PDA

View Full Version : Recommendations please for best sound card for this game. X-Fi Gamer,Music or other?

Mysticpuma2003
05-18-2007, 05:23 PM
Looking to buy a new sound card for my system that is currently running an Audigy 2.

My system is Core 2 Duo 6700, Nvidia 7900 GTO, Asus P5N32-E SLi, 4GB OCZ 8500 memory and Thermaltake Toughpower 850 Watt PSU.

I have seen various reviews of the above cards, but would like advice from you lot, as to which of the above (or maybe another one), would be best for this (and a best guess) for BoB.

Would anyone out there care to offer some advice, which will be greatly appreciated?

Thanks, MP.

Mysticpuma2003
05-18-2007, 05:23 PM
Looking to buy a new sound card for my system that is currently running an Audigy 2.

My system is Core 2 Duo 6700, Nvidia 7900 GTO, Asus P5N32-E SLi, 4GB OCZ 8500 memory and Thermaltake Toughpower 850 Watt PSU.

I have seen various reviews of the above cards, but would like advice from you lot, as to which of the above (or maybe another one), would be best for this (and a best guess) for BoB.

Would anyone out there care to offer some advice, which will be greatly appreciated?

Thanks, MP.

Huxley_S
05-18-2007, 05:41 PM
Oh movie maker extaordinaire http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

My advice would be to wait until SoW because the IL2 engine is still running on EAX2 and the new creative cards use EAX5.

Quite a few dudes have posted with weird sound problems with the new cards because IL2 just isn't built to exploit them.

Your best bet would be an X=Fi Extreme Gamer OEM from overclockers.co.uk but why not wait until BoB comes out and buy it for a few sovereigns less.

VMF-214_HaVoK
05-18-2007, 05:54 PM
I got a X-FI extreme. I upgraded from a Audigy and got a nice performance bump in all games. The sound it second to none. They have come way down in price and in my opinion any serious gamer owes it to themselves to grab one. Highly recommend it.

Mysticpuma2003
05-18-2007, 11:42 PM
Thanks for the feedback Huxley and Havok.

Huxley, the thing is I have some wedge burning a hole in my pocket....and...even when BoB comes out, I'll still have IL2 on my system, so if I get it now or later, it doesn't make a difference (apart from a few pennies).

Havok...there are various cards listed Extreme Gamer and Extreme Music and the same but with the Fatal1ty text added.

Which of these are you suggesting?

Again, thanks for your replies, MP.

VMF-214_HaVoK
05-19-2007, 01:06 AM
I have the Gamer but I dont think the Music is much different. Personally I would not waste all that money on the Fatality. Your in the UK right? Well you probably cant order from www.newegg.com (http://www.newegg.com) but you can certainly look up both products and read the user reviews for each of them. Im sure there are hundreds of them. Probably more then anywhere else.