PDA

View Full Version : Fiat Cr 42 Markings

csvousden
02-23-2006, 08:38 PM
I just reinstalled my game from nothing to version 4.04 and it works great, but I did notice that between version 3.00 and 4.04 I lost the default nationality markings on the Fiat Cr-42. Does anyone have a clue what might have changed. I was interested in this, thinking that an addon may have caused the problem, but I have no addons currently installed. I distinctly checked at version 3.00, that is the PF+AEP+FB with no patches. The Fiat had national markings, but they disappeared with the patches. I never checked again so I do not know which patch was the issue. I know this is minor, and I am more curious than anything, but I cannot believe this is unfixable as some have suggested. Any thoughts?

Charlie

csvousden
02-23-2006, 08:38 PM
I just reinstalled my game from nothing to version 4.04 and it works great, but I did notice that between version 3.00 and 4.04 I lost the default nationality markings on the Fiat Cr-42. Does anyone have a clue what might have changed. I was interested in this, thinking that an addon may have caused the problem, but I have no addons currently installed. I distinctly checked at version 3.00, that is the PF+AEP+FB with no patches. The Fiat had national markings, but they disappeared with the patches. I never checked again so I do not know which patch was the issue. I know this is minor, and I am more curious than anything, but I cannot believe this is unfixable as some have suggested. Any thoughts?

Charlie

pacettid
02-24-2006, 04:51 AM
I confirm they are missing...don't know exactly which release caused the problem, as I do not fly this bird much, but they are definitely not there.

Aces_High_2
02-24-2006, 05:21 AM
Hi chaps,

Th CR-42 and G-50 don't use in game markings , they only use markings on the skins themselves just like some Japanese and many USA aircraft as well as certain others like the RAF Tempest etc.

This is because of the way that newe MATs haven't been added for these aircraft. The new Maccis do have it right as they added a new MAT file to display under-wing "Fasci" and correct the non-mirroring of the Fasci on left and right wings but all other aircraft (except the Fiats) only use one MAT file (need a retro-fit to Maccis standards) as I mentioned in a recent e-mail to Oleg.

Basically they started to do this as a work-around some while back rather than correct the errors that exist such as the lack of under-wing Fasci on Italian aircraft and a new MAT file to correct the under-wing and fuselage roundels being shared error on RAF aircraft. The USSAF markings, Fleet air arm and pacific type roundels are a genuine exception as they cannot do such "elongated" markings.

Personally I'd love to see as many of these errors corrected and then I'd incorporate these changes into MAT Manager.

As Churchill said "Give us the tools and we'll finish the job" http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif.

Best regards

Aces

csvousden
02-24-2006, 05:48 AM
Thanks. Does anyone have a good skin or know where one is online to download that allows the national emblem to show and works with the default numbering? I would be grateful.

Charlie

Aces_High_2
02-24-2006, 06:01 AM
Hi mate,

AFAIK the game contains some skins which have the national emblem on them and work with the game's numbering.

Best Regards

Aces