PDA

View Full Version : Far Cry 3 needed fixes from FC2...

FlyNChipmunks
06-26-2011, 03:51 PM
Please make there an Option so that you can lock your map from other Player using your maps and publishing them as there own.

Would like to see the RATING system removed, reasons are obvious. This will eliminate the fighting amongst fellow gamers.

Also remove the Player maps from being used as Ranked maps. Created maps by players should never be used as Ranked only Non-Ranked Games. There is already User Created Maps of the Month (UBI Recomended) and i think this is good enough.

This is a Ranked match option the gave the HOST power to boot in a Ranked Match. That can be abused as i seen in FC2 all the time.

The team stacking that went on in Ranked Matches Was crazy. All the Upper Ranks would side together against the lower ranks. Talk about cowards. And you know who you are.

FlyNChipmunks
06-26-2011, 03:51 PM
Please make there an Option so that you can lock your map from other Player using your maps and publishing them as there own.

Would like to see the RATING system removed, reasons are obvious. This will eliminate the fighting amongst fellow gamers.

Also remove the Player maps from being used as Ranked maps. Created maps by players should never be used as Ranked only Non-Ranked Games. There is already User Created Maps of the Month (UBI Recomended) and i think this is good enough.

This is a Ranked match option the gave the HOST power to boot in a Ranked Match. That can be abused as i seen in FC2 all the time.

The team stacking that went on in Ranked Matches Was crazy. All the Upper Ranks would side together against the lower ranks. Talk about cowards. And you know who you are.

Fallen-Champ
06-27-2011, 12:34 AM
FlyNChipmunks I did a big list of fixes in another post, I am unsure what others think but they made a lot of sense to me.

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/foru...1043829/m/8501064139 (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1131043829/m/8501064139)

I agree with what you say - the stats thing went crazy as some were more into a maps statistics then actually hosting and playing.

The full list of fixes with pics can be viewed here below.

http://fcmaps.com/p/content/content.php?content.133

H84Gabor
06-27-2011, 07:31 AM
I'm not much of a map maker, but I totally agree with the initial idea. More precisely: anyone who wants to modify a map should ask for the map's editable version from it's maker. (And that name could never be removed as the "Original maker" or something like this.)
But I would leave the rating system in the game, as I think that's quite useful. (I don't think that those rivalries between small groups will make a considerable change and even if so, the really good ones will still stand out.)
And as long as I'm concerned, I'd remove the ranked matches too.

FlyNChipmunks
06-27-2011, 11:50 AM
cool, ill head on over their and check out what you posted LAMB.

Clover_field.
06-27-2011, 07:04 PM
No custom maps for ranked games ?

Hell I dont know where you play but the server where I am playing are hosting brilliant custom maps. They are much better then the standart maps.

So they should make it possible to host custom maps from the first day.

DapperHayden007
06-27-2011, 08:05 PM
The reason why not many people like "Approved For Ranked" is because there are too many good map makers to choose a favourite map... Ranked maps should be made by the company and the company ONLY.

E-Solo
06-27-2011, 08:19 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DapperHayden:
The reason why not many people like "Approved For Ranked" is because there are too many good map makers to choose a favourite map... Ranked maps should be made by the company and the company ONLY. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's quite possibly the dumbest thing I've read on here... this is what makes Far Cry 2 stand out as a great game... the ability to create and host custom maps on all servers.. ranked and unranked...

DapperHayden007
06-27-2011, 08:58 PM
not really, its not fair, its a point of "all or none" type of thing everybody should be able to host there maps on ranked rather than have an approved for ranked but that isn't a good idea either because people could build maps for their advantage, Also, Everybody Should have a chance of getting a map in Approved For Ranked other than a few people who go on the forums now and again.

FlyNChipmunks
06-28-2011, 02:27 PM
good point Dapper, and having Approved User created maps as RANKED isnt the reason for Far Cry Standing out. Its the Map Editor Only.

PACCIONE
12-21-2012, 01:18 AM
Before you start thinking of that it would be nice to see ocupied hosted lobbies for custom maps and be able to host them as on farcry 2 thats the reason i bought farcry 3 i have played for a week and still havent been cycled into my custom maps wtf this game may be getting taken back soon unless fixed
FlyNChipmunks I did a big list of fixes in another post, I am unsure what others think but they made a lot of sense to me.

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/foru...1043829/m/8501064139 (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1131043829/m/8501064139)

I agree with what you say - the stats thing went crazy as some were more into a maps statistics then actually hosting and playing.

The full list of fixes with pics can be viewed here below.

http://fcmaps.com/p/content/content.php?content.133

DapperHayden007
12-21-2012, 01:35 AM
Before you start thinking of that it would be nice to see ocupied hosted lobbies for custom maps and be able to host them as on farcry 2 thats the reason i bought farcry 3 i have played for a week and still havent been cycled into my custom maps wtf this game may be getting taken back soon unless fixed

This thread is over a year ago, what a "blast from the past" eh?
Best result is to post that in other threads, I do agree with your point though, the map hosting in this game is WAY worse than Far Cry 2's but I am not worrying as of yet because I am only making maps ATM as MP is unplayable for me (cannot get into a single game unless its private) ;)

Producenten
12-21-2012, 01:48 AM

Is it realy like this?

I tough if someone modified youre map there name came under the Author as a writer ore somthing?

if it isent like that and it is like you are saying that's BS..

It's like steeling.