PDA

View Full Version : Location, location, location

Chuck_Older
03-18-2006, 07:37 PM
I spent my entire 'free' day today relocating my PC and desk, from a spare room in my apartment (it's going to get refurbished into a small bar) to my room. It's a bit of a tight fit, but I made it work

What a difference. All my WWII and aircraft reference material is right here, five feet away. I can rotate my chair and put my feet up on my bed while I look something up. I have my painted A-2 hanging up three feet to my left, my replica Edsel Ford Trophy is nestled between my two 1/18 P-40Bs over there to my right; my 1/18 P-47 is being flown by Don Gentile over my head behind me. My vintage photo of Squantum NAS circa 1942 is right next to that, and my autographed photo of VMF 214 is on the wall that abuts that. I still need to get my print of E company 101st Airborne leaping out into the night framed, but the print is rolled up safely in it's tube in a corner.

Very comfortable setup. Nice thick carpet underfoot, good lighting overhead, quiet, far away from the front door so my rhinoceros upstairs neighbors bounding down the steps can't be heard. Two windows, each on different walls, good ventilation for the warm weather. All very much better than the setup before, which was a bit like a cave.

The only problem is- I'm so beat from emptying everything out of that spare room, rearranging my room, dismantling the desk, rebuilding it and setting everything up, and then cleaning up the huge mess I made to get it done, that the last thing I want to do is work on a campaign- which is the whole reason I did this, this location is much more conducive to getting anything done on the sim! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif

Chuck_Older
03-18-2006, 07:37 PM
I spent my entire 'free' day today relocating my PC and desk, from a spare room in my apartment (it's going to get refurbished into a small bar) to my room. It's a bit of a tight fit, but I made it work

What a difference. All my WWII and aircraft reference material is right here, five feet away. I can rotate my chair and put my feet up on my bed while I look something up. I have my painted A-2 hanging up three feet to my left, my replica Edsel Ford Trophy is nestled between my two 1/18 P-40Bs over there to my right; my 1/18 P-47 is being flown by Don Gentile over my head behind me. My vintage photo of Squantum NAS circa 1942 is right next to that, and my autographed photo of VMF 214 is on the wall that abuts that. I still need to get my print of E company 101st Airborne leaping out into the night framed, but the print is rolled up safely in it's tube in a corner.

Very comfortable setup. Nice thick carpet underfoot, good lighting overhead, quiet, far away from the front door so my rhinoceros upstairs neighbors bounding down the steps can't be heard. Two windows, each on different walls, good ventilation for the warm weather. All very much better than the setup before, which was a bit like a cave.

The only problem is- I'm so beat from emptying everything out of that spare room, rearranging my room, dismantling the desk, rebuilding it and setting everything up, and then cleaning up the huge mess I made to get it done, that the last thing I want to do is work on a campaign- which is the whole reason I did this, this location is much more conducive to getting anything done on the sim! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif

Targ
03-18-2006, 07:46 PM
Right on!
Moving sucks, enjoy a cocktail and relax the rest of the night with some good music.

DaimonSyrius
03-18-2006, 08:00 PM
Hey, but tomorrow will be such a bright day, and campaign brewing will be steaming along...

Enjoy http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif
S.