PDA

View Full Version : OFF TOPIC:Advice needed on headset

BenvZijl
12-23-2004, 05:00 AM
okay guys what kind of headset do you think is good to take(advice please).
it's 100% used for online games so the sound of me talking must be good
the hearring sound doesn't have to be good(so only a microphone is enough)

polkku
12-23-2004, 05:08 AM
Just buy one between 15" and 20". I bought a light looking piece from creative, HS-300 if I remember right and it works great. I don't think it is the mick that is the expensive part in the headset so you don't have to invest a lot of money.

blairgowrie
12-23-2004, 06:27 AM
All kinds of threads on this topic these past few days. Just scroll down the last 3 days for recommendations.

Bearcat99
12-23-2004, 06:46 AM
Whatever you choose make sure it is a USB headset...unless you have two sound cards in your rig. The reason for that is that a USB headset will be seen as a seperate sound devive by windows ...and more importantly Ventrilo and/or Teamspeak. This way you can assign comms only to the headset anf keep the simsounds coming through your speakers. Late at night and dont want to wake anyone? Turn the volume down on your speakers and still get comms crystal clear and as loud as you need it threough the headset. Want to crank it up? No problem you still have comms through the headphones so when your teammate yells for help you dont have to worry about shaking the walls. IO got the Logitech one... the inexpensive one... works great for me.

Doc_Hollydayz
12-23-2004, 09:23 AM
Thanks for the advice Bearcat http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif I have often wondered about getting one but wasnt sure how it would affect my sound set up so didnt bother. Now I know I might have to get one! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

PBNA-Boosher
12-23-2004, 09:34 AM
I have the Plantronics headset. It works pretty well for me, even though I don't get sound in PF anymore. I think my Yamaha DS1 PCI graphics card is too old.