PDA

View Full Version : Issue with MP mode - Attack does nothing.

SNIPER231JRC
04-12-2011, 10:06 PM
Well I completed my campaign and the addon mission which was great, but now I have an issue when I try MP.

I have it setup to lock my camera vs me having to find and press "\"

Here is my key configuration which I always use for every single game I play.

This allows me to be on target and engaging very fast since every function is on the mouse.

This configuration worked beautifully in the sp of the game, but in MP for some stupid reason I press attack and nothing happens. Eventhough I am using the same configuration.

I can run right up to guy click left mouse many times (nothing) and somehow the other guy still kills me, but I see others are able to kill non-stop. I can even attack from behind and click multiple times and still nothing happens. I finally just gave up, because I got sick of the thing not attacking my target.

Up, Down, Left, Right
Mouse 0 - Attack
Mouse 1 - Dodge/Secondary Weapon/Aim Down Sights
Mouse 2 - Grab/Crouch
Mouse 3 - Hidden Blade/Interact
Mouse 4 - Sword/Melee/Throw Grenade

Enter - Walk/Run Toggle
Right Shift - Jump
J - Lean Left
H - Lean Right
A- Stand Up
Z- Prone
G - Throw Grenade
\ - Lock Onto Target
Backspace - Perform Coop Function (Splinter Cell)

As you can see the other keys are in easy spots to press without looking at the keyboard at all.

Movement keys and mouse only makes for a quick kill combo.

SNIPER231JRC
04-12-2011, 10:06 PM
Well I completed my campaign and the addon mission which was great, but now I have an issue when I try MP.

This allows me to be on target and engaging very fast since every function is on the mouse.

This configuration worked beautifully in the sp of the game, but in MP for some stupid reason I press attack and nothing happens. Eventhough I am using the same configuration.

I can run right up to guy click left mouse many times (nothing) and somehow the other guy still kills me, but I see others are able to kill non-stop. I can even attack from behind and click multiple times and still nothing happens. I finally just gave up, because I got sick of the thing not attacking my target.

Up, Down, Left, Right
Mouse 0 - Attack
Mouse 2 - Grab/Crouch

Enter - Walk/Run Toggle
Right Shift - Jump
J - Lean Left
H - Lean Right
A- Stand Up
Z- Prone
G - Throw Grenade
\ - Lock Onto Target

As you can see the other keys are in easy spots to press without looking at the keyboard at all.

Movement keys and mouse only makes for a quick kill combo.

Lord_Ethcaz
04-13-2011, 01:31 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SNIPER231JRC:

Up, Down, Left, Right
Mouse 0 - Attack
Mouse 2 - Grab/Crouch

Enter - Walk/Run Toggle
Right Shift - Jump
J - Lean Left
H - Lean Right
A- Stand Up
Z- Prone
G - Throw Grenade
\ - Lock Onto Target

Movement keys and mouse only makes for a quick kill combo. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Have you tried learning default controls? Does it attack when referting controls back to default and you use your mousebutton then?

I must say, I don't like your configuration one bit... You walk around using the arrow keys? Use the mouse for the attacks. But that second list is just a bunch of random keys...
For AC you only need 4 keys, next to the WSAD-directional keys. You need your 2 abilities, Q and E are great for those. And you need your stun - shift - and your free run/fast walk = space.
I don't get all them other buttons, and I don't get why someone would want to change from the default anyway, since the default setup is perfectly located. I mean, you only have 2 hands right? How are you gonna look around, walk around and run and jump at the same time with that setup? I'd need 3 hands, one for the mouse, one for directions and one to press enter and right shift... Makes no sense...