PDA

View Full Version : AEP is overwhelming.

Bull_Pup
03-03-2004, 07:29 PM
AEP is an overwhelming masterpiece. I dont know where the fun starts or ends.

The Mistel is an aircraft I considered a waste of time until around an hour ago, then I checked it out on a whim. OMG the phrase bfg comes to mind, although BFB! The blast is incredible. Its like a moab detonating. A dusty compression wave radiates for 1500m ~, moments later a black mushroom cloud forms above a HUGE crater. It has to be seen to be believed. Wow!

I checked out the Gladiator and It's simply jaw dropping. One of the finest models Ive ever seen, internaly and externaly.

So many beautiful new models. The ta152, the p38, 51b, etc....

The new sc1800 bomb on the ju87.....

The sound seems to have been improved imo.

Its overwhelming. It's like being a kid in a candy shop.

There is a stagering amount of talent behind IL2. I just feel like thanking everyone involved.

Bull_Pup
03-03-2004, 07:29 PM
AEP is an overwhelming masterpiece. I dont know where the fun starts or ends.

The Mistel is an aircraft I considered a waste of time until around an hour ago, then I checked it out on a whim. OMG the phrase bfg comes to mind, although BFB! The blast is incredible. Its like a moab detonating. A dusty compression wave radiates for 1500m ~, moments later a black mushroom cloud forms above a HUGE crater. It has to be seen to be believed. Wow!

I checked out the Gladiator and It's simply jaw dropping. One of the finest models Ive ever seen, internaly and externaly.

So many beautiful new models. The ta152, the p38, 51b, etc....

The new sc1800 bomb on the ju87.....

The sound seems to have been improved imo.

Its overwhelming. It's like being a kid in a candy shop.

There is a stagering amount of talent behind IL2. I just feel like thanking everyone involved.

clint-ruin
03-03-2004, 07:50 PM
It really is, isn't it? I posted a few first impressions and people started posting "Oh show us plane X", so I'd go fly plane X and have a great time and take some screenshots .. then I'd go back to the QMBs aircraft list and think "Bloody hell, I haven't even looked at the aircraft I wanted to fly yet" :>

Everything I've seen so far - models / FMs / reworked DMs / sound [32 channel mode seems to work now!] and so on is excellent.

http://home.iprimus.com.au/djgwen/fb/leninkoba.jpg

tolwyn.com
03-03-2004, 08:06 PM
I agree.

My personal licensing agreement: In exchange for my hard-earned cash for your product, you agree to the following terms: No part of my hardware may be used as a mechanism to verify or reverify my economical patronage. My receipt will serve that purpose. If you disagree with this license, you may return my money to me, and I'll return your product. :)

WUAF_Badsight
03-04-2004, 01:05 AM
what Bull_Pup said !

BM357_ZoD
03-04-2004, 02:22 AM
Dido:):):):):):):):):)

All kneel to ZoD
http://bm357.com/

buz13
03-04-2004, 03:28 AM
Bravo Zulu....money well spent.

Aztek_Eagle
03-04-2004, 03:52 AM
I FLEW my fav plane last bf110, no online games yet :'(

TheGozr
03-04-2004, 03:56 AM
100% agree

Christmas again.. :)

-GOZR
http://www.french.themotorhead.com/themotorhead_fighters/images/pix/il2fbtmhlogosmall.jpg <--Uncensored version IL2fb here (http://www.french.themotorhead.com/themotorhead_fighters/)

SeaFireLIV
03-04-2004, 04:33 AM
I would agree, but i don`t have it yet..... :(

Zen--
03-04-2004, 08:01 AM
Nice to see a post appreciating the good side of AEP instead of whining.

<S!>

-Zen-

Lancelot_ecv56
03-04-2004, 08:19 AM
Couldn't agree more Bull_pup!!! :D

It's absolutely GREAT!

Si hay que huir, YO PRIMERO!!!

Gr8fighterpilot
03-04-2004, 08:33 AM
I completely agree. Thanks goes to Oleg and the Maddox team.

tonedogbf110
03-04-2004, 08:38 AM
Errrr, where do you guys live to be blessed with AEP?

I was wondering how many more months i have to wait for its UK release...

http://www.iainmccarthy.com/fb/tonedog_sig.jpg

rpkiller
03-04-2004, 11:59 AM
any chance of any of you guys posting (or linking) some screenshots for us brits to drool over for a couple of weeks.

Also, what is the final AEP plane list????

rp

VR_C_TheRR
03-04-2004, 12:16 PM
one word

GREAT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:)

Gato-Loco
03-04-2004, 12:22 PM
Aaaaargh!! My copy is on the mail. Can't wait!!!!

TX Rahman
03-04-2004, 12:39 PM
Bump...add my name to the list of satisfied customers.

TX-Rahman
http://www.txsquadron.com

Willey
03-04-2004, 03:10 PM
Release date is overmodelled.... two weeks :sad:

BaronVonSnoopy
03-04-2004, 03:39 PM
I got one of THREE copies at the local EB, and I stopped there on a whim. Glad I did it, and I definitely agree. Thanks a million Oleg. You're the man.

FA_Maddog
03-04-2004, 04:04 PM
I think AEP is a great improvement. The sound seems a lot better now. Thank you Oleg!!!

knightflyte
03-04-2004, 10:00 PM
You sure know how to put a smile on my face, Oleg.
I shot down 4 B-17s with a P 38 last night. First time I ever did it alone without getting hit....I LOVE the 38!
It's easy to forget how good we have it as flight sim enthusiasts. But sitting between those two engines watching the propellors spin, and looking over my shoulder to see the forked fins I thought "Holy **** I'm sitting in a P-38"......... (Damn... I'm still smiling)

Thank you to EVERYONE involved. Great Job!

WWMaxGunz
03-04-2004, 11:31 PM
I was first amazed by the tracks. Many tracks showing how to do things, this is new. Some tracks showing how to do things people keep posting are impossible. Like a few Stukas attacking the Marat and sinking it in short order without losses that I saw. It was amazing because each bomb strike damaged only certain parts of the ship, the AA guns firing got fewer and fewer. The ship sank like ships do when pounded very, very hard and the keel goes. Those tracks alone are worth a lot of the price. Now we have proof that some things are possible. You can even tip a V-1 over! But... you better be very good.

----------------------------------------

For those who are waiting... why didn't you order through the internet from here when you knew the delay? Things travel by air pretty quick nowadays, at least they do when we here order from Britain the sims that are later getting here!

There are not many copies here either. Only one store chain seems to have any and they get only a few per store. Maybe they get more later but to people with Electronics Boutique not far, don't be slow! I know two people who have bought the last copies for miles around their homes.

Neal

HH Quazi
03-05-2004, 08:19 AM
Simply amazing! Smoking! Really, I have no words to express how I feel about AEP. It is simply that good. I feel for my British brothers. Having to wait for the release in the UK. Actually, I feel that way for all of our community brothers that have to wait for AEP to be released in their neck of the woods. One way to look at it guys, by the time you get it, all the little pesky problems with the install and such will be worked out by your US brothers. Hang in there. It won't be long now. S!