PDA

View Full Version : Hmmmmm AI behavior I have never seen before...

Bearcat99
02-13-2007, 09:13 PM
Tonight in a 99th COOP I was watching the action after dieing a horrible death. I was watching 99th_Swivet tangle with a 202 in a Hawk.. Just as he got the bandit smoking and in the middle of a looping climb he ran out of ammo... Seeing his predicament he decided that some separation was in order and procede to beat feet home. The AI bandit's wingman swooped in for an attack... just as he started to fire... his wingman.. the one Swiv was originally attacking who was still smoking was set upon by one of the now infamous kill stealing AI friendlies.. I was amazed to see the AI bandit who was attacking Swiv break off his attack and go to help his wingman. I wish the friendlies would do that as expeditiously.

Bearcat99
02-13-2007, 09:13 PM
Tonight in a 99th COOP I was watching the action after dieing a horrible death. I was watching 99th_Swivet tangle with a 202 in a Hawk.. Just as he got the bandit smoking and in the middle of a looping climb he ran out of ammo... Seeing his predicament he decided that some separation was in order and procede to beat feet home. The AI bandit's wingman swooped in for an attack... just as he started to fire... his wingman.. the one Swiv was originally attacking who was still smoking was set upon by one of the now infamous kill stealing AI friendlies.. I was amazed to see the AI bandit who was attacking Swiv break off his attack and go to help his wingman. I wish the friendlies would do that as expeditiously.

Choctaw111
02-14-2007, 04:15 AM
I have seen AI do some pretty neat things at times but that is amazing and seems like the AI almost had half a brain! Do you have a track? I would just like to see how it all went down.

TAW_Oilburner
02-14-2007, 05:09 AM
It almost seems the skill setting doesn't have an effect anymore...they are all either idiots or crafty little @$#%s's. In a squad campaign this weekend we were in F6F's and were chasing a lone KI84 who just kept climbing and climbing always just out of reach. We finally gave up and headed back to the task force (2 carriers and about 15 other ships) and the KI84 followed. He didn't dive down, he stayed at alt but followed us all the way back. We circled around the fleet for a while waiting for the AA to take him out but eventually just decided to land (I had the ROF turned down so low on all the ships they might have never hit him). As soon as the first F6F is committed and on his final (flaps,gear down doing about 110 mph) the AI rolls over and dives down right past everybody else (he could have reached out an patted my head on the way down) and heads straight for the plane landing. The landing pilot aborted and luckily the KI84 missed and climbed straight back up. This happened AGAIN when the next person in the pattern lined up and had to abort. So, we had a volunteer line up and go in and we were ready this time and flamed him as he was pulling out of his dive (after putting a coupld holes in the wing of the landing plane). We all commented that it was like a vulture on a DF server hanging around...very neat.

M2morris
02-14-2007, 06:05 AM
I always put myself outnumbered and by myself ofcourse but nowadays I put the enemy AI fighters as individuals instead of little teams. That way they do better stuff instead of continuing to follow thier leader even if he is smoking or on fire,etc. I had never seen one break away from a flight and do THAT before. Cool Bearcat.

msalama
02-14-2007, 06:13 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">That way they do better stuff instead of continuing to follow their leader even if he is smoking or on fire, etc. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep, I've started to do this as well - just put them into separate flights of 1 and you can make them behave MUCH cleverer! I'm actually working on a couple of little coop missions ATM - team vs. AI - where I'm experimenting with this and the results are pretty good so far http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

WWMaxGunz
02-14-2007, 06:59 AM
At least run them in pairs!
That way one might follow the other like he's covering his tail?
It'll LOOK better, LOL!

Worf101
02-14-2007, 07:23 AM
Heard you talking last night bout this bossman. I hear ya, but I won't believe it till I see's it. Yeah, also heard you bi***in about the short in-coop life expectancy of groundpounders. Welcome to the club bub.

Da Worfster

SeaFireLIV
02-14-2007, 10:16 AM
I`ve seen this AI attacking landing planes (ignoring others) before, but rarely. Perhaps this has been increased with the latest Patch. The following zero at altitude, but not engagaing, does sound rather interesting.

I am also over the pacific and was being attacked by several zeros. couple of things I noticed. In desperation I flew REALLY low, skimming the jungle tops at speed.

1, AI`s REALLY good at avoiding hitting the ground, or trees now, always managing to pull out in a manner that looks realistic.

2, No matter how low you go or cheeky you get, it`s really difficult to thwart the zeros. I found a sloping low hill, so decided I could shake my 3 AI pursuers by simply crescenting this hill over and over again at like 10-20feet height. Well, no matter how many times I did this I couldn`t force ONE AI to hit the ground. Sure, they came close, but always got out of it. Even I was having trouble avoiding hitting the ground myself AND avoiding their shots!

3, They`re pretty good at getting super low with you and shooting you down. Low height only puts them off for a moment until they can go round and come back at a better angle.

4, They do a nice job of NOT colliding. they certainly don`t collide with the regularity of the previous Patch versions.

Pretty good I say.