PDA

View Full Version : LOMAC Videos

Viking-S
11-28-2004, 11:11 AM
?

PBNA-Boosher
11-28-2004, 11:24 AM
I don't trust LOMAC anymore. UBI abandoned the project and left it high and dry, so they didn't fix what was still broken and buggy in Lock On. I don't think I'll be buying another Eagle Dynamics product so soon in the future.

BUT: Yeah, the vids are awesome!

MEGILE
11-28-2004, 11:29 AM
LOMAC roxors my white linen soxors.

I will be buying this addon. be sure.

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Dammerung
11-28-2004, 12:23 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by PBNA-Boosher:
I don't trust LOMAC anymore. UBI abandoned the project and left it high and dry, so they didn't fix what was still broken and buggy in Lock On. I don't think I'll be buying another Eagle Dynamics product so soon in the future.

BUT: Yeah, the vids are awesome! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ubi has nothing to do with this, it's only being released in the East. You can download it off the ED site, and **** does that AFM look impressive. Su-25T has 52000 polys as well... Lomac has made incredible improvement since 1.0(Basically a beta), and now we get an incredible new Aircraft... So give it a shot, Ubi's out of the picture.

Brain32
11-28-2004, 12:30 PM
Yeah they look very promising but ED fooled me once, this time I'll wait to see how it's working on "normal"(buyable) machines. LockOn costed me much more than the game itself costed and after all that I was still quite unhappy with its performance.

Thr0tt
11-28-2004, 01:39 PM
Not one for me. Got the original and it played ok but too many problems. I thought the changes in the add-on are just for the single Russian plane so everything else will be the same apart from this one plane... not very tempting for me but i'm sure a few people will buy it.

Korolov
11-28-2004, 01:48 PM
If they fully implement the Ka-50, I am so for it.

Freycinet
11-28-2004, 01:56 PM
Ubi and ED made two patches that solved by far most of the issues with Lock-On. Ubi is now out of the picture, so it is just ED releasing an add-on. It will contain numerous fixes and other stuff apart from the new Su-25.

Korolov
11-28-2004, 02:22 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dammerung:
Ubi has nothing to do with this, it's only being released in the East. You can download it off the ED site, and **** does that AFM look impressive. Su-25T has 52000 polys as well... Lomac has made incredible improvement since 1.0(Basically a beta), and now we get an incredible new Aircraft... So give it a shot, Ubi's out of the picture. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You can download the addon? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

MEGILE
11-28-2004, 02:55 PM
Downloading will be the only way for Westerners to buy the addon.
1C is distributing it in Russia, but UBI are not supporting the game in Europe and the USA anymore.

Korolov
11-28-2004, 02:57 PM
Got to be a huge download to get. In the realm of what, 1 gig? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

TheGozr
11-28-2004, 03:05 PM
Link for the download? plz thx

Hunde_3.JG51
11-28-2004, 03:13 PM
I don't think expansion is available yet is it?

I admit I re-bought Lock-On about 3 weeks ago for $20.00 and gave it another shot. In short, I think it is awesome with the patch releases and the game runs better for me than FB/AEP/PF does.

The physics in the new expansion look incredible. I think there will be night missions, changes to terrain, seasonal weather, etc, at least if I read it correctly. Looks good even though it is just Su-25T and I'll likely get it.

Korolov
11-28-2004, 03:24 PM
The biggest improvement I liked from the vids was that it looks possible to do dirt landings rather than being forced to land on a hard surface. And the damage modeling.

TheGozr
11-28-2004, 03:28 PM
what extention are the movies i can't download it..?

TheGozr
11-28-2004, 03:34 PM
never mind got it http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif