PDA

View Full Version : How to defeat The Warrior, City of Lights

randall9127
12-23-2008, 02:15 PM
I am frustrated, read the thread on Defeating the Warrior but it is not helping. Geez, I was having fun with this game up until this point, but I might have to toss the game. Really, I just can not be clicking the mouse or keyboard for an hour or more to kill The Warrior if that is what it takes-- I don't care to have another case of tendonitis carpel tunnel and all that, not worth it for a fricken game. SO is there any way to defeat The Warrior other than an hour of key tapping and mouse clicking? If that is what it is going to take then the developers of this game really erred in game development.

randall9127
12-23-2008, 02:15 PM
I am frustrated, read the thread on Defeating the Warrior but it is not helping. Geez, I was having fun with this game up until this point, but I might have to toss the game. Really, I just can not be clicking the mouse or keyboard for an hour or more to kill The Warrior if that is what it takes-- I don't care to have another case of tendonitis carpel tunnel and all that, not worth it for a fricken game. SO is there any way to defeat The Warrior other than an hour of key tapping and mouse clicking? If that is what it is going to take then the developers of this game really erred in game development.

fahRENheit2006
12-23-2008, 02:21 PM
Rapid button tapping is the only way to defeat him. Only when he's close to the edge and he's about to goosh you with his fat foot, then Elika swoops in and you have to push him back with the mad button tapping.

Sorry mate. Only way.

randall9127
12-23-2008, 02:50 PM
F&*k. Yeah I was at that point several times, and was clicking my mouse like crazy. Nothing. Well if that is the way it is seriously not to sound like a whiner but physically my tendons in my hand just can not take that. What the heck, does Ubisoft own a bunch of physical therapy clinics or what?! I guess I will have to delete the game off my computer and sell it; I really was enjoying the game up to this point, this really stinks.

sunil.harris
12-23-2008, 11:07 PM
I had the same problem to... Following helps

1. Use middle finger (no pun intended)
2. Tense your forearm muscles so hard that your hand starts to shake
3. Place the finger on the button

I aint joking - this actually works for me !!!

randall9127
12-24-2008, 11:15 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sunil.harris:
I had the same problem to... Following helps
1. Use middle finger (no pun intended)
2. Tense your forearm muscles so hard that your hand starts to shake
3. Place the finger on the button
I aint joking - this actually works for me !!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, it worked! My friend, an xbox/wii gamer, stopped over today and killed the fricken Warrior hulk by doing exactly what you said; it actually did not take him that long, maybe a few minutes, doing exactly what you said! He kept clicking the L mouse button (PC version of game) rapidly using two alternating fingers. I just could not figure out what to do prior to that and this thread, because Elika kept saying to "Push!" and WTF what does that mean?!?!? Push?!? The L mouse is for sword attacks, and if anything the R key is for push, at least that keyboard button was used to "push" the lever outside the Temple to open the Temple doors earlier. Who'd of thunk to press rapid as lightning the L mouse button rather than the R key on the kbd? Well I can keep the game now, I will likely be back for help on the next big nasty, but geez, really, up until this point the bad guys were so easy to kill or repel, what is up with such a fricken hard monster all of a sudden? Seems a flaw in game design imho.

Thank you all for the help here!

MinscTheHunter
12-25-2008, 04:48 AM
I experimented a bit with some advice I found here on the forum, and they are right... you do NOT have to hit the button like a madman, just in sync with the blue button displayed on the screen (timing is everything). That makes the warrior fights so much easier...

Wolferion
12-25-2008, 06:06 AM
Yeap, that's a nice written advice. I laughed at guys that told they had to push X so much or such. I have PC version, all you need is actually timing. The way I did deal with him is that I walked to the place where I had throw him, used an acrobatic attack ( he jumps between his legs and then hits his legs ), now you have him in front and just need to use Elika or front attack to get him to the edge, then, you have to click fast the primary attack button to overpower him and he's flying down http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

djpetebrown
12-26-2008, 03:52 PM
just did this, push to edge of cliff then rapidly hit the X (xbox gamers) button like you've never togled before and he's destroyed.....

job done ;-)

randall9127
12-26-2008, 04:00 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by djpetebrown:
just did this, push to edge of cliff then rapidly hit the X (xbox gamers) button like you've never togled before and he's destroyed...job done ;-) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well that is the problem, "push"??? There is no push button when playing with PC and mouse and keyboard. That is the confusing part of the fight, when told to push.

I went elsewhere in the world and fought the Alchemist, Concubine, Hunter, not too hard really. My luck before when I chose this hulk Warrior for my first fight. I am back now to try and take him on (tomorrow), hope some tips here help. Could use some help though on WTF it means to "push" since I have no push button.

Metathronxyz
12-26-2008, 04:55 PM
Honestly, I had no problem defeating the first warrior you meet in the game (or maybe that depends on what order you choose to play the levels in), precisely because you can "push" him off the ledge; by which is meant I guess that you hit him several times near the edge of the ledge that he falls off, not that there's a specific push button. I am a total klutz when it comes to these action sequences - I just pressed the four buttons (left and right mouse, E and R) in an almost random fashion and had no special problems with any enemies so far.

None except the big warrior guy in the Tower of Ormazd. Unfortunately for me, you can't "push" him anywhere here, you have to lure him to three pillars so they crash upon him. This finally requires some kind of technique, not just random pushing of buttons, so I am hopelessly stuck.

So please anyone, if you've got any hints or advice on how to deal with this enemy (specifically what and when to press), I'd be more than grateful, because this game rocks aside from this scene (and perhaps some other ones further on, though I hope not).

randall9127
12-26-2008, 05:09 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by djpetebrown:
just did this, push to edge of cliff then rapidly hit the X (xbox gamers) button like you've never togled before and he's destroyed.....

job done ;-) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is fricken demoralizing, I just can not push that fricken hulk Warrior over the edge. It seems to defy fricken logic!!!!!!! I get him to the edge, Elika casting magic, me whacking him, she says Push! and I click my left mouse button (attack) and the Warrior just will not go over the edge! This really sucks big time. Who the frick designed this game flaw?!?!?! Royally sucks.

randall9127
12-26-2008, 05:28 PM
Unfricken real, I knocked the Warrior over the edge!!!!! how? I remembered what a poster said here in this thread about timing the push (attack) to the blinking attack button cue on the screen when Elika and I had the Warrior up near the edge. I tried my best to time my clicking (not really that fast actually) to that blinking icon glyph and it fricken worked! Thanks all for helping me through this!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">...This is fricken demoralizing, I just can not push that fricken hulk Warrior over the edge. It seems to defy fricken logic!!!!!!! I get him to the edge, Elika casting magic, me whacking him, she says Push! and I click my left mouse button (attack) and the Warrior just will not go over the edge! This really sucks big time. Who the frick designed this game flaw?!?!?! Royally sucks. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

killaboi687
12-29-2008, 02:04 AM
hey guys.....there is a huge warrior in the city of lights , in which elika told u that we cannot defeat him instead we have to trap him behind teh bars???how do u defeat that one? any hints?? am tired of trying ....i puched him inside but is there a key or button that u have to push to lock him in?please advice

killaboi687
12-29-2008, 02:12 AM
damn, this definitely sucks ....how do u beat all the enemies in the city of lights ( in teh far right of the map) they wont get damaged? this is definitely stupid!!!!! anybody knows how do do that ?