PDA

View Full Version : devs please dont forget about dust puffs

XyZspineZyX
07-06-2003, 01:32 AM
i know ive gone a lil overboard about the dust puff thing but i really feel they effect the game

please make a simple slider bar in options to control the bullet effect detail.

or atleast tell me a way that it can be changed via config file or console

XyZspineZyX
07-06-2003, 01:32 AM
i know ive gone a lil overboard about the dust puff thing but i really feel they effect the game

please make a simple slider bar in options to control the bullet effect detail.

or atleast tell me a way that it can be changed via config file or console

XyZspineZyX
07-06-2003, 02:00 AM
Umm... do you mean the dust that shoots out of the bullet holes? If so, I still have that. Maybe its just something in your settings /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

XyZspineZyX
07-06-2003, 02:50 AM
umm... no it's not. There is a setting for decals, not decal FX. For me, sometimes they are there, sometimes they are not. sometimes they appear in the middle of a mission.

XyZspineZyX
07-06-2003, 03:27 AM
they are there sometimes ,but not always and when they're there it's one dust puff for every 5 shots or so on full auto.

real weak ,even battlefield 1942 has dust puffs for every shot and that game has huge levels with tanks jeeps and planes

devs please put them back in 1.31 or 1.4
the answer to the fps problem isnt taking out the puffs

XyZspineZyX
07-06-2003, 05:10 AM
umm... no it's not. There is a setting for decals, not decal FX. For me, sometimes they are there, sometimes they are not.

E x a c t l y

i'm so relieved too see that i'm not the only one w/this problem

its so hella fricken annoying..becuase it looks so kewl and i love shooting at stuff to see that great effect... it also helps greatly in killin people becuase if thers a wall behind them it shows where your shots are going.. i mean how can i tell that i'm missing if i can't tell where im hitting?

the sprit.. or wahtever u call it effect comes and goes just like he says.. i lost them for good about a week ago and reinstalled...i got them back for about 30 mins now they come and go..seems lately they are there for the first map but then don't showup

this is definately another glitch

its got nothing to do w/settings either.. ITS A GLITCH

Message Edited on 07/06/0304:12AM by Wedgewenis

XyZspineZyX
07-06-2003, 09:44 PM
Have you noticed that zooming in w/ your scope sometimes "turns them on"? Wierd....I wish Volkan would acknowledge that this is an issue.

XyZspineZyX
07-07-2003, 11:38 AM
Bump. Sliders or dropdown boxes to tweak this setting would be the best solution.

I like playing LAN missions with my friends, and so I care more for detail than for fps and such.

XyZspineZyX
07-07-2003, 12:42 PM
yep annoying...luv the blood clouds...shame they've been bugged...pls fix em.

XyZspineZyX
07-07-2003, 03:46 PM
Roamcel wrote:

- I like playing LAN missions with my friends, and so
- I care more for detail than for fps and such.

Thing is, they were supposedly taken out to improve FPS....but that didn't do a thing.

XyZspineZyX
07-07-2003, 07:51 PM
Well Dammit...I read this whole thread and went to get the mod and it's gone....ARGH...sounded like fun....link me?

XyZspineZyX
07-10-2003, 02:12 PM
Love it.

I understand all whats been tweaked. Just playing it now, it just feels different. Much better. Im taking more care of whos around the corner as I know they will come running to check me out, rather than standing on the spot doing nothing.

Emproves the game no end.