PDA

View Full Version : Aiming at specific parts of the boat - how to?

Grocs
06-18-2005, 06:46 PM
Hi all,

I'm still learning this game - I'm on 94% diff but I still have the weapon officer doing all the torpedo calculations. I have a couple of questions I am hoping someone out there can help me with.

I use lock to keep the ship locked on - when I tell the weapon officer to come up with a solution he does so. Does that mean he has created a solution where I've locked on (ie - the middle of the ship)? If I unlock and move the crosshairs to point at the stern of the boat does that mean the torpedo will actually hit the stern of the boat or the middle of it (according to the solution)?

I hear people saying they aim at specific parts of the boat - does this mean u have to build a solution on that specific part? Can u actually lock on to other parts of the boat instead of just the middle?

Thanks for your help...

Karamon.

Grocs
06-18-2005, 06:46 PM
Hi all,

I'm still learning this game - I'm on 94% diff but I still have the weapon officer doing all the torpedo calculations. I have a couple of questions I am hoping someone out there can help me with.

I use lock to keep the ship locked on - when I tell the weapon officer to come up with a solution he does so. Does that mean he has created a solution where I've locked on (ie - the middle of the ship)? If I unlock and move the crosshairs to point at the stern of the boat does that mean the torpedo will actually hit the stern of the boat or the middle of it (according to the solution)?

I hear people saying they aim at specific parts of the boat - does this mean u have to build a solution on that specific part? Can u actually lock on to other parts of the boat instead of just the middle?

Thanks for your help...

Karamon.

Mon Pavion
06-18-2005, 07:07 PM
I believe you simply adjust the gyro(AoB) angle a little forward, or a little backward to aim at specific parts of the ship.

GT182
06-18-2005, 07:32 PM
General_D, isn't there a way when you installed the Recognition Mod, where by you clicked on the part of the ship in question(in color), that it sent the torpedo to that spot. Not sure if it only works using the Weapons Officer to setup the shot or if it also works doing in manually.

I don't have the Recognition Mod installed so I can't say for sure. Maybe someone that does can tell Karamon_Kaos.

Mon Pavion
06-18-2005, 08:29 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GT182:
General_D, isn't there a way when you installed the Recognition Mod, where by you clicked on the part of the ship in question(in color), that it sent the torpedo to that spot. Not sure if it only works using the Weapons Officer to setup the shot or if it also works doing in manually.

I don't have the Recognition Mod installed so I can't say for sure. Maybe someone that does can tell Karamon_Kaos. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

..ummm..im not real sure. havent heard that before, nor do i have that recongnition manual installed.

StgShultz
06-18-2005, 09:37 PM
If you use the lock it will aim the torp at the middle of the ship. To aim at elsewhere unlock, open outer doors & move cross hairs. Then press green tube button 1-5 (sending targeting info to computer) then fire.
At least this is what I do but I am playing at 30%

W.Irving
06-19-2005, 02:16 AM
The TDC calculates where the boat will intersect with the torpedo at a certain angle. I suppose Locking on to a ship, asking the weapons officer for a solution, then unlocking and re-aiming the scope would throw off the torpedo minimally.
AOB and speed would still be the same, but the range could differ slightly.
All theoretically, of course.

As the General and Shultz pointed out, you can point the scope at a ship (no need to lock even), request a solution, then fire your torpedo (open doors first) and it'll hit right where you were aiming.
The solution, as always, is only 100% valid for a little while if you or your target is moving.