PDA

View Full Version : UKD want to run a Co-Op server, so that it rotates maps on it's own? Help!

Mysticpuma2003
05-17-2005, 01:14 PM
Guys. Over at UK Dedicated we're toying with the idea to set up a spare server dedicated to Co-Op matches. However this is proving very difficult to implement as once the map has finished that's the game over.
What we need is a script, like FBD, that lets us have a map rotation running Co-op matches, but that can be left on it's own with user input done remoteley (unless it breaks).

Now I understand that FBD can't do this (please prove me wrong!), but we are looking for info on how we can set up a Co-Op server for the community, based in the UK.

Failing that, and we really don't want to fail, it looks like we may run a dynamic campaign server instead. Advice is also being taken on this, so we are asking for help here.

Cheers, Puma.

Mysticpuma2003
05-17-2005, 01:14 PM
Guys. Over at UK Dedicated we're toying with the idea to set up a spare server dedicated to Co-Op matches. However this is proving very difficult to implement as once the map has finished that's the game over.
What we need is a script, like FBD, that lets us have a map rotation running Co-op matches, but that can be left on it's own with user input done remoteley (unless it breaks).

Now I understand that FBD can't do this (please prove me wrong!), but we are looking for info on how we can set up a Co-Op server for the community, based in the UK.

Failing that, and we really don't want to fail, it looks like we may run a dynamic campaign server instead. Advice is also being taken on this, so we are asking for help here.

Cheers, Puma.

Atomic_Marten
05-17-2005, 01:35 PM
Uh. This sounds like the *very best* online idea so far.

I'm sincerely hoping that this would be realised.

Troll2k
05-17-2005, 03:26 PM
Since you can not run a coop on a dedicated server I doubt a script will help.

BBB_Hyperion
05-18-2005, 01:22 AM
I suggested such thing long time ago. A console command to use fly button, and another one listing planes that are not "OK" for kick users not rdy in time to use time scheduled cooping.

Technical the java part of the gui doesnt allow listing of procedures from outside so accesing internal names and procedures is not that easy .

So the only way around this would be constantly monitoring the picture for following things.

The software now scans like a ocr program for signature of green fly button in the picture therefore it is advised to use low scanning cycle maybe every 2 minutes or so.

1st find the green fly key on the screen in the picture.

2nd direct mouseinput to controlprogram and move mouse over fly button.

3rd press fly button every couple of minutes to until (works only when all ok).

4th scan for non ok players and kick them. This includes complex task of scrolling down which isnt that easy.

5th go to sleep mode until coop ends.

Problems with this workaround high cpu usage and maybe not that reliable.

Parts of it only work as idea yet even when i used such things in other projects if the combination works is likely but not 100 % garanteed.

So you are free to use the idea cause i dont have the time to try it out yet.

rnzoli
05-18-2005, 04:59 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB_Hyperion:
Technical the java part of the gui doesnt allow listing of procedures from outside so accesing internal names and procedures is not that easy .

So the only way around this would be constantly monitoring the picture for following things. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Interesting idea. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Do you talk about a dedicated server here, or a full-functionality host? (I presume the latter.)

Have you also considered de-compling the Java code you mention, to get a little bit more insight into the usable function calls?

Mysticpuma2003
05-18-2005, 05:40 AM
Keep the ideas coming guys...we may get there in the end..cheers.

Mysticpuma2003
05-19-2005, 09:43 AM
Guys I have no technical know-how on server or java scripts. Hyperion, what you posted sounds promising, any chance of expanding on it for us, thanks.

Grue_
05-19-2005, 10:52 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Since you can not run a coop on a dedicated server I doubt a script will help. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep.