PDA

View Full Version : General Campaign questions

Wedge598
04-30-2007, 06:40 AM
I tried starting my first Campaign last night and had a few issues that were bugging me.

First, I followed the waypoints all the way to the target and then decided on my attack run that I wanted to enter from a different angle. While flying off the waypoint course I came under fire in my B25 so I jumped to a gunner seat and suddenly the stupid autopilot started swinging me back the other direction.

I think I finally countered the problem by turning on the level stabilizer before switching to the gunner seat but was wondering if there is another better way to disable the autopilot.

Second, While using my alternate route I went past the next waypoint but did not get close enough for it to be cleared so when I went to follow the course home the autopilot automatically turned me around to hit that waypoint I missed and set me back over the AAA. Is there some way to skip to the next waypoint? I found a way to tell my wingman to do that but how can I get my own autopilot to do it?

Third, When using the bomb site I find that I can't see the airports and ground targets from a long way off. I've got all my detail settings at extreme but still wish some of it was drawn further out so I had more time to line up for the run. As it was I need to get pretty close to see my target and then I had to be real quick to make a course adjustment and release.

Fourth, when you started the auto bomb release in the B25 and you notice that it's not tracking the target correctly, how can you about the procedure to reset your speed and or altitude settings. Is is simply a matter of toggling the bomb site off first? Of can I make adjustments as tracks?

Thanks for the help.

Wedge598
04-30-2007, 06:40 AM
I tried starting my first Campaign last night and had a few issues that were bugging me.

First, I followed the waypoints all the way to the target and then decided on my attack run that I wanted to enter from a different angle. While flying off the waypoint course I came under fire in my B25 so I jumped to a gunner seat and suddenly the stupid autopilot started swinging me back the other direction.

I think I finally countered the problem by turning on the level stabilizer before switching to the gunner seat but was wondering if there is another better way to disable the autopilot.

Second, While using my alternate route I went past the next waypoint but did not get close enough for it to be cleared so when I went to follow the course home the autopilot automatically turned me around to hit that waypoint I missed and set me back over the AAA. Is there some way to skip to the next waypoint? I found a way to tell my wingman to do that but how can I get my own autopilot to do it?

Third, When using the bomb site I find that I can't see the airports and ground targets from a long way off. I've got all my detail settings at extreme but still wish some of it was drawn further out so I had more time to line up for the run. As it was I need to get pretty close to see my target and then I had to be real quick to make a course adjustment and release.

Fourth, when you started the auto bomb release in the B25 and you notice that it's not tracking the target correctly, how can you about the procedure to reset your speed and or altitude settings. Is is simply a matter of toggling the bomb site off first? Of can I make adjustments as tracks?

Thanks for the help.

Crash_Moses
04-30-2007, 07:53 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Wedge598:

I think I finally countered the problem by turning on the level stabilizer before switching to the gunner seat but was wondering if there is another better way to disable the autopilot. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes. It's called "TOGGLE LEVEL AUTOPILOT" in your command assignment screen. When turned on it will automatically enable and disable the autopilot or gunner AI as you jump from position to position (a great pain in the rear for us bomber pilots as you've discovered.

If you turn it off then you have to manually turn the autopilot on or off as you jump from position to position. If you jump to a gunner position then you have to press the autopilot key (A is default) to gain control of the gun and then press A again to give control back to the AI before you leave.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Second, While using my alternate route I went past the next waypoint but did not get close enough for it to be cleared so when I went to follow the course home the autopilot automatically turned me around to hit that waypoint I missed and set me back over the AAA. Is there some way to skip to the next waypoint? I found a way to tell my wingman to do that but how can I get my own autopilot to do it? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not sure about this one. I've found that if I'm in the lead and I tell my group to go to the next way point I've seen the line on the mini-map jump to the next waypoint but I've never checked to see if the autopilot did the same.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Third, When using the bomb site I find that I can't see the airports and ground targets from a long way off. I've got all my detail settings at extreme but still wish some of it was drawn further out so I had more time to line up for the run. As it was I need to get pretty close to see my target and then I had to be real quick to make a course adjustment and release. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I like to start my bomb run as far out as I can so I have plenty of time to line up. And the higher you are the closer you'll be to the target before you see it. Just study the map and learn to know when you need to stay in the bombadier position.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Fourth, when you started the auto bomb release in the B25 and you notice that it's not tracking the target correctly, how can you about the procedure to reset your speed and or altitude settings. Is is simply a matter of toggling the bomb site off first? Of can I make adjustments as tracks?

Thanks for the help. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You can make adjustments to the altitude and speed settings on the fly. You don't need to disengage the bombsight in order to make changes. For a better description of this click the link in my sig. For a wonderful tutorial check out the recent video by Joe-90. Here's a link to the thread:http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/23110283/m/1101043355

S!

Wedge598
04-30-2007, 09:08 AM
Thanks Crash, that guide is very nice. I'll put it to the test later on.

Scharnhorst1943
04-30-2007, 01:48 PM
1. There are three auto pilot keys in the controls menu. Make sure you have keys defined for each. I can't remember the names right now, but one is the autopilot on/off, one lets you comand more than one position at once, the third one levels the wings.

I will post back later with more details ...