PDA

View Full Version : HighGore

drcbbones
12-07-2004, 06:12 PM
I got zero hits on a search for "HighGore". This is listed in the config file of both Il-2 FB and PFs and I was wondering what this does.

Will changing the number make a difference?

SkyChimp
12-07-2004, 07:07 PM
Yes. You'll get blood on the inside of canopies. Can't remember, though, what you have to set it to.

x__CRASH__x
12-07-2004, 07:19 PM
HighGore=1 It only works on certain aircraft. Not sure which ones. But I never see it, and I've had it selected for as long as I can remember.

I added AlGore=1 and I occasionally see the former vice president flying an Ki-84-1c. Not surprising since he was never up to a challenge anyway.

AlmightyTallest
12-07-2004, 09:34 PM
LOL, I swear CRASH, you need a travelling drum and cymbal section for your one liners http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

*Buddump Bump* *Cymbal Crash*

x__CRASH__x
12-07-2004, 10:24 PM
http://clerccenter.gallaudet.edu/AcademicTeams/Team1-2/1995-96/charweb/bow04.jpg

unseen84
12-07-2004, 10:32 PM
I've also had highgore=1 on forever & haven't ever seen blood anywhere. The only effect I've seen it have is to make the pilots' bodies slump over in the cockpit. But I've only seen that work on the He-111 and Hawk 75. I've heard that it also works on one of the 109s, but I haven't seen that myself.

VVS-Manuc
12-08-2004, 01:56 AM
In IL-2 and FB it worked in the Bf 109 F-4 and the russian MBR-2, too. But I don't know if this effect still is in the AEP/PF versions. I don't understand why people have this "high gore hype".

CrazySchmidt
12-08-2004, 02:43 AM
This was very visible with the original HE-111 model in IL-2. When it was remodelled the blood inside the cockpit disappeared. A real shame, it was a nice effect.

Cheers, CrazySchmidt. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

x__CRASH__x
12-08-2004, 02:49 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by VVS-Manuc:
... I don't understand why people have this "high gore hype". <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Realism I suppose. I mean, if you take a bullet your vision turns a varying shade of red and you lose a portion of the ability to fly your aircraft, right? Well, couldn't that bullet cause damage to the tissue that would cause a splatter of blood in the cockpit? Hell yes! So why not see it?

Ok, sure, you can't see the pilot in the CP anyway, but still it would be a neat little addition.

If it's not modeled... oh well. I'm not going to martyr myself over the subject. But I am curious how it is supposed to work, and on what aircraft.

drcbbones
12-08-2004, 05:18 AM
Hope that this is a modeling problem and not a "politically correct" decision. Politically correct decisions HAVE BEEN MADE in the past. I am sure there would have been no problem in having the correct markings on the planes (i.e., swastikas on the tails) when the overall paint jobs are terrific. That omission had to be motivated so as not to "upset" people in a game where the object is to kill people (that's not upsetting )? I can't go with the anti-Semitism argument because the Germans killed EVERYBODY that got in their way, esp the Russians. The swastika was simply a marking on German equipment. Everyone the Germans killed in bombing raids were killed by planes dropping bombs hat had iron crosses on them but that seems to be OK.

I am sure that there probably would be some parents that would object to a realistic modeling of WW II so that it approaches Grand Theft Auto in the carnage displayed. Just look at the stations that recently refused to show the uncut version of "Saving Private Ryan" on ABC.

I wonder if blood splatters would elevate the rating of the game above TEEN VIOLENCE. If you have noticed on replays when a pilot gets shot down over a group of enemy ships they will begin shooting flack at them. Often they are hit and will go limp or develop a streaming chute. So you get to see them get shot and die but no blood. That would be a cool effect and probably easy to do. I love watching my replays because when you are flying you have to concentrate on the cockpit view but on the replay you can see so much more about the actual battle. Does anyone know effects that would be seen in the game but not on the replay?

Bottom-line is the sims from Oleg are the best combat sims on the planet and the support has been great. Blood is not a big issue to me but it would be interesting to have Oleg explain why it is not in the game anymore.

JoaoMuas
12-15-2004, 07:34 PM
IL-2 Sturmovik v1.20, Bf-109F-4, HighGore=1.
http://oksquad.free.fr/OK_files/highgore.jpg
If you set HighGore=0, you still see the dead pilot lean forward over the cockpit controls, but no blood though.
I kinda miss it...

CdtWeasel
01-01-2005, 09:22 AM
Seems few planes now have slumped pilots after pk's, I dont like that at all. If i see a pilot slumped over I know I can stop shooting, but without it more ammo is wasted.

Oh and drcbbones, the swastikas were removed so the game could sell in germany and other places where they are banned. The russian version has them on the aircraft I believe.

jdlnorcal
01-01-2005, 09:20 PM
Could someone tell me just where this setting is to be found? I haven't seen it anywhere in options, and btw as an old asskicker from the JDL, I have no time for any PC morons who want to destroy history just to make them feel better
I know this is a matter of law in places like Germany, but here in the USA I hope we still are free enough to handle true depictions of history swaztika's and all.
Elie Cramer, Israeli Ace

Troll2k
01-01-2005, 11:21 PM
I think it was done to get a lower rating so they could sell to a bigger market.

Atomic_Marten
01-02-2005, 08:12 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by drcbbones:
Does anyone know effects that would be seen in the game but not on the replay? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well you can not see when you swith to external view, head movement of your pilot.

Also, you can not see the remaining ammo in German planes. In past versions of the game, I could not even see my tracers, when I edit my .trk into .nrtk. I hope that's fixed, I'm not checked that, tho.

Atomic_Marten
01-02-2005, 08:16 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Troll2k:
I think it was done to get a lower rating so they could sell to a bigger market. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes I agree but that is somewhat obscure. Doom 3 or Half-Life 2 are all games with extreme violence, yet they sell like mad..

BTW of all 'effects' in FPSs, I have loved the UT 'yellow cannon' with shells. When you close to your victim, and fire that in it's head, upper torso becomes just like tomato juice with pieces of.. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/1072.gif

HelSqnProtos
01-03-2005, 02:04 AM
Would love to see this back in the game. Solid effect and definetly adds the realism.

jamesdietz
01-03-2005, 09:35 AM
I've never seen High gore either...& I've had it set forever to " High Gore" ...Recently changed to "Open GL" Graphic settings ,I wonder if this will make any difference...???

tolwyn.com
01-03-2005, 10:57 AM
AWARD FOR FUNNIEST REPLY EVER.....

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by x__CRASH__x:
HighGore=1 It only works on certain aircraft. Not sure which ones. But I never see it, and I've had it selected for as long as I can remember.

I added AlGore=1 and I occasionally see the former vice president flying an Ki-84-1c. Not surprising since he was never up to a challenge anyway. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>