PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Pan View

eindh
01-11-2005, 08:21 AM
I sent this to PF@1c.ru before Christmas, but since I haven't got any answer, I'll post it here.

I don't know if it's something specific with my system, but it happens with AEP and PF, even after reinstalling completely the system.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Since I bought a simped pedals (usb) I've had some issues with the "Pan View Up" command. The x-45 I also have is detected as the second device, and all is configured according to that.

If I program the hat of the x-45 as the Pov, it doesn't works. If you press it, the head doesn't moves. If you are looking somewhere, the view doesn't recenters after pressing it. I don't know if it's a limitation of your game or directx.

If I program the hat as 8 buttons and assign to each button the associated "Pan View xxxx" command, "Pan View Up" doesn't works. I thought on using the keyboard (with the default key assignments), but it still doesn't works! Looking at the controls screen all seems correct, as reading the users' settings.ini. After playing a while with the keys, it seems that the num pad 5 has got assigned the "Pan View Up" command, and the num pad 8 has got the "Center View", even when the config files doesn't say so (they have the default keys: 8 up, 5 center)!

All this happens with an x45 with drivers 3.2.0.18 and an evo with drivers 4.3.3.1727. Windows XP Professional + SP2. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Anyone else with this problem?

Bearcat99
01-11-2005, 02:46 PM
There is nothing wrong with the sim. I suggest you use the profiling software that came with your X-45 and assign the orange button on the trottle.... te little one as a mouse. That way you will get smooth panning all around. Also I suggest you assign a key on the hat switch to recenter view. Thats it. I use my hat switces as 4 way switches at the 12,3,6 & 9 oclock positions. You might want to assign one of the hat's 6 oclock to the center view. Go to the controls men u and assign as much as you can. Give it a key stroke and use the profiling software to assign a stick function to a the key strokes youcreate. Keep in mind that you can eliminate several preset keystrokes since they will be assigned in the HOTAS menu... like Power,Trim,Prop pitch etc. Hit the Sturmovik Essentials link in my sig to download Adlabs' X 45 profile... or you can also find any post by Tully... he's the joystick man.

eindh
01-11-2005, 03:33 PM
I already know all that :P (Thanks anyway.)

(I use the hat to quickly move to some position, and the mouse cursor for finer movement.)

The problem is still there. I don't know if it's because of some strange thing in my computer, or it's some bug...