PDA

View Full Version : I NEED HELP WITH INSTALL PLEASE!!!

alexbalk
06-07-2006, 01:43 PM
I bought new SHIII game. After the install I loaded it and saw it works fine. Then I entered Internet and downloaded last patch 1.4 EMEA DVD. But when I tryed to install it, first strange thing was, that although in the name of the file appears version 1.4b at the install window it's written 1.3, O.K. So be it... But after that the updater asked me to do some check. I allowed that and I got message: "The program cannot update the installed version of Silent Hunter III EMEA DVD v1.0 to v1.3 because of the following reason: C:\Games\SilentHunterIII\Data\Menu\en_help.txt: unknown version.

What does it mean!!!!! After a check in the file I understood that it's really written in some strange language, kinda of polish. But anyway what should I do in such a case?

Please help me... I must play SHIII...

alexbalk
06-07-2006, 01:43 PM
I bought new SHIII game. After the install I loaded it and saw it works fine. Then I entered Internet and downloaded last patch 1.4 EMEA DVD. But when I tryed to install it, first strange thing was, that although in the name of the file appears version 1.4b at the install window it's written 1.3, O.K. So be it... But after that the updater asked me to do some check. I allowed that and I got message: "The program cannot update the installed version of Silent Hunter III EMEA DVD v1.0 to v1.3 because of the following reason: C:\Games\SilentHunterIII\Data\Menu\en_help.txt: unknown version.

What does it mean!!!!! After a check in the file I understood that it's really written in some strange language, kinda of polish. But anyway what should I do in such a case?

Please help me... I must play SHIII...

lecek
06-07-2006, 02:54 PM
EMEA is for the european version of the game. If you have the US version get that instead.

I asume you have the game on DVD and not the downloaded version. If you have the download version you need the download version patch.

You can have unknown versions of some files if you have installed mods.

All three of the above can give you that error.

The patch saying it is 1.3 when it really is 1.4b is just an oversight. (I don't know why they didn't fix that.)

doug.d
06-08-2006, 12:11 AM
Your SH3 is installed and patched, you should be able to just play it now. That message you get if you try to rerun the patch.