PDA

View Full Version : I don't blame you!



Knight7_392
04-02-2005, 12:30 PM
I notice people giving up and moving on, fed up with problems. Fundamentally this game is fantastic, but bugs and the serious multiplayer issue mean why the hell are we bothering. You get fat on profit, and seemingly do sod all to fix the problem but post more reviews showing how fantastic the game is, maybe it is time to get your people fixing the probems, rather than trying to sell anymore to future disgruntled customers.

Alarrrmmmm
04-02-2005, 12:32 PM
shut up.

Knight7_392
04-02-2005, 12:38 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Alarrrmmmm:
shut up. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Arrh an educated man,

Alarrrmmmm
04-02-2005, 12:40 PM
well you come on here, **** the people off. you have no right. just shut up and leave. you know how hard it is to make a game like this? if so, respect them.

Knight7_392
04-02-2005, 12:43 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Alarrrmmmm:
well you come on here, **** the people off. you have no right. just shut up and leave. you know how hard it is to make a game like this? if so, respect them. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Have no right? I **** well have. I paid the money so I expect a product to be working when I buy it. Game developers seem to have a nack of delaying games to make it "so" wonderful, but everytime problems arise. We not entitled to expect a product that works? Give me a break, only a fool sits and accepts faulty merchandise.

Furthermore, I am entitled to my view, so take your ignorant comment and sit on it. You talk of respect. pft, you have no idea "m8"

Alarrrmmmm
04-02-2005, 12:49 PM
ignorant comment?? who was the one who started badly insulting the game makers? not me. if the games faulty, return it. dont be a poofter and complain. or jest get a computer upgrade. whining *****. dont call me a mate. you are entitled to your view, so ask the forum moderaters to make a new forum for sad ***** like you.

quillan
04-02-2005, 12:49 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>maybe it is time to get your people fixing the probems <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What exactly do you think they're doing, might I ask? You do realize that debugging computer code is probably the most tedious, time consuming, and difficult job ever invented, right?

Knight7_392
04-02-2005, 12:53 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Alarrrmmmm:
ignorant comment?? who was the one who started badly insulting the game makers? not me. if the games faulty, return it. dont be a poofter and complain. or jest get a computer upgrade. whining *****. dont call me a mate. you are entitled to your view, so ask the forum moderaters to make a new forum for sad ***** like you. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think the forum moderators would be interested in that language! And as for don't complain. It is time you grew up and realised being walked over is not acceptable. "m8", ever heard of sarcasm, lol, age brings intellect. Time will tell with you.

End of discussion, I can find better ways to waste my time.

TinPins
04-02-2005, 12:55 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by quillan:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>maybe it is time to get your people fixing the probems <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What exactly do you think they're doing, might I ask? You do realize that debugging computer code is probably the most tedious, time consuming, and difficult job ever invented, right? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Er, shouldn't they have done that before selling the game in the shops as an end product? Or were things like the Uzo, monolith and mutli-player ready bugs etc. Just obscure little things, who's existence only came to light after the punters started playing it?

quillan
04-02-2005, 12:58 PM
Oh, I agree with you on that point. The UZO bug is inexcusable. It happens with all nVidia cards and almost all drivers, so how could they have possibly missed it? It's not like nVidia is a rarely seen component on a computer system. If it had cropped up on, say, a Matrox Parhelia only I could sort of understand it.

Indianer.
04-02-2005, 01:01 PM
I'm sure the devs are working on the bugs. The problem i have is with the complete silence.

oh yeah..and the milk cows and wolfpacks, but hey, i can shell out a few extra quid for things that should have been in the game i paid for origionally.

stevenwhiting
04-02-2005, 01:05 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Alarrrmmmm:
shut up. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fanboy mode http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

U-49
04-02-2005, 01:07 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Knight7_392:
...maybe it is time to get your people fixing the probems... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is this based on insider information, or merely on your infinite wisdom and awe-inspiring capabilities of rationale thought?

Well, you know the dev team isn't currently working on a patch, how exactly, hmm?

VoidChoice
04-02-2005, 01:09 PM
The devs need to try something like this...

try {

//run buggy as **** code

}
catch {

//save the game...
//continue crashing to desktop
}

Lovo_Kasistan
04-02-2005, 01:09 PM
That's what happens when the publishers start to push around the developers and don't give them enough time to squish all the bugs.

S_Z
04-02-2005, 01:13 PM
Why don€t all game developers just stop making games since there isn€t a game now days that doesn€t have a
couple of bugs when its release€¦ Is that what you want?

Come on. I totally understand that you want to be able to play a game that you paid for and I€m sorry if you are
having issues with it but bugs in a newly released game is something we will have to live with. Making games
today is very difficult (I€m a hobby 3D programmer myself). They are getting very complex and there are so
many hardware combinations so it€s impossible to test them all.

Its also a matter of money, not everyone has a giant budget to work with and I€m sure the budget for a simulator
like SH3 was alot smaller than the budget for a first person shooter like Far Cry. They can€t keep working
on it forever if they don€t want to work for free. It was exactly the same thing with Lock-On: Modern Air Combat
(also a UBI published sim). They (Eagle Dynamics, the developer) had to release it even though it wasn€t bug
free. They did a great job patching it later on and adding a couple of features that didn€t make it in the release
version. I think the developers have done a great job with SH3 and I hope it will get even better with the next
patch/patches. It€s the best sim I have played in a very long time.

I personally also think SH3 is one of the most stable games (out of the box) I have played in a long time. I
haven€t had any problem with it at all.

TinPins
04-02-2005, 01:15 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by quillan:
Oh, I agree with you on that point. The UZO bug is inexcusable. It happens with all nVidia cards and almost all drivers, so how could they have possibly missed it? It's not like nVidia is a rarely seen component on a computer system. If it had cropped up on, say, a Matrox Parhelia only I could sort of understand it. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Agreed. I mean you expect games to be buggy upon release to a certain extent, Sjust the way things are. I don't much like it but then, what can you do?

But there's bugs and then there's BUGS. UBI were definately pushing the envelope with the Uzo in particular. Sigh

But then they're not daft are they? Gamers will pretty much accept anything, if they really want to play a title they've been looking forwards to.

gnolam
04-02-2005, 01:26 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by S_Z:
Why don€t all game developers just stop making games since there isn€t a game now days that doesn€t have a
couple of bugs when its release€¦ Is that what you want? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

"A couple of bugs" are completely acceptable. The problem is that there's a whole range of broken or just plain missing functionality in the game - stuff that just couldn't have passed through any kind of testing... (engines upgrades and torpedo loadouts disappearing, anyone?)

S VIIC_41
04-02-2005, 02:00 PM
It's true though, there are some completely unacceptable bugs.

It's still playable, it's still fun, but I can't go to 230 metres in my Type VIIB or even keep my ship upgrades during a patrol if I save and load.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>"A couple of bugs" are completely acceptable. The problem is that there's a whole range of broken or just plain missing functionality in the game - stuff that just couldn't have passed through any kind of testing... (engines upgrades and torpedo loadouts disappearing, anyone?) <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Exactly. But, to their credit, even with these annoying bugs... it's still a lot of fun. It's just that a small amount of testing or a quick patch could make it a lot better.

S_Z
04-02-2005, 02:03 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by gnolam:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by S_Z:
Why don€t all game developers just stop making games since there isn€t a game now days that doesn€t have a
couple of bugs when its release€¦ Is that what you want? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

"A couple of bugs" are completely acceptable. The problem is that there's a whole range of broken or just plain missing functionality in the game - stuff that just _couldn't_ have passed through any kind of testing... (engines upgrades and torpedo loadouts disappearing, anyone?) <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Did you play Lock-On? SH3 is definitely not in a worse state than Lock-On was when it was released. I believe the developers knew about some of the bugs but because of economical reasons they could not delay it any further and had to release it. It€s sad but I think this is very common today, especially for this type of games that don€t have that massive budget like some of the first person shooters.

Pacificwing
04-02-2005, 02:20 PM
Sadly this is becoming an all too common issue. Push the game out the door, ASAP and hope the people who buy it aren't angry enough with the bugs to boycott the next one. Fortunately for them, people have short memories. By the time Ubisoft releases the next game, the consumer will be so dazzled by the pretty graphics and nice features that they will completely forget what a bugfest the previous game was.

It's one thing to release a game that has more bugs than a ten dollar ******, but to abstain from any sort of accountability for those bugs is atrocious.

The developers may or may not be working on another patch.
The developers may or may not be aware of the important bugs.
The developers may or may not know that they haven't already fixed certain issues.
The developers may or may not have set a deadline for the next patch.

The fact is we just don't know. They haven't told us a bloody thing.

Let's face it people. We brought this on ourselves as consumers. Ubisoft knows that if they keep the games release as high profile, and the patch release as low profile, then we will just run out to the stores like sheep the next time they pre-maturely release a game. Accountability in the face of enlightened self-interest will only come if demanded.

So, if you want to know what the status is with the next patch, stop bickering amongst yourselves and start demanding!

Cheers,
-PW

Reverend 66
04-02-2005, 02:31 PM
As for the UZO bug I think that nvidia may have fixed it. I had the bug on my ti4200 untill yesterday when I downloaded the latest driver from nvidia again. Now I can look all around with the binocs with only the little bit of spray at the bottom of the screen. It may not fix the 5xxx or 6xxx series cards but it worked fine on my old one. What the heck it's worth a try, right?

gnolam
04-02-2005, 02:47 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by S_Z:
Did you play Lock-On? SH3 is definitely not in a worse state than Lock-On was when it was released. I believe the developers knew about some of the bugs but because of economical reasons they could not delay it any further and had to release it. It€s sad but I think this is very common today, especially for this type of games that don€t have that massive budget like some of the first person shooters. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yep, own it. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
But in my opinion, SH3 is a lot more broken than LO-MAC was (although I still can't call Lock On stable - I'm actually quite disappointed in the lack of support for that game) - I can't recall any critical features that were broken in such a way as to severely dampen gameplay, like SH3's disappearing upgrades that make the renown gathering and sub upgrading parts of campaign play more or less pointless.
Also, LO-MAC's documentation was completely passable - for example, AFAIK nobody except the devs know what the awards or compartment efficiency levels actually do in this game...

So SH3 is fun, but there's a hell of a lot that has to be fixed. As I see it, the original 1.0 release was basically a beta...

S_Z
04-02-2005, 04:55 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by gnolam:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by S_Z:
Did you play Lock-On? SH3 is definitely not in a worse state than Lock-On was when it was released. I believe the developers knew about some of the bugs but because of economical reasons they could not delay it any further and had to release it. It€s sad but I think this is very common today, especially for this type of games that don€t have that massive budget like some of the first person shooters. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yep, own it. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
But in my opinion, SH3 is a lot more broken than LO-MAC was (although I still can't call Lock On stable - I'm actually quite disappointed in the lack of support for that game) - I can't recall any critical features that were broken in such a way as to severely dampen gameplay, like SH3's disappearing upgrades that make the renown gathering and sub upgrading parts of campaign play more or less pointless.
Also, LO-MAC's documentation was completely passable - for example, AFAIK nobody except the devs know what the awards or compartment efficiency levels actually do in this game...

So SH3 is fun, but there's a hell of a lot that _has_ to be fixed. As I see it, the original 1.0 release was basically a beta... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>In that case I think you forgot how things were just after the release of Lock-On http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif Just do a search on patch 1.01 for example and you will find there were alot of bugs. Just look at the size of the fix list http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif Or read some reviews. I remember the game getting not that great score by many game sites and one reason was the many bugs (another was the poor frame rate).

One major issue for example was the radar (especially for the F-15) and the AIM-120 performance. I chose not to even fly the F-15 until the game was patched.

I think most people agree that it was released a bit too early.

I do think Eagle Dynamics made a great work with the patches though. Not only did they fix bugs but they added a lot of features to the game.

finchOU
04-02-2005, 05:21 PM
ah yes the catch-22 for Sub Sim longhaulers!!! To buy or not to buy? that is the question.

To buy the product even though it is Buggy is to ensure the future of the genre. But what about the first timer who buys the game only to be turned away because of the Buggyness. The children (noobs) are our future in a sense anyway.

Not to buy is to teach a leason that a product is only a good product if it is a completed product. But at the risk of the Publisher not caring, and developing elseware (other genres).

I think venting on the forums is the only way for some of use to express our distaste for the way things are done, yet we still want our sims so we buy the buggy product. I would have waited as long as it took to finish the game even if it ment paying 20-25 dollars more....but that is me.

VoidChoice
04-02-2005, 07:54 PM
The problem with this game an many others is a basic human flaw of laziness, i confess to it myself so im not slating it...

Devs make 3/4 of a game...
publisher wants it released...
devs go oh well, we'll fix it later...
game is released...
devs get money...
...Then what? what have they got to work for? So we can enjoy it? do they care about us?

What scares me about this game is that i have already seen mention of an expantion pack. I've never been more angry with a developer than i was with novalogic when the released a Joint Ops expansion pack only months after releasing the game, which they didnt do a very good job of patching up. They treat us like fools and get away with it. The only hope i have is the fact that THIS game is a simulator and sim devs generally care about the subject matter and have made a sim because THEY want to play it, therefor would carry on working after they've been payed.

I still don't hold out much hope tho, and am growing ever weary of ubisoft.

CRULL
04-02-2005, 08:15 PM
Lets be reasonable here instead of acting like spoiled children. Practically every game is released with some bugs.
The game was just released a couple of weeks ago. You have no proof they are not working on anything. They also issued a patch right after release for a few things. That shows some good faith.

I have some problems with the game which I would like to see fixed, but I don't expect them to be fixed overnight. Maybe in a few months would be the time to start complaining, but not now.

Even with some bugs it is very hard to not see the amount of work that has gone into this game. So I will stick with it for a little while.

VoidChoice
04-02-2005, 08:23 PM
I too enjoy this game and will stick with it till i get bored, patch or no patch but that is the most dickheaded statement i have ever heard,
"Lets be reasonable here instead of acting like spoiled children." ~ Its within everybody's right to expect a finished game, finished games will always have bugs, thats the nature of programming. The difference is, however, that this game is quite clearly unfinished.

Wolf52371
04-02-2005, 08:27 PM
Come on people, enough with all the name-calling. ITS A GAME! And yes, i realize that you paid i good deal for this game (i had to upgrade my system so i paid a hell of a lot more than i thought i would) and you like to vent and thats just fine. I'm just saying keep perspective. Plus, from the lack of dev involvement in these forums i would doubt us complaining about the issue which they most likely know anyway will change anything. My 2 cents.

Olebass
04-02-2005, 08:41 PM
My problem right now is the silence.
I saw less bugs and as many features back in the Apple 2E Silent Service days. You could control engines and such back then at least seperately.

This game looks great, and for the most part works great but so many bugs and issues need to be fixed to make it what it really should be. I mean by that not only stuff added such as new mission radio reports, engine control , nets/mines and harbor population but also what already exists.

If we knew they were working on fixes I would be fine, but so often in the past I've bought games they toss out a fast patch and call it done. Other times a company will post and post about fixes that never came. Very common in RTS games.

If we just had some reassurance from a dev that something is being worked on other then SH4 I and probably alot of others would be much happier about it.

S_Z
04-03-2005, 06:50 AM
I agree about the silence, it€s not good.

UBI/ED did a great job updating us about what they were doing with the patches (at least the second one) for Lock-On. That is how it should work in my opinion and I can€t understand why UBI choose not to do the same with SH3. It kept people more at ease knowing that a patch was in work.

bweiss
04-03-2005, 07:19 AM
Most likely too busy working on it to talk all about it the way I figure.

S_Z
04-03-2005, 07:40 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by bweiss:
Most likely too busy working on it to talk all about it the way I figure. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>They should have people, non-developers, handling communication with the community.

bweiss
04-03-2005, 07:42 AM
Then the game would cost more and ever one would be shouting about that. Okay, I'll fill in.

Their working on it. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

S_Z
04-03-2005, 07:58 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by bweiss:
Then the game would cost more and ever one would be shouting about that. Okay, I'll fill in.

Their working on it. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>It would be worth it IMO. They had it for Lock-On, why not for SH3? Matt(at the time working for UBI) and Carl(at the time working for ED) did a great job updating us.

Beuf_Ninja
04-03-2005, 08:03 AM
I think the consensus from these forums are that the "whiners", myself included, love this game but are a little unsettled by the 3 weeks of total information vacuum that has occurred. If you read what is written rather than spewing forth some kneejerk fanboy reaction you see all theses people love this game and we just want some reassurances! Just tell us your making it right devs we're patient people, but even saints have their breaking point!

bweiss
04-03-2005, 08:30 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>spewing forth some kneejerk fanboy reaction <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Ah, and you was doing so well up to that point. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Now be a good ladd there and the patch will be along before you know it.

Simmoxx
04-03-2005, 08:59 AM
ive worn the wheels off the game
havent played it in over a week.
everyone has the right to complain about an average quality piece of software.
on the other hand some havent any issues with it at all,and are happy,always two sides to the coin

in my case i have other titles to play and my gaming time is important to me,that i dont want to spend alot of time on a game that is unreliable,and frankly missing some of the detail i thought would be included.

however,i may be tempted to try again when another patch is released,until then ill probably just shelve it with the hordes of other games i never play anymore.
after 30 odd patrols i think ive seen what the game has to offer and am quite content to move on.
its not the worst game ive ever bought http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

bweiss
04-03-2005, 09:00 AM
Nice emblem Simmoxx. I used to fly with III/JG11 in the old days on EAW. ~S!

Simmoxx
04-03-2005, 09:08 AM
thanks mate,it is rather attractive isnt it,,http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

ive only been with JG11 since IL2fb
drop us a line if your in need of a squadhttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
III/JG11 (http://www.jg11.com)
Cheers

gnolam
04-03-2005, 11:02 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by S_Z:
In that case I think you forgot how things were just after the release of Lock-On http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif Just do a search on patch 1.01 for example and you will find there were _alot_ of bugs. Just look at the size of the fix list http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif Or read some reviews. I remember the game getting not that great score by many game sites and one reason was the many bugs (another was the poor frame rate).

One major issue for example was the radar (especially for the F-15) and the AIM-120 performance. I chose not to even fly the F-15 until the game was patched. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
As I recall, most of that was just a bunch of yanks whining that their precious F-15 didn't live up to its hyped performance specs... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif
(and then they nerfed the Russian ECM... the bastards http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I do think Eagle Dynamics made a great work with the patches though. Not only did they fix bugs but they added a lot of features to the game. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
I completely disagree. The patches were more or less pure bug fixes. IL-2's patches added features like there was no tomorrow - LO-MAC's just fixed bugs and tweaked the behaviour of already existing features.

bweiss
04-03-2005, 12:25 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>drop us a line if your in need of a squad <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
I'll keep it in mind. I haven't flown online for a long while, but have broadband now so perhaps I'll get the itch soon. I used to fly Red Baron 3D too, another incredible game for the day.

Bob_Gilroy
04-03-2005, 12:44 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Alarrrmmmm:
well you come on here, **** the people off. you have no right. just shut up and leave. you know how hard it is to make a game like this? if so, respect them. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No right? Of course he has, he paid for this game. They should have spent another month or two polishing this game, the game is great, nice depth, good graphics, detail etc.. But all of the glitches and bugs are annoying. If it isn't worth doing right, it isn't worth doing...

S_Z
04-03-2005, 12:53 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by gnolam:
As I recall, most of that was just a bunch of yanks whining that their precious F-15 didn't live up to its hyped performance specs... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif
(and then they nerfed the Russian ECM... the bastards http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif)
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, it was definitely not all whining. It did have issues. I€m a Swede myself so I don€t care much if the F-15 was inferior to the Russian Su-27/33 or not but we had a guy on a Swedish sim forum that was a beta tester for Look-On and I followed the talk about the F-15 closely over there.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by gnolam:
I completely disagree. The patches were more or less pure bug fixes. IL-2's patches added features like there was no tomorrow - LO-MAC's just fixed bugs and tweaked the behaviour of already existing features. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

They completely remade the radar warning system for both Russian and American planes making them more realistic, they added new bombing modes CCRP (for both Russian and American planes). They change how the gun on the A-10 worked, now have one trigger for the gun and one for missiles so that you could use the gun and missiles at the same time like you could on the real aircraft. Those are a few of the new features they added to the game in patches. You may call that tweaking but that is alot tweaking that they would not have needed to do if they didn€t want to. I€m very glad they did.

CRULL
04-03-2005, 06:29 PM
I admit there are a few problems, but some of you are making it seem like there are problems that keep you from playing it. I haven't had one CTD.
That's why I think some of you are acting way too spoiled. Just about every game I have ever played since the early 80's has had a few bugs.
So there is nothing new there. None of the bugs actually keep you from playing as far as I know. Then I could understand the desire for a fix, but most have work arounds for now.
They also have shown they give a **** by the patch they came out with right away.
Software such as this will never be released totally bug free. If you think that then your living in a fantasy world and don't know all that much about programming.