.

I reverted to the 84.21 and all of a sudden dynamic shadows work again in LOMAC and the crippled water reflections with performance-settings are gone.

SithLordRoY
04-03-2007, 10:21 PM
I would like to see the option for the F8s and A6s of having the sc500 and 2x sc250s under the wings. I keep running across this load out in my readings about Ju87s and there above replacements. Just a thought.