PDA

View Full Version : A few problems with Forgotten Battles

Munfis
01-18-2005, 06:57 AM
Um, I am a regular pilot of the origional Il-2, and today I went down and bought forgotten battles. I uninstalled IL2 and installed forgotten battles over it, then proceeded to download the 1.21 patch and install it before running it. After the battle to get it working on my average machine, at a decent framerate, i sat back to start a dynamic campaign. Problem. I can't possably get any plane off the ground. I can fly them in quick battle, but if i actually try to take off from the ground, the plane spins and snaps sideways frantically. I really want to play, so if anybody knows how to fix this, please do tell!

Munfis
01-18-2005, 06:57 AM
Um, I am a regular pilot of the origional Il-2, and today I went down and bought forgotten battles. I uninstalled IL2 and installed forgotten battles over it, then proceeded to download the 1.21 patch and install it before running it. After the battle to get it working on my average machine, at a decent framerate, i sat back to start a dynamic campaign. Problem. I can't possably get any plane off the ground. I can fly them in quick battle, but if i actually try to take off from the ground, the plane spins and snaps sideways frantically. I really want to play, so if anybody knows how to fix this, please do tell!

Chuck_Older
01-18-2005, 07:20 AM
Can you detail the issue more exactly?

Do you get off the ground at all, or does the plane flip over while taxiing?

I had some difficulty with FB at first, taking off.

To tell the truth, I had many issues with FB as far as aircraft control went, until I got a new joystick

I bought an X-45 HOTAS and suddenly I could fly, so maybe you need to look at hardware, first? Maybe even a simple calibration? Just a thought, it's hard to tell what the issue is from your description

Tully__
01-18-2005, 11:47 AM
Check that your joystick axes are correctly assigned... it sounds like you've got your rudder hard over to one side which can happen if you accidentally have rudder assigned to a toe brake or slider axis.