PDA

View Full Version : Seen this video?

CriminalOrigins
06-16-2007, 03:58 PM
I'm sure this video has been posted...but I couldn't find it while searching.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Js6BEF0WwMo&mode=related&search=

Some of the stuff the guy showing off the game says is pretty funny. Just to name a few:
"The tourists? They're just kinda panicking."

"Sam has this ability that he can just...go by and go un-noticed...He's like this guy with this hoodie that just...you know...doesn't get noticed that much."

"He took the thing and he dropped it...and everyone was like 'what's going on?'"

"The next step is to go un-noticed in this little area"

"Its a bit like a Frogger gameplay"

"I'm basically stealthy...I'm hidden from people baiscally"

"And the guards can just go over there and see what's going on"

"The idea is to have a certain mission"

It's funny at the end when Sam ends up on top of the counter and the guy is like "Where am I?" Then the guards start running into the counter.

Classic.

Aren't you excited that people like this guy are making the next Splinter Cell?

CriminalOrigins
06-16-2007, 03:58 PM

Some of the stuff the guy showing off the game says is pretty funny. Just to name a few:

"Sam has this ability that he can just...go by and go un-noticed...He's like this guy with this hoodie that just...you know...doesn't get noticed that much."

"He took the thing and he dropped it...and everyone was like 'what's going on?'"

It's funny at the end when Sam ends up on top of the counter and the guy is like "Where am I?" Then the guards start running into the counter.

Classic.

Aren't you excited that people like this guy are making the next Splinter Cell?

MKCC14
06-16-2007, 04:30 PM
Yeah, its old.

Stealth_chill
06-16-2007, 04:35 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by CriminalOrigins:

Classic.

Aren't you excited that people like this guy are making the next Splinter Cell? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

lol he was playing the game and the guards are running into the counter

guy- (thinking) **** ****! what do i do! they told me it wouldnt glitch like this because this is the final build! i know what to do! "umm as you can see this is an early build ha ha ha!" http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

stavros_27
06-16-2007, 05:44 PM
That's funny..when I saw the video before I was laughing at the same stuff. They way they describe the moments while playing - it just sounds lame the way they explain it.

saberXmyco
06-16-2007, 07:36 PM
how's this three button system gonna work?

I like it, but how do you "stealthily" pick up an object?

we'll just have to wait and see i guess.

Anyone else like or dislike?

Chinese_Bookey
06-16-2007, 07:58 PM
The whole crowd system looks so effing dumb. I don't wanna "hide" next to some dweebs on the street. And if a cop begins following you, why can't you just run the hell away from him and hide in a bush or something? It's more rational than throwing him around like a bag of ****. That's so stupid that it's not even remotely funny. Sam throwing those guards around gives "ragdoll physics" a whole new (and literal) meaning, too! I'm glad that's an early build. However, I have a feeling it'll all end up just as dumb as it looks now. After all, it happened with DA. That ******* child had "gnarly" written all over it from the beginning. This one has something way worse written all over it. We'll see.

FARLEYFAN
06-16-2007, 08:00 PM
Wow, this is the first video that I have seen for conviction just because I haven't cared about it. And now that I see it, I think it looks like $hit. I know graphics aren't that important, but they are obviously not that great. The gameplay looks terrible as well. What has Splinter cell become. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

psyichic
06-16-2007, 08:31 PM
A game for the masses! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Don't tell me DA didn't drop that little plot hint?

simulacra
06-20-2007, 01:29 PM
*sigh* you can still DECIDE if you want to ram a guards head into a wall, the guards wont magically follow you for the rest of the game just because you got noticed.
It's still splinter cell, no matter what the naysayers believe...

element54
06-20-2007, 03:57 PM
Yah, remember these videos too?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=dzivrdEFhuY

What a joke.

TimvanderS
06-20-2007, 06:15 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by element54:
Yah, remember these videos too?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=dzivrdEFhuY

What a joke. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ah yes! I can remember it.

I also posted @ from ConViction team that it's kinda a dejavu from DA. Devs say: we gonna change it, it will be cool, everything for you guys. Community: Well ok we'll see. We wait and we are very dissapointed with it. Just check out how many people online @ SCDA. You don't even needed to learn how to count to know how many people are playing it.

And know all over again with Conviction. Devs: It's gonna be cool, it's new consoles, we can do much more, so gameplay must "evolve".
Yeah sure, because a console get's "stronger" we reward someone who pulled guards to pick up objects, throw them at guards easily and do other "cool" moves to finish them.

element54
06-21-2007, 11:55 AM
Yah i know.

Instead of getting some strangers off the street or actors i'm betting to pretend like they are reviewing the game and telling us how "cool" and refreshing it is why don't they go out and ask some of the vets or even a professional gamer like that Fatal1ty guy to review and test the game for a couple weeks? What would someone who enjoys playing games and engrosses their life in a game think about it not just a couple guys who got sick of playing it a few months ago because they were getting pwnt?

Chinese_Bookey
06-21-2007, 12:47 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by simulacra:
*sigh* you can still DECIDE if you want to ram a guards head into a wall, the guards wont magically follow you for the rest of the game just because you got noticed.
It's still splinter cell, no matter what the naysayers believe... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Until they release footage where the person playing the game is actually being stealthy and not trying to cause a ruckus by flipping over tables, throwing cops on walls, and blowing up propane tanks, I'm not convinced this game will be "splinter cell, no matter what the naysayers believe..."

Yuck.