PDA

View Full Version : 2 Queries re: PF Gunsights and Save Tracks

bigbossmalone
03-23-2005, 12:10 AM
Hi Folks
I have two questions regarding PF: firstly, some of the planes have in-cockpit gunsights that seem to be blacked-out (almost like looking through binoculars that have a lens cap on) - can this be fixed somehow? Is there a key setting or somthing that needs to be done? Second question: When I complete a mission and decide afterwards that I'd like to save the track, I find that the save track option does not have a button that I can press to say "Save Track". What's up with that? Anyone with some advice? Thanks, and keep up the great work! IL2 and Pf ROCK!!!
Bigboss

JunkoIfurita
03-23-2005, 12:32 AM
Ctrl-D by default, or whatever key you've assigned for 'reticule dimmer' will remove the lens-cap on the japanese scope sights (that's on the ki-43 and the D3A1 Val - on a model of the SBD also). On certain planes such as the 109s and the Zero(s), that same key puts a 'dimmer' across the gunsight for use in excessive light situations. Shift-F1 then allows you to look down the scope (in all other planes, this centres/decentres the gunsight).

I'm not sure about the missing 'save track' button, but there is a better way to save tracks anyway - 'saving track' at the end of the mission saves a .trk file, which for various reasons won't be able to be viewed by later patched versions (such as the upcoming 4.0). You want to save your tracks as .ntrk files, so they will be viewable within any version of the game.

The quickest way to do that is to assign a key in your control setup to 'quick start/stop track' (That's not exactly what it's called, but you'll find it). Then while you're flying, just hit the key once to start recording, and hit it again to stop. Your track wil be given the name quick0000.ntrk (sequentially...next one you record will be quick0001.ntrk) and saved in your 'records' folder inside the game folder. You can rename the tracks to whatever you want afterwards, of course.

----

bigbossmalone
03-23-2005, 04:05 AM
Thanks JunkoIfurita
That's sorted my gunsight problem - I agree with you wholeheartedly on the saving as ntrk option, the only problem I have with that is when recording short sequences from a single mission, I then end up with quick000,quick001,etc. Call me lazy, but I'd like to view all these sequences as 1 track, rather than loading a 10 second piece here and there. Is there anyway of joining these short tracks to play as one, or even something similar to the ALL track that comes with PF which plays a series of tracks in succession?
Thanks
Bigboss