PDA

View Full Version : Bring them back.

WUAF_Co_Mantis
09-25-2004, 02:26 AM
I'd like to see somethings from origional IL-2 brought back into PF, they are...

1) Maps that don't just stop when you get to the edge.

2) Random failiers, e.g. engine fails to start, get a flat tyre on landing, hydrolics break and you have to manually pump wheels down (although they shouldn't fail all the time)

Those are 2 off the top of my head, feel free to post more.

Also things i'd like to see new to PF.

1) More Japanese planes.

2) The RNZAF (Royal New Zealand Air Force) and the RAAF (Royal Australian Air Force) emblims, both these countries fought in the pacific and europe at the same time, which was a big job considering how small their population was.

3) rough seas, i'd like to see boats roll in the waves when its rough, not jsut stay perfectally still in the middle of a thunder storm like now.

4) The ability to put a group of boats on the map and then select them and set them all as one unit, so they stay in formation and use only 1 set of way points. (And allow the formations to be able to be set by the users, e.g. manual place ment, or select pre made ones)

WUAF_Co_Mantis
09-25-2004, 02:26 AM
I'd like to see somethings from origional IL-2 brought back into PF, they are...

1) Maps that don't just stop when you get to the edge.

2) Random failiers, e.g. engine fails to start, get a flat tyre on landing, hydrolics break and you have to manually pump wheels down (although they shouldn't fail all the time)

Those are 2 off the top of my head, feel free to post more.

Also things i'd like to see new to PF.

1) More Japanese planes.

2) The RNZAF (Royal New Zealand Air Force) and the RAAF (Royal Australian Air Force) emblims, both these countries fought in the pacific and europe at the same time, which was a big job considering how small their population was.

3) rough seas, i'd like to see boats roll in the waves when its rough, not jsut stay perfectally still in the middle of a thunder storm like now.

4) The ability to put a group of boats on the map and then select them and set them all as one unit, so they stay in formation and use only 1 set of way points. (And allow the formations to be able to be set by the users, e.g. manual place ment, or select pre made ones)

Resident_Jock
09-25-2004, 03:39 AM
For the first 2 items, not sure what you mean since they were in FB and AEP. It would stand to reason they would be in PF!

For the other items...
1)I'm sure we will get very many Japanese planes.
2)Think I've seen some RAAF birds in screenshots but correct me if I'm wrong.
3)Look at the check-six vids more often http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif
4)Would be nice!

Maple_Tiger
09-25-2004, 06:41 AM
I totaly agree.

I realy like number 4)

Should be very possible. I have C+C Generals and you can do something very much like you just said.

You could press the left mouse butten and this would cuase it to creat a box. Deppending on how much you move the mouse, the size of the box would change. Once you have the ground objects inside the box, let go of the left mouse button. Now you have objects that are selected.

WUAF_Co_Mantis
09-26-2004, 02:55 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Resident_Jock:
For the first 2 items, not sure what you mean since they were in FB and AEP. It would stand to reason they would be in PF! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

for...
1) nope, in IL-2 the maps just kept going, on FB if we go passed the edge of teh map its blank terrain

2) I've never had a random failer in FB or AEP, and i'd heard that thats because they were removed?

Maj_Death
09-26-2004, 01:57 PM
Random engine failures were removed because it was actually just a bug related to overcooling.

We won't get very many japaneese planes, which really doesn't make much sense since this is a pacific theatre flight sim.

Tully__
09-27-2004, 12:02 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by WUAF_Co_Mantis:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Resident_Jock:
For the first 2 items, not sure what you mean since they were in FB and AEP. It would stand to reason they would be in PF! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

for...
1) nope, in IL-2 the maps just kept going, on FB if we go passed the edge of teh map its blank terrain
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Double nope. IL2 Sturmovik maps turn to blank terrain just like FB/AEP maps do when you go off the edge. I just checked to make sure.

Maple_Tiger
09-27-2004, 04:51 AM
Maple looks at Mantis and says,

"you have been running CF3 haven't you?"

WUAF_Co_Mantis
09-27-2004, 05:43 AM
Nope, havn't had a single CFS series lol.

Really tully? i was sure they kept going, or atleast kept going for longer than FB's one??

Tully__
09-27-2004, 06:48 AM
Really!! Sharp demarcation line just like FB.