PDA

View Full Version : DX10 vs. DX9

Arioch888
12-02-2009, 04:12 AM
Maybe I missed this discussion but what exactly is the difference between DX10 and DX9 mode in this game? I haven't noticed anything visually different so far between the two and DX10 is running about 30% slower than DX9 in S3D for me. Also, the game pops into windowed mode with no way to restore to full screen without a restart if I am in DX10 mode and alt tab for whatever reason. DX10 has been out for a couple years now so I expect better than this to be honest.

Arioch888
12-02-2009, 04:12 AM
Maybe I missed this discussion but what exactly is the difference between DX10 and DX9 mode in this game? I haven't noticed anything visually different so far between the two and DX10 is running about 30% slower than DX9 in S3D for me. Also, the game pops into windowed mode with no way to restore to full screen without a restart if I am in DX10 mode and alt tab for whatever reason. DX10 has been out for a couple years now so I expect better than this to be honest.

ionic1
12-03-2009, 05:47 PM
I have the exact same question. Whats the difference between DX9 and DX10 mode in this game?

Thanks

Replicators
12-04-2009, 12:57 AM
Directx 10 is better to use, but there might not be much difference really. I haven't seen dx10 sunray's, or any effects dx10 offer's, it may just be textures though, idk.

If your game goes to window mode, just press alt+Enter to go back to fullscreen.

It's up to you to what you want to use though, obviously there must be a difference, but who knows, dx10 might be used to make the 3D look better as that is where you might see the difference. IDK though.

deathjesteruk
12-04-2009, 03:15 AM
I have noticed a big difference in the eyecandy that DX10 brings in the demo. There is a really big difference if you know what you are looking for. Shader quality for example. Also with DX10, if you have a DX10 card..it should perform better. I have a medium spec rig at the moment with a 9800GTX+ inside...and I could play at Max settings on DX10 with hardly any stutter or lag.

Havent seen the sunrays yet myself...but Im sure that they are in there somewhere. Also, bear in mind that just because something uses DX10 doesnt automatically mean its gonna be prettier. It allows them to do more stuff if they really want to...

tudeskinio
01-19-2010, 05:57 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by deathjesteruk:
I have noticed a big difference in the eyecandy that DX10 brings in the demo. There is a really big difference if you know what you are looking for. Shader quality for example. Also with DX10, if you have a DX10 card..it should perform better. I have a medium spec rig at the moment with a 9800GTX+ inside...and I could play at Max settings on DX10 with hardly any stutter or lag.

Havent seen the sunrays yet myself...but Im sure that they are in there somewhere. Also, bear in mind that just because something uses DX10 doesnt automatically mean its gonna be prettier. It allows them to do more stuff if they really want to... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>