PDA

View Full Version : For the History buffs here: How much time did the journeys took time in reneaissance?

UBOSOFT-Gamer
04-23-2011, 04:40 AM
Hello,

yes i could have asked this question in a history forum. I know, if you don't have any usefull posts to answer my question, then please leave this thread now!
thanks.

I was curious, how much time did a person took, if he wanted to travel, for example from Rome to Paris or from Rome to Calicut or Rome to Moscow and from Rome to London, from Rome to Cologne? Or Rome-Constantinople.

Today with cars and airplanes, only few hours, but back then with horses or by foot, i guess it took weekes till months, to reach the destinations???

Any ideas?

Thanks.

UBOSOFT-Gamer
04-23-2011, 04:40 AM
Hello,

yes i could have asked this question in a history forum. I know, if you don't have any usefull posts to answer my question, then please leave this thread now!
thanks.

I was curious, how much time did a person took, if he wanted to travel, for example from Rome to Paris or from Rome to Calicut or Rome to Moscow and from Rome to London, from Rome to Cologne? Or Rome-Constantinople.

Today with cars and airplanes, only few hours, but back then with horses or by foot, i guess it took weekes till months, to reach the destinations???

Any ideas?

Thanks.

ChaosxNetwork
04-23-2011, 07:05 AM
Fail grammar in the title.
Well it will be around 3-4days with the cities in the game, and less time without a carriage (Just riding a horse)

payrob07
04-23-2011, 11:59 AM
by car from Rome to Paris is a little over a day.

Moscow would take a week or two on horseback

ThaWhistle
04-23-2011, 01:59 PM
there weren't really any paved roads outside of italy andparts of the mediterranean, so weather would affect travel time alot. and almost noone would travel at night.

there would have been alot of variables, maybe 20 miles per day?

Ovrgwn Assassin
04-23-2011, 04:33 PM
right basicly now you can travel from lets say UK to moscow by car in less then 2 days if you are traveling by horse if anyone read the ACB book mario and Ezio traveled from rome to monteriggioni in one night by horse. in modern times with a car that will take you 2 hours 47 mins (google maps) and by a horse if you rode hard that would take double about 4 hours (includeing giving the horse a good hours rest) so really you can just double the time it would take now and that would give you the time it would take in the renieasance. oh and if you where useing a horse haveing paved slabs would make a horse go slower because they are lets say off road animals weather and trees in the way would make it easer with horses http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

UBOSOFT-Gamer
04-24-2011, 01:20 AM
@creedmaster2009 thank you very much! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

@ThaWhistle thanks

payrob07
04-25-2011, 09:17 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by creedmaster2009:
right basicly now you can travel from lets say UK to moscow by car in less then 2 days if you are traveling by horse if anyone read the ACB book mario and Ezio traveled from rome to monteriggioni in one night by horse. in modern times with a car that will take you 2 hours 47 mins (google maps) and by a horse if you rode hard that would take double about 4 hours (includeing giving the horse a good hours rest) so really you can just double the time it would take now and that would give you the time it would take in the renieasance. oh and if you where useing a horse haveing paved slabs would make a horse go slower because they are lets say off road animals weather and trees in the way would make it easer with horses http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

UK to Moscow in 2days? No. Way. Even with the German roads. French roads suck, same as Czech roads. Google maps don't take into account the quality of roads and traffic on those types of searches.

Ovrgwn Assassin
04-26-2011, 04:45 PM
hey i know some one who did it by car in under that but i was saying it would take longer obviously but it would be a while.

in yeas before the renieasance lets say 3rd crusade ( or what ever AC1 was) it would have taken he norman army (british and french) a matter of months but a history buff that i know whos obsessed with that time period said they would have done it alot quicker if it wasent for the costs of feeding people. the less people there are you can make the journy quicker.

Neelanna
04-26-2011, 05:09 PM
A lot of travel to distant cities would have been by ship. Even landlocked cities would have included at least some ship travel to a nearby port.