PDA

View Full Version : Will you touch AC3 if Ezio is Protaganist?

Dunklindonuts
02-26-2010, 07:09 PM
Personally, I won't...and I'm a die-hard AC fan as I think we all are.

Dunklindonuts
02-26-2010, 07:09 PM
Personally, I won't...and I'm a die-hard AC fan as I think we all are.

LaFawn
02-26-2010, 07:23 PM
Yes.

Dunklindonuts
02-26-2010, 08:57 PM
Going with Ezio again Would be a horrible idea not to mention that it would make the game way less interesting. I would lose a lot of respect for Ubisoft and the entire AC team. Honestly, I could be more creative than that!

kew414
02-26-2010, 10:19 PM
Personally, I think this thread is pointless... and I'm a die-hard AC fan as I think we all are.

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

godsmack_darius
02-26-2010, 10:52 PM
Id totally get it, I wouldnt lose any respect.

Jack-Reacher
02-26-2010, 11:06 PM
It would be a let down, but yeah i would get it because if they build on AC2s gameplay it can only get better

Dunklindonuts
02-27-2010, 09:19 AM
Well okay I'll admit that I'll probably buy it anyway, but I think one of the most interesting parts of AC is that it's the story of an entire family stretched throughout history and I would like to see what other people's deaths they were responsible for. If it's just Ezio again then it will still have awesome gameplay but the story will automatically be lacking in my opinion.

NuclearFuss
02-27-2010, 10:13 AM
The new game with Ezio isn't AC 3, it's more like AC 2.5. And I doubt it will have any Desmond moments. Basically, The 'Bloodlines' of AC2.

Dunklindonuts
02-27-2010, 10:25 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kew414:
Personally, I think this thread is pointless... and I'm a die-hard AC fan as I think we all are.

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE> Whoa. whoa, whoa! no need to mock me now, just having friendly discussion to see what other people think.

ThePheonix1030
02-27-2010, 10:43 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sackboy411:
The new game with Ezio isn't AC 3, it's more like AC 2.5. And I doubt it will have any Desmond moments. Basically, The 'Bloodlines' of AC2. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif

adarwinter
02-27-2010, 11:00 AM
the problem with having AC3 have Ezio again is not the character but the settings. what? italy again? even if it will be Rome, still - it wont look THAT much different and the entire game is likely to feel recycled and un-original compared to AC2.

Dunklindonuts
02-27-2010, 11:09 AM
Just the whole idea of it being essentially the same setting with the same character is awful and it would be a bad direction for ubi to go in. The AC team would be sacrificing the creative energy that they clearly have, just for profit, and I would be very disappointed.

Just_da_Jester
02-27-2010, 02:53 PM
me personally...I think Ezio is one of the most interesting and all around bad a*s characters ever made in a video game. I would have absolutely no problem with him being in AC3 and I am anxiously awaiting AC 2.5. However I do need a different setting...Rome was the city in Italy I was most looking forward to playing in and kinda got teased when it was only the last memory. I have a feeling we will be able to climb the finger of God and the coliseum in this next installment **crosses fingers**.

Let me ask you guys this:

would you have a problem with Ezio being in AC3 if it were in England or Egypt?

that being said I wouldnt have a problem with Ezio being in AC3, but I dont want him in AC3...make sense? But I seriously doubt Ezio will even be considered for the main character.

Dunklindonuts
02-27-2010, 03:55 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Just_da_Jester:
me personally...I think Ezio is one of the most interesting and all around bad a*s characters ever made in a video game. I would have absolutely no problem with him being in AC3 and I am anxiously awaiting AC 2.5. However I do need a different setting...Rome was the city in Italy I was most looking forward to playing in and kinda got teased when it was only the last memory. I have a feeling we will be able to climb the finger of God and the coliseum in this next installment **crosses fingers**.

Let me ask you guys this:

would you have a problem with Ezio being in AC3 if it were in England or Egypt?

that being said I wouldnt have a problem with Ezio being in AC3, but I dont want him in AC3...make sense? But I seriously doubt Ezio will even be considered for the main character. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> 1) I just wanna see what other Historical periods the Assassins played a part in, but to do that they have to leave Ezio behind totally for AC3.
2) There is NOT going to be an AC2.5. The series was always meant to be a trilogy, but if there is an expansion game for AC2, it will be a smaller release like Bloodlines or Altair's Chronicles

InfernalTyrant
02-27-2010, 06:23 PM
I would get it. I'd rather it be a different person, but I don't really care.

Matt_156
02-27-2010, 07:04 PM
i'd rather play as Ezio again than have to play as modern-day Desmond.

kew414
02-27-2010, 07:33 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dunklindonuts:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kew414:

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE> Whoa. whoa, whoa! no need to mock me now, just having friendly discussion to see what other people think. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I'm just teasing ya http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif
But really, there's no way in the world they're gonna go back to Ezio for AC3. They're silly enough to make stupid DRM, but I doubt they're crazy enough to try and continue with Ezio http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Dunklindonuts
02-27-2010, 09:56 PM
Man I hope you're right! I think going with Ezio again is the worst direction the series could possibly go in. It's just uncreative and it seems like a giant middle-finger to the customers.

Jack-Reacher
02-27-2010, 11:00 PM
If Ezio is the next character for AC Episodes it is doubtful that he will be in AC3

Just_da_Jester
02-27-2010, 11:43 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dunklindonuts:
</div></BLOCKQUOTE> 1) I just wanna see what other Historical periods the Assassins played a part in, but to do that they have to leave Ezio behind totally for AC3.
2) There is NOT going to be an AC2.5. The series was always meant to be a trilogy, but if there is an expansion game for AC2, it will be a smaller release like Bloodlines or Altair's Chronicles[/QUOTE]

1)I think every one wants this
2)there is going to be an AC2.5. At least from everything that I hear there is going to be. It may be DLC, but we are going to get to go to Rome and continue Ezio'e journey.

Bellezza
02-28-2010, 07:42 AM
Remember that AC2: Episodes isn't the same as AC3 (:

AC2's ending was very open and it seemed (to me) that we needed a LOT of answers. Hopefully AC2: Episodes will answer our questions, and prepare us for AC3 ? Also I feel kinda bad for Ezio, being left by Minerva with so many unanswered questions, so I hope that he'll be enlightened in AC2: Episodes.

I don't mind playing Ezio again. Of course meeting a new char would be exciting, but Ezio is pretty cool.

Dunklindonuts
02-28-2010, 11:17 AM
Seeing a new character is really the only good direction the series can go in. If Ubi goes with Ezio again they would totally destroy everything the series is about, a family of Assassins who affect history, not in one period, but in many.

funk1807
02-28-2010, 11:27 AM
I think that AC3 should be set in the "Apocalypto setting" of Mayans and Aztecs and show the catholic hand in the rape and enslavement of the tribal societies of the Maya and Aztecs; and gold to fund Prince Philips papal rape of Europe.

When Mel Gibosn left Apocalypto with the crosses and Mayans meeting Aztecs he left one giant huge "?" in the mix. I think this is where AC3 might go next. Showing the secret catholic order, and the ones in the light illuminating the new world. Who knows!

To be honest though who does know? I never saw the bits in AC2 heading where they did, and I love the new console and design.... still very directed though, not Wow'ish etc thankgod lol. But weapons and armour similar to the first one where when you visited "The Master" you got little upgrades, it still was very directed though.... even in AC2.

Ubi says they want to go where no-one has gone before....this hasn't really been visited at all!

Dunklindonuts
02-28-2010, 07:31 PM
I really don't care where or when it's set as long as it isnt the same as in either of the last 2 games. As long as it's somewhere and sometime interesting and new, it's fine with me.

HewieAlbino
03-01-2010, 12:35 AM
I would still play AC3, mainly because I'm curious as to how everything will end. But I'll probably lose a lot of respect for Ubisoft.

Dunklindonuts
03-01-2010, 08:03 PM
That's exactly what I'm saying. I would like to see where the story goes but with a different character in a different time period.

funk1807
03-01-2010, 08:18 PM
Ubi really need to harness the multiplayer buck more. There is definetly a way around the DRM stuff they just started, and most people on PC Pirated their game (Me not being one 10$ for AC1 on Steam lol) People will purchase a game (Starcraft, Warcraft, COD4MW2, etc.. ) if it has a semi decent multiplayer edge to it and I think they could do well to develop that more.

I agree with you guys though on the loss of respect if the titles ****ty, and playability crap. It feels like they should have had AC2 upto where AC1 to honor places like Bethlehem, Jerusalem, Damascus etc. But they also produce alot of quality games! Splinter Cell is supposed to be a new release, that should tythe me over for awhile. I've been a big fan of the Splinter Cell brand for awhile, and really like where its gone and the plot is always good and levels not repetetive.

Personally Id maybe like to see some multiplayer action go down; similar to Splinter Cell's first multiplayer release. Design a charecter and customize the playertype etc. for the longest time on Xbox Sam hunted alone and it kinda evokes the same feeling for me about AC2. It would however (due to graphics) probably be like Splinter Cell and be one player. Even then though it was wicked to see that game type take up the multiplayer online option.

What would you think to having the Assassins thing go MMORPG? Like where you build a city, and have a guild, members of the guild etc.. etc...? I'm not sure Id be too into it. Maybe more like be a charecter join an area, and take up arms! I might say its going to suck, but then again it could be a real success and be like the computer-cocaine WOW was for Blizzard.

Dunklindonuts
03-01-2010, 08:25 PM
MMORPG for AC2? Seriously? That would be a disastrous monstrosity of a train wreck.

Dunklindonuts
03-02-2010, 07:36 PM
Seriously the only way i would be totally satisfied with AC3 is if they went with another character and another time. Otherwise the entire historical premise of the game with the family of Assassin's murdering their way through time would come to mean nothing. Ubi Montreal needs to go out on a limb like they did when making AC2 and go to a different time period with a different protagonist.

rain89c
03-15-2010, 11:48 AM
AC3 should introduce a new protagonist with a new background & story, hopefully someone from East Asia this time.
If they stick with Ezio AGAIN, it would be boring as hell.
The AC series seeing as how they are going, should introduce a new memory subject every single new game. That would refresh the game with a new character, new environment, new (ancient) world while looking for the remaining temples and PoE.

imo, i think they should move the people who are working on this multiplayer game towards the AC3 dev team, increase the numbers of developers to speed up releases.

Syreniya
03-16-2010, 09:54 AM
As much as I love Ezio, I'd say it's highly unlikely he'll be the main protagonist of AC3, given that he's 40 years old by the end of AC2 (With both the DLC episodes). Seeing as it took him 23 years to complete his first round of vendettas, he'd be in his sixties before AC3 was done http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

My money is on Desmond, seeing as he can kick butt all on his own now... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/crackwhip.gif

An_Idea
03-16-2010, 07:12 PM
yes but i wont enjoy the story as much

funk1807
03-16-2010, 08:20 PM
Lucy if you look at her hands on AC1 or AC2 has a finger cut off. Interesting questions are raised by this.

1) Will Lucy be the next character?
2) Will she be able to play a male character?

And in relation to Asia....

3) How if they choose to goto Asia will they transition?
4) What era in China will they zoom into?

ONG BAK 2 trains as an assassin after his father is offed as well. Kind of interesting.

+ 1412 the book is also an interesting insight into China and the Monguls as well. When mongul china was handed over to Imperial China and Chinas capital went from being Tatu to Beijing.

http://www.1421.tv/

Woop!

funk1807
03-16-2010, 08:23 PM
http://assassinscreed.wikia.co...bendingherfinger.png (http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/File:Lucybendingherfinger.png)

I was actually wrong. She apparently is just bending her finger.