PDA

View Full Version : Combat. A possible flaw?

theycallmesavag
10-23-2007, 12:59 AM
Hello all. I would like this discussion to remain free of ridiculous and pointless flaming per your swollen E-balls.

First things first. The game looks great, and the character control scheme looks seamless. The expansive cities leave nothing to be desired, and the interaction with the crowd is also new, and refreshing.

With that aside. I only have one, prodding problem. Combat. Now i have seen some of the videos and gameplay clips, and there is only one thing screaming in my head. Prince of Persia. Now, yes the game is similar in many ways, yet equally different. But in PoP, You were the baddest muh fuh there, and you could sit there and take 10 guys on (if you are not total nub status) and still come out with at least half health. And another thing im seeing in combat, is what i've coined, the "WTF do i DO" stance. Where you are surrounded by 13 guards, all in a combat stance, yet watching you gut their pals. I have seen it first hand, i believe it was the video with a running commentary where you had to assassinate the guy trying to take over the city while richard was gone. You assassinate that guy, then 13 guards storm in and surround you.

1.) I think that you should be uber in the sense, that yes you can one shot their faces off. However, they should be uber in their own right. Isn't it true that you could possibly fight for days if you sat there? So have it to where the guards slap so much taste out your mouth that you practically run out of there before they can lay a finger on you. Not sit there and meddle with them, throw them into walls, stab their foots while everyone is in a "fencing" style position watching...Attacking 1 at a time.

2.) Kudos to the max ubi for making the guards persistent little buggers. Again, however, The gameplay video that i watched (the same one mentioned above) had you running from like 10 guards trying to break LoS (line of sight) when a guard chases you up a roof. Impressive indeed. What does the person do?...push him off. Boom, another appears?..knife him in the face. BOOm, another appears on the roof with you, and just stab him because hes in "WTF do i DO" mode and just sitting there in a "fencing" stance.

So theres my piece of the pie. Again, no flaming, and only bring logical answers to this E-table. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif thanks, and continue making total bad(a) games ubi!!

theycallmesavag
10-23-2007, 12:59 AM
Hello all. I would like this discussion to remain free of ridiculous and pointless flaming per your swollen E-balls.

First things first. The game looks great, and the character control scheme looks seamless. The expansive cities leave nothing to be desired, and the interaction with the crowd is also new, and refreshing.

With that aside. I only have one, prodding problem. Combat. Now i have seen some of the videos and gameplay clips, and there is only one thing screaming in my head. Prince of Persia. Now, yes the game is similar in many ways, yet equally different. But in PoP, You were the baddest muh fuh there, and you could sit there and take 10 guys on (if you are not total nub status) and still come out with at least half health. And another thing im seeing in combat, is what i've coined, the "WTF do i DO" stance. Where you are surrounded by 13 guards, all in a combat stance, yet watching you gut their pals. I have seen it first hand, i believe it was the video with a running commentary where you had to assassinate the guy trying to take over the city while richard was gone. You assassinate that guy, then 13 guards storm in and surround you.

1.) I think that you should be uber in the sense, that yes you can one shot their faces off. However, they should be uber in their own right. Isn't it true that you could possibly fight for days if you sat there? So have it to where the guards slap so much taste out your mouth that you practically run out of there before they can lay a finger on you. Not sit there and meddle with them, throw them into walls, stab their foots while everyone is in a "fencing" style position watching...Attacking 1 at a time.

2.) Kudos to the max ubi for making the guards persistent little buggers. Again, however, The gameplay video that i watched (the same one mentioned above) had you running from like 10 guards trying to break LoS (line of sight) when a guard chases you up a roof. Impressive indeed. What does the person do?...push him off. Boom, another appears?..knife him in the face. BOOm, another appears on the roof with you, and just stab him because hes in "WTF do i DO" mode and just sitting there in a "fencing" stance.

So theres my piece of the pie. Again, no flaming, and only bring logical answers to this E-table. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif thanks, and continue making total bad(a) games ubi!!

theycallmesavag
10-23-2007, 01:04 AM
:::::::::::::::::::::::EDIT::::::::::::::::::::::: :

This is an edit to the above post. I wanted to mention. After you read point 1, my reasoning for saying this, is that you are going to have to run anyway. So why not make it challenging? If your goal is to get in and out quietly as possible, why make that person able to withstand an army of guards. Don't weaken the person i say, just make the guards the bad asses they truly are.

This. Coming from your loyal fan, and a black man with something to say http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Lost_Control303
10-23-2007, 01:09 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by theycallmesavag:

If your goal is to get in and out quietly as possible.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I thought it was to kill your target in public to strike fear into the hearts of your targets allies? and there is an edit button http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

If you read the threads about "I got to play AC secret thigy" the WTF do i DO stance has been fixed, they attack alot faster.

ProneNL
10-23-2007, 01:17 AM
There is an edit button.

Lisky831
10-23-2007, 01:40 AM
Already been discussed.

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/7481087895

Praesiditor
10-23-2007, 07:48 AM
maybe they just don't like eachother.
or.
maybe it's because you get a game that is unplayible if 20 guards are smashing in to you if you assassinate some1 wich makes every1 trowing it in the back of the closer (or what ur guys are using) to take some dust

sweetlou280
10-23-2007, 08:18 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Lost_Control303:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by theycallmesavag:

If your goal is to get in and out quietly as possible.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I thought it was to kill your target in public to strike fear into the hearts of your targets allies? and there is an edit button http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

If you read the threads about "I got to play AC secret thigy" the WTF do i DO stance has been fixed, they attack alot faster. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yes!!!! Thats the kind of game that I want to play. One with more adrenaline based assassinations and escapes, I don't want to disappear into the shadows after I kill my target like in splinter cel (its still an awesome game don't get me wrong.) Nice post. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/metal.gif