PDA

View Full Version : Ping number

pilot_p-38
07-19-2006, 09:24 AM
Hello

How can I change the ping number? I have been traying to connect to my friends to play via internet (Hiperlobby) but sometimes it works and some don't. What can I do?

Thank you

pilot_p-38
07-19-2006, 09:24 AM
Hello

How can I change the ping number? I have been traying to connect to my friends to play via internet (Hiperlobby) but sometimes it works and some don't. What can I do?

Thank you

dieg777
07-19-2006, 12:42 PM
your ping is dependent on what method you use to connect to the internet- e.g. 56k modem or ISDN or broadband, and your provider and how many connections it takes to link you to the server you wish to play on .

You can improve your ping by making sure you have fast broadband, a good ISP and playing on a server close to home- also make sure that you configure your internet settings in hardware in the game to match what type of connection you have.

If you are playing through a router make sure it is configured correctly and set up any firewalls correctly to allow you to play

good luck

IAFS_Painter
07-19-2006, 04:10 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">also make sure that you configure your internet settings in hardware in the game to match what type of connection you have </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There is an argument for setting in-game (hardware) network speed to 56k (Modem), whatever connection type you have.

This allows your CPU to concentrate on handling the game, rather than spending time generating net-work packets.

B16Enk
07-21-2006, 09:00 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by IAFS_Painter:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">also make sure that you configure your internet settings in hardware in the game to match what type of connection you have </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There is an argument for setting in-game (hardware) network speed to 56k (Modem), whatever connection type you have.

This allows your CPU to concentrate on handling the game, rather than spending time generating net-work packets. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Indeed, and it would also appear to work.
We in the DD's (and our HH brethren when they join us) recently experimented with he 56k setting after experiencing bad lag.

So far it has proved to cure lag nicely when all (including host) configure for 56k....

BBloke
07-23-2006, 08:01 AM
Hi B16,

Been saying the same for long enough, although I've seen different opinions posted around here.

Some say setting server to higher setting but thorttling clients to a lower one helps in "bottleneck" & "bandwidth bombs!".

Hey, know anyone with a GF4.. mine... er yours went supernova last week http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Seriously looking at a new card to replace my 9800XT shame I'm stuck on AGP http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif