PDA

View Full Version : Issues about the game you could change.

MWolfe1963
08-02-2011, 08:46 AM
The last several months I've been trying or should I say struggling to mod, getting better and hopefully will soon release my first, nothing major, just compiled as many AI ships made by others and placed them in traffic and reworking traffic.

One thing I hate and trying to figure is this and it may differ with mods from stock. I can't remember stock behavior, so maybe a few can clue me in. With TMO/RSRD an enemy group detects you, the group usually does two things, goes into a small zig pattern and slows down. The slowing down makes the group easy prey. We know historically groups usually took off at fastest speed to leave the sub behind. Also the auto zig legs are too short, so short that you can stay on the same track. I think the zig legs need to be enough that your left more out in left field or you have to take time to figure the pattern. Morton was great at putting his sub in position so that he could use bow or sterns depending on the zig. The zig is so short in game, it doesn't effect your approach.

One thing that really bothers me is that TFs slow down, how silly. A unrealistic tactic many use, including myself, if a TF is going too fast, simply let it "know your there" by one of many methods. It will then slow and you can then do a end around.

MWolfe1963
08-02-2011, 08:46 AM
The last several months I've been trying or should I say struggling to mod, getting better and hopefully will soon release my first, nothing major, just compiled as many AI ships made by others and placed them in traffic and reworking traffic.

One thing I hate and trying to figure is this and it may differ with mods from stock. I can't remember stock behavior, so maybe a few can clue me in. With TMO/RSRD an enemy group detects you, the group usually does two things, goes into a small zig pattern and slows down. The slowing down makes the group easy prey. We know historically groups usually took off at fastest speed to leave the sub behind. Also the auto zig legs are too short, so short that you can stay on the same track. I think the zig legs need to be enough that your left more out in left field or you have to take time to figure the pattern. Morton was great at putting his sub in position so that he could use bow or sterns depending on the zig. The zig is so short in game, it doesn't effect your approach.

One thing that really bothers me is that TFs slow down, how silly. A unrealistic tactic many use, including myself, if a TF is going too fast, simply let it "know your there" by one of many methods. It will then slow and you can then do a end around.

WernherVonTrapp
08-02-2011, 09:33 AM
I would like to see downed U.S. pilots use the historically accurate florescent green dye markers, instead of the hideous pink ones they currently use.

cgkstealth
08-02-2011, 10:56 AM
To build off of Wernher, I'd like to see more "pick-up ready" American pilots (i.e. more pilots you can pick up). Sometimes I will see a Jap DD nail a few planes only to have them fall into the ocean in a flaming hunk of metal -- no parachuting pilot.
I realize that pilots couldn't parachute out of their aircraft in every situation, but I'd still like to be able to pluck more of them up.

On a non-historical, non-game changing note I'd like to see some way to lock the position of the clock and info box so that one didn't have to re-position them after exiting the game.
It's pretty silly, but after a while it gets old having to move them every time.