PDA

View Full Version : trackIR and lcd monitors?

Flyby_99
08-26-2006, 08:50 AM
hey guys,
looking for a new monitor, and thinking of going with an lcd. What I'd like to hear, from those who know is this: how is life with trackIR and an lcd monitor? Especially when panning about looking for distant aircraft? I've read (somewhere) there is a blurring issue when panning about, and I interpreted this issue as being somewhat annoying. Can anyone (of you dogfighters) speak to this? I mainly fly online, and would not want to be at a disadvantage because of "blurring". Is it really an issue for trackIR and an lcd monitor?
thanks,
Flyby out

Flyby_99
08-26-2006, 08:50 AM
hey guys,
looking for a new monitor, and thinking of going with an lcd. What I'd like to hear, from those who know is this: how is life with trackIR and an lcd monitor? Especially when panning about looking for distant aircraft? I've read (somewhere) there is a blurring issue when panning about, and I interpreted this issue as being somewhat annoying. Can anyone (of you dogfighters) speak to this? I mainly fly online, and would not want to be at a disadvantage because of "blurring". Is it really an issue for trackIR and an lcd monitor?
thanks,
Flyby out

skissors
08-26-2006, 09:07 AM
You need to buy an LCD monitor with a good refresh rate. 8ms is what you will be looking for.

I have track ir 4 and a 8ms lcd monitor no blurring at all.

I'd say the blurring likely occurs on the 16ms refresh rates.

Flyby_99
08-26-2006, 11:02 AM
thanks for the reply, skissors. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

AFJ_rsm
08-26-2006, 11:24 AM
i have a phillips 170b2

it has a latency of about 42ms, it's an old lcd monitor, and even then ghosting is not much. Just keep your fps within your refresh rate (60hz in my case) and you'll be fine!

So look for a low latency, and HIGH refresh rate!

VMF-Blaze_UG
08-26-2006, 09:17 PM
I have a Samsung LN-S2651 TFT 32" with a TIR 4... the monitor is 4000:1 contrast rateing which is a good rateing ....

This set up along with my Cougar NXT and Simped rudder pedals gives me a very exciteing and imersive simulation experience....

Everything is clear on the monitor, there isn't any blurring what so ever.. I had a Philips before and it wasn't quite as good..

Also Samsung and 2 companys in China are the Only ones that manufacture TFT's for the Whole industry and that includes Philips, Sony, Dell, ect...

But don't just take my word for it, Go to a dealer and compare them side by side thats the bestway...

~S~

Blaze

p-11.cAce
08-26-2006, 09:35 PM
I'm running a TIR4 on a Ilo 28" LCD and have no problems with ghosting or blurring.