PDA

View Full Version : IL2 46 Spotted in Wal-Mart

gbollin
03-16-2007, 09:01 PM
I went the local Wal-Mart in Chipewa Pa.
and they had IL2 46 on display. I asked the
price and it listed for 29.92. I went to check
out and the cashier said it was not released for sale yet. Costumer Service said check back later.It might ready after midnight.
I will call in the morning when I
wake up to see if I can buy It.
It is avialable on thier web site also.

gbollin
03-16-2007, 09:01 PM
I went the local Wal-Mart in Chipewa Pa.
and they had IL2 46 on display. I asked the
price and it listed for 29.92. I went to check
out and the cashier said it was not released for sale yet. Costumer Service said check back later.It might ready after midnight.
I will call in the morning when I
wake up to see if I can buy It.
It is avialable on thier web site also.

-HH-Quazi
03-17-2007, 01:17 AM
Chippewa eh? Small world. I have been in that Wal-Mart many times myself. My daughter lives about three miles from it. We visit her up there a couple times a year. Trip!

I checked one of the Wal-Marts here in Nashville and they said they hadn't heard anything about it. I wish you luck.

Btw, did you see how much cheaper Gogamer is selling theirs now that it is being released in the US. I feel this community has been financially raped.

knightflyte
03-17-2007, 02:29 AM
You have to realize tha GoGamer had to import those copies so they could sell them to us. The dollar fluxuated too....(though I'm not sure how much of a bearing that had to do with the price). Now I believe the supplies are coming from different warehouses and importing isn't an issue.

Does someone who wants a brand new 2007 Ford Mustang GT500 complain because he has to pay more for the availability and privelege of having it before most others? Same principle. No one forced anyone to buy IL-2 '46.

I was lucky and placed an order within an hour of Jason posting IL-2 '46s availability so I got it at the original rate. I would have spent the $49.00 if I had to.

I don't blame you for being mad about the cost/availability but if you really feel raped then I believe your anger should be directed at UBI not GoGamer. There was no positive assurance that IL-2 '46 was going to be released until recently. Until then it was yeah, but we don't know specifically when. Springtime? We'll see. That's poor form by UBI.

-HH-Quazi
03-17-2007, 04:54 AM
So what you are saying is that it cost them $20 USD extra to import it from Ubi? Maybe, maybe not. Regardless I never said anything about being mad, just raped. HEHE Who can be mad at being raped by a beautiful sim like this, http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif.

muzzlehead
03-17-2007, 08:10 AM
Well I was just at Walmart (10 am March 17th) and the game was on the shelf but they would not sell it. They told me they were pulling all copies of the game.

Get this... 'Due to Nazi content'

I asked them if they were also pulling all their WWII DVDs... they looked at me like I was crazy

This is what I was told at the Elkton, Maryland Walmart.

knightflyte
03-17-2007, 10:26 AM
C'mon. You're pulling our leg aren't you, muzzlehead.

Did you inform them that the swastika (sp) has been removed, and no emblems of nazi-ism exist in the game?

I'd have stood at the cash register asked for the store manager and put my $31.50 on the counter and walked out.

knightflyte
03-17-2007, 10:32 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by -HH-Quazi:
HEHE Who can be mad at being raped by a beautiful sim like this, http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

True ... very true.

muzzlehead
03-17-2007, 10:44 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by knightflyte:
C'mon. You're pulling our leg aren't you, muzzlehead. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No Joke... If someone else can buy it from Walmart I'd like to know... I do not have 4.07 only 4.05 so I can't fly online... and I had the damn box in my hand. And I was using a credit card or I would have walked with it.

To top it off my wife left with the kids for the weekend and I could be online till Sunday night... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Skycat_2
03-17-2007, 12:12 PM
Maybe the manager of your WalMart is actually a former IL-2 fan who is disgruntled with UbiSoft after the whole Northrup Grumman debacle, the Ultimate Flight Collection fiasco (now there is an actual case of financial rape!), and the 'monkey in the middle' game they've played with the release of 1946 in NA.

Joking aside, what if WalMart is using its dollar power to make its own statement to UbiSoft? WalMart does that to rogue suppliers, and there could be a bigger picture here. I read in another thread that GameStop/EB Games' policy is online orders only for 1946, and no sales at retail centers ... if true, maybe this all goes together?

gbollin
03-17-2007, 01:21 PM
I checked today and they said that Il246
was put on the shelve by mistake and to check
back on Tuesday the 20th. They said that is the
normal day for new releases. I checked the
Wal-Mart web sight and the shipping information
delivery on orders will start on the 21st of March.

LW_lcarp
03-17-2007, 01:33 PM
Yep Same problem here its on the selves but you cant buy it is that just great

Kid_kreole
03-17-2007, 02:55 PM
I was just at Walmart an hour ago(Lancaster, PA). I had 1946 in my hand. I went to the register to pay for it but everytime the cashier scanned it the register beeped and a message said "sale not allowed". The cashier said she never saw that happen with a video game. She offered no other explanation and promptly stuck the game under the register. I asked her if it wasn't for sale then why were there five copies on the shelf. She had no answer. I didn't say anything after that. We paid for the rest of our stuff and left. My wife would have let me have it if I made a scene over what she considers a "silly video game".

I am gonna try calling around to the local video game stores to see if anyone has it and is willing to sell it...lol!

Skycat_2
03-17-2007, 03:22 PM
I went to the local GameStop after I posted earlier and asked the kids there if they planned to ever stock "IL-2 1946 by UbiSoft." After the fun of resorting to the military alphabet to get them over the 'Aisle' vs. 'IL' disconnect, one of the clerks said he'd never heard of it but he punched it up on his computer. "Nope, not in the system, but you can probably pre-order through our website, blah blah blah..."

The information about WalMart holding back for an internal official release is bizarre but maybe they have to follow certain protocols after the violent mob rushes for PlayStation 3 and Wii systems: ie, set a date and sell no copies before that. We wouldn't want anybody to, err, get rich selling advance copies of 1946 DVDs on e-bay. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

On a related note, my local WalMart has a new DVD pack, the complete Battlefield 2 series, on the software shelf. It has the basic game and three expansions for $40. There aren't even price stickers on the boxes or on the shelf where they are displayed ... I had to run a copy under the self-help scanner. I didn't buy it, however. I wonder if this is a similar premature release situation? I should go check the Battlefield forum to see. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif By the way, I see there is controversy over games that allow players to play as 'insurgents' because they are seen as a gateway to teens becoming actual Jihadists. The BF2 pack clearly states (paraphrased) that you can play as an insurgent in battles approaching America's heartland.

simel1959
03-17-2007, 09:25 PM
Same problem at the new Walmart on Indy's southside.There were 4 or 5 of them laying at the bottom of the shelf with no price tag.The store clerk typed the numbers in the checkout computer and it would not ring up.He then went over to another computer and told me that it showed that IL-46 had been released.he then went to the back of the store.when he came back he then told me that it had not been released for sale.I asked him when I should return to check back.he said he did not know when it would be released for sale.Also no luck at best buy or the 3 different EB/game stores I have gone to.This BS is really starting to p--s me off HEY UB SOFT HOW BOUT SOMESORT OF A F-----G EXPLANATION FOR MISLEADING YOUR THOUSANDS OF US CUSTOMERS?

-HH-Quazi
03-18-2007, 12:22 AM
Hope you are feeling a bit better now after screaming to the top of your lungs at Ubi Soft. Now my ears have that high pitched ringing tone going on. But I just don't think they heard you. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

You would be better off expressing your discontent in an email to them. They will never see it here.

Blottogg
03-18-2007, 12:26 AM
A quick check of their web site shows it available "usually takes 24-48 hours to process" (http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=5651677). Maybe that includes actually putting it into their inventory system so it will scan at the register.

It doesn't make any sense to stock it without being able to ring it up, unless they're trying to win over the (hopefully very small) flight-sim shoplifter demographic. Not that Wal-Mart policy has to make sense. It sounds like a few store managers are perhaps confused. Has anyone actually been able to buy a copy from Wal-Mart, or are they all doing this?

As an alternate source, GoGamer has it listed for about the same price here (http://www.gogamer.com/IL-2-Sturmovik-1946--I--Front-Page_stcVVproductId7274576VVcatId444710VVviewprod. htm). If Wal-Mart doesn't have their act together, and you don't have a copy yet, speak with your wallet and go to another supplier.

Bartolomeo_ita
03-18-2007, 04:18 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by muzzlehead:
Well I was just at Walmart (10 am March 17th) and the game was on the shelf but they would not sell it. They told me they were pulling all copies of the game.

Get this... 'Due to Nazi content'

I asked them if they were also pulling all their WWII DVDs... they looked at me like I was crazy

This is what I was told at the Elkton, Maryland Walmart. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

becouse in all war movies i have seen, americans won; with il2 they dont http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

VFS-214_Hawk
03-18-2007, 06:33 AM
When WalMart releases 1946, then I guess this forum name will be changed to IL-2 1946 huh? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/34.gif

guitarjava
03-18-2007, 11:03 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Blottogg:
Has anyone actually been able to buy a copy from Wal-Mart, or are they all doing this?
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, I purchased a copy at Walmart. I posted the following on the General Discussion forum a couple days ago, here it is:

"I went through the same thing tonight at Walmart. But then the Electronics personnel took it back to their area, did a double check on the release date, said it was okay to sell, and manually overode the code with one of their handheld scanners, and sold it to me."

Reschke
03-18-2007, 02:34 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Skycat_2:
I read in another thread that GameStop/EB Games' policy is online orders only for 1946, and no sales at retail centers ... if true, maybe this all goes together? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I just picked up the last copy on retail sale here in Birmingham, AL area at all Gamestop/EB Games stores. Each store was supposed to receive 3-5 and most of them did get at least 3. It was $29.99 also and it loads terrifically with one DVD.

Also I just got an email from Amazon saying it was available for $31.42 plus shipping.

Bearcat99
03-18-2007, 03:01 PM
I just went to the WalMart here in Woodbridge Va. and sure enough it was on the shelf... I didn't try to buy it of course because I already did... but it was there.. and it had no price tag. As for the "Nazi" references.. I thought all 1C products were sold without swasticas .... isn't that why we got IL2 Mat? For more historical markings.

PB0_shadow
03-19-2007, 03:28 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> HEY UB SOFT HOW BOUT SOMESORT OF A F-----G EXPLANATION FOR MISLEADING YOUR THOUSANDS OF US CUSTOMERS? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Once the product is in retailer's hand, Ubi has no control.

so you'd better scream at Walmart.

As for EB not ordering the product, well same thing. Ubi cannot force them to buy a game, especially one that has been launched, relanched, repacked etc..., even with new content. For retailers, Il2-1946 amounts to almost nothing.

Thud_vols
03-19-2007, 05:27 AM
I've seen copies at two different local Wal-marts the Hampton-Roads area of Virginia. They did have price tags. It was just under $30.

Same as Bearcat, was just curious to see if they had them.

I bought my version back when released off a buisness in Australia because gogamers did not accept paypal. The fact that it costs about 25% more than what it cost now doesn't bother me one bit. It was well worth it.

simel1959
03-19-2007, 03:12 PM
Well this afternoon I was able to buy IL-2 1946 at the Wal Mart in Beech Grove on Indy's south side.First I want to thank [Guitarjava]for his post on having the SALE NOT ALLOWED scan overridden by the personnel in the electronics department.
I picked up my copy off the shelf and told one of the electronics area workers to try and ring it up.When she tried to ring it up at the electronics area register it said sale not allowed.I then informed her of [Guitarjavas] post and that some Walmarts were able to override the sale not allowed scan.She then called the head of the electronics department and told him that other walmarts had overridden the sale not allowed scan.The electronics department head then looked IL-46 up on the computer and said that the computer said it could be overridden if sold for $29.82.The cashier then had to manually enter the name of the game and the price and I now have my new IL2-46 game and life has returned to normal :th

I think the Walmart clerk who informed muzzlehead that the game would not be sold due to nazi content was either misinformed or is one of those who likes to make up lies.

guitarjava
03-19-2007, 03:20 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by simel1959:
First I want to thank [Guitarjava]for his post on having the SALE NOT ALLOWED scan overridden by the personnel in the electronics department.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey, no problem.... glad it worked out for you!

simel1959
03-19-2007, 06:48 PM
Now that I have been able to obtain a copy of the game I wish to apologize to UBI soft for my original post and to any members of the forum who I may have offended.

muzzlehead
03-19-2007, 07:45 PM
Glad to here this... I'm going to try and pick up the game again tomorrow

Otherwise I guess I'll have to mail order it

bloodybucke1962
03-19-2007, 10:04 PM
I tried a WallyWorld and Target North of Seattle today. No product to be found.

I'll keep looking. If I see it, I'll have to "impulse" buy it, even though I'm happy with what I have now (merged FB/AEP/PF) and only play offline or in a small LAN.

Bearcat99
03-20-2007, 01:04 AM
I went to WW tonight.. err last night.. I just got in from work.. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif to get a bttery for my camera... and they were selling it there... $29.99.... LMAO.. the guy got a little ticked at me when I said.."Oh no I don't want to buy it.. I already have it.. I was just wondering what it was selling for..... "

gbollin
03-20-2007, 10:45 AM
I just picked up IL2 46 At Wal-Mart.They started with seven copies in the store and are now down to three.
I bought it as a backup to the copy I already have in case I do something stupid like break my disc.I noticed there is no mention of copy protection on the box like there is on my
first copy.

ShrikeHawk
03-21-2007, 11:27 AM
Woohoo! Just got my copy of 1946 in the mail. I got so tired of trying to hunt it down in the stores. And then hearing about the odd shenanigens that some stores put customers through, I decided to purchase online. I got mine from EBGames. The stores don't have the product but they do online. Glad I stopped beating my head against the wall.

Oh boy, now I'll have new ways for the AI to humiliate me, hehehe.

Alikaswat
03-21-2007, 08:28 PM
I don't see what the fuss is all about. From what I read there's nothing new going on here except new planes and maps. Forget about it. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/34.gif IL2 46

Alaskan_Viking
03-28-2007, 05:05 PM
Hi, I've read these forums for a while, but this is my first time posting.

I found IL-2 Sturmovik: 1946 at Amazon for $19.99 and IL-2 Sturmovik 1946 (UK import?) for $32.90

http://www.amazon.com/Ubisoft-68361-IL-2-Sturmovik-1946...id=1175122812&sr=8-1 (http://www.amazon.com/Ubisoft-68361-IL-2-Sturmovik-1946/dp/B000N4JENW/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/104-6161311-9089549?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1175122812&sr=8-1)

buzzsaw1939
03-28-2007, 10:12 PM
Thought I better jump in here, my wife saw it at Walmart this morning (north Idaho) we just went up and got one, no problem. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

horseman1985
03-29-2007, 06:43 PM
I was in one of our 2 wal-mart stores here in Fayetteville AR. they have IL2 1946 for 19.99 I thought it was a misprint but nope thats the price it rung up, now just gotta wait a week till my other ubi game I've been waiting for is in the stores Silent Hunter-Wolves of the Pacific

LEBillfish
03-29-2007, 06:49 PM
I paid GoGamers "highest" price after it went up a couple of times........

Well worth it, was a fair deal, can't imagine I was cheated understnding that they had to jump through hoops to get it......

More so...A few months of play others missed out on on a great set of add-ons....

Show me anything else you get as much bang for the buck for...Nothing to commplain about here...Then again, I never had the luxury to learn how to whine http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Crash_Moses
03-30-2007, 07:42 AM
Circuit City has 'em too...for $19.99. Just ordered one for $24.82 (with shipping). Still $5 cheaper than Wal-Mart.

Better hurry...they're going fast.

LEBillfish
03-31-2007, 01:03 PM
Really with all you get in this release there is no excuse for anyone now to not get it

hendrix1998
04-02-2007, 06:27 AM
The only "Nazi" content that was in the game was some swastikas on a few aircraft but they were taken off in the 4.08m patch. Ah So good living in the UK been playing 46 online since december :-)