PDA

View Full Version : *Spoilers* Assassin's Creed: Lineage (Short Film)

Confusious30
11-11-2009, 10:10 PM
The whole thing is premiering on Spike TV, are you watching?

Looks great.

EDIT:

Here are youtube links to all three parts.

Part 1:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqGk33RAZA8

Part 2:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxX-NvRHy4Y

Part 3:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYDHBHYAKYw

Confusious30
11-11-2009, 10:10 PM
The whole thing is premiering on Spike TV, are you watching?

Looks great.

EDIT:

Part 1:

Part 2:

Part 3:

nicky117
11-11-2009, 10:15 PM
i am now, thanks for telling [gives gold coin]

Phobos14
11-11-2009, 10:16 PM
I am watching in the dark cant see the keyboard i am typing pretty good okay back to the first part cant wait for the new stuff!!!!!

Phobos14
11-11-2009, 10:52 PM
Borgia scum, cant even fight, what a coward

Confusious30
11-11-2009, 11:00 PM
Wow, that was REALLY good. I can't believe the game is only five days away from being released. I need it nooooow!

agentpoop
11-11-2009, 11:04 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">ply </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
it was good but the hood kinda bothered me cause it didnt have the same shape as ezio or altair's......

Mcmole2
11-11-2009, 11:05 PM
That was pretty good. Can they just go ahead and make the movie now or later?

Edengoth
11-11-2009, 11:05 PM
I hate to admit it, but I was largely underwhelmed. Maybe it's because it dragged out too long. If that had gone at normal speed, it would have lasted about 20 minutes.

But mostly, I think I'm having a fanboy attack since the stealth blade was totally misused every time. He used it like a small knife, not like a STEALTH blade, always whipping it out to threaten people, and slashing with it...so un-Assassiney.

I dunno. It wasn't bad. It wasn't Altair's Chronicles or anything. But I wouldn't miss it if it disappeared.

Edit: Oh, and yes that hood was bugging the crap out of me.

Crash_Plague
11-11-2009, 11:06 PM
just ended, was awesome!!

The ending was kinda....cliff hanger-ish I suppose....

But still, loved it!!

CRUDFACE
11-11-2009, 11:07 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Confusious30:
Wow, that was REALLY good. I can't believe the game is only five days away from being released. I need it nooooow! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, it REALLY was better than I thaought and I like how they let on to things in AC-2, like the blade and who the bad guy is. tHey even revamped the listening missions...wonder if they're going to be like that for the game?

Now that I've seen that, I think it'd be cool to have a mission as Giovanni for downloadable content.

Phobos14
11-11-2009, 11:26 PM
Why? He doesn't have a hidden blade anymore http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Stevenk614
11-11-2009, 11:47 PM
Giovanni's blade was broken during the fight in Rome....probably why Leonardo has to repair like the trailer showed...maybe not....

the amolang
11-12-2009, 12:10 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by nateoak10:
it was good but the hood kinda bothered me cause it didnt have the same shape as ezio or altair's...... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I haven't seen the second or third part but I sooo agree with you after seeing the first part, it annoyed me a lot. the major part of the vid that made me think it was meh. but it was still interesting, just not done as good as it could have been.

Irvinlr
11-12-2009, 12:13 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Stevenk614:
Giovanni's blade was broken during the fight in Rome....probably why Leonardo has to repair like the trailer showed...maybe not.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree with you. This is probably the reason Leonardo fixes the blade in the game. As far as Lineage goes, it was great although I did had to stand next to the tv cause everyone in the house was sleeping. lol.

florisz1990
11-12-2009, 12:19 AM
Put "Spoilers" in the title ^^

I didn't want to know something broke somewhere http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

poasis
11-12-2009, 12:50 AM
Arg... my college doesnt have spike tv.

Anyone know when/where I can catch the rest of lineage? I already saw part 1

LaurenIsSoMosh
11-12-2009, 12:53 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Edengoth:
the stealth blade was totally misused every time. He used it like a small knife, not like a STEALTH blade, always whipping it out to threaten people, and slashing with it...so un-Assassiney. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>While using it in fights is warranted and Assassiney in my opinion (since, after all, that's what blades are for), I couldn't agree with you more about its misuse for making threats and showing off.

In Part One at the end of the fight scene, he knocks the fallen dude's weapon away with his own sword and sticks it in the guy's face. Then what does he do? He whips out his hidden blade to say, "yeah, check out my cool toy." Point taken, literally. He then puts away his hidden blade, and immediately following that he pulls out a dagger and puts it to the guy's throat. And I'm asking myself, "why? Why?! Why does he need to stick three different blades in that guy's face over the course of ten seconds?" A fourth one should have been stuck in his face for good measure, just to make sure he understood that his life was at stake.

The novelty of the hidden blade is that it's supposed to be hidden. Being able to kill somebody with it depends a good bit on their unsuspecting of the Assassin's arm having a blade on it. Needless to say, revealing it to somebody while they're fifteen yards away means they'll have their guard up against what otherwise could have come across as a disarmed arm.

*sigh* I enjoyed the story greatly, but those kinds of things really took away from the entertainment, sadly.

PlagueDoctor357
11-12-2009, 02:29 AM
I liked it although I found it cheese they tried to show off tons of gameplay elements.

First off for those complaining about the hidden blades, it's because that's a new gameplay element.

Ezio can actually swing and attack hearing swords connect on the game with the hidden blade like its a dagger or something.

Then he drops a coin and hidden blades the guy when he could of just walked up and did it super fast like Altair does in low profile mode.

Then in the final fight he gets his sword knocked out of his hands for the sole purpose of showing him disarm a guy just to show off a little bit of gameplay in the movie again.

At least that's how I seen it anyway haha. Still a decent watch though!

Choopius
11-12-2009, 02:50 AM
POSSIBLE SPOILER IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN "LINEAGE" YET....

Iwas VERY well done for what it was. Even though Giovanni seems relatively unskilled for a lifelong assassin.

But where's the rest?

I mean, I stayed up until 1am to see a story that is basically a TEASE?? It would have been nice if it had an actual end instead of that "The conclusion is in your hands" garbage. Why make 3/4's of a movie?

Also did he forget about his youngest son? At the end he says Frederico and Ezio always remember you are assassins. Petruccio?? Hello?? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Mcmole2
11-12-2009, 04:12 AM
I wouldn't exactly say Giovanni was unskilled. He handled himself very well throughout all of the fights. The very last one, that was totally set up as a teaser. I was watching it with my roommate, and we are bother very closely paying attention to AC2 gameplay videos. As soon as I saw the various weapons, I called that he would lose his sword and use their weapons, just to give us a taste of what the combat will be in the game. As for having the dagger broken, you will learn that's part of the game's plot.

the amolang
11-12-2009, 06:04 AM
I want to watch this pretty badly right now... when is it coming to youtube??? (please let it come fast!)

actingbiz1
11-12-2009, 08:57 AM
I am so mad right now that we don't get SPIKE tv at school, and somehow the whole world decided not to put the whole thing online. NO WHERE is it on the internet, nor is there ANY information as to when it will be posted online. It's like it's a freakin secret... This is so annoying.... haha

poasis
11-12-2009, 10:08 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by actingbiz1:
I am so mad right now that we don't get SPIKE tv at school, and somehow the whole world decided not to put the whole thing online. NO WHERE is it on the internet, nor is there ANY information as to when it will be posted online. It's like it's a freakin secret... This is so annoying.... haha </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I couldn't agree more. I NEED TO SEE THIS NOW

Choopius
11-12-2009, 10:13 AM
I feel bad for those of you that didn't get to see it last night and I know I'd be going crazy if I didn't get SPIKE TV so if you give me a few minutes to finish my morning work here at the office I'll give you guys a rundown of the story.

Back in 30mins or so. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

bimbocakes
11-12-2009, 10:23 AM
Those who did see it you guys notice Ezio's Destiny trailer had some new scenes added? EPIC http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gif for lineage and UBI

An_Idea
11-12-2009, 10:38 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Edengoth:
I hate to admit it, but I was largely underwhelmed. Maybe it's because it dragged out too long. If that had gone at normal speed, it would have lasted about 20 minutes.

But mostly, I think I'm having a fanboy attack since the stealth blade was totally misused every time. He used it like a small knife, not like a STEALTH blade, always whipping it out to threaten people, and slashing with it...so un-Assassiney.

I dunno. It wasn't bad. It wasn't Altair's Chronicles or anything. But I wouldn't miss it if it disappeared.

Edit: Oh, and yes that hood was bugging the crap out of me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

btw ezio uses the blade like a little sword not like altair used it

Choopius
11-12-2009, 11:50 AM
"LINEAGE" PLOT LINE BELOW.....

So you've all seen part one so I'll pick up where part 2 begins.

Zoom into Venice over St. Mark's Square. Giovanni is walking along the waterfront in front of Doges Palace. He drops a coin and when the guard picks it up he is "hidden-bladded". "G" ducks into the palace courtyard and overhears someone that I assume to be the Doge of Venice give instructions to a messenger about delivering a letter.

Cut to G running along the rooftops following the messenger. G drops down (very loudly and un-assassiny) and attacks the messenger. Gets worked over pretty good but ends up bladding the dude in the neck.

Cut to Florence where G delivers the letter to Lorenzo De Medici and his "consigilere" where they discover that the letter is encodded. The consigliere asks two monks that have taken a vow of silence to decode the letter.

The letter is decoded, but we don't know what it says. The consigliere lies to G and Medici and tells them that they couldn't decode it. The consigliere decides to make a duplicate letter. G offers to deliver it to Rome since he heard the Doge give the delivery instructions, and because he's a badass.

PART 3:

Soaring over Rome we go, past the Colosseum with the new St. Peters being built in the distance. We find G stalking the streets and handing off the letter to the man the Dodge was speaking of. Here they take a page out of The Thomas Crown Affair and do the "mix-n-match". handing the letter off multiple times to multiple people along the street. Somehow G sees the ultimate recipient is none other than Rodrigo Borgia who takes the letter to Vatican City and delivers it to The Pope.

The Pope promises Borgia his army to "help" the people of Florence. (Not sure how invading Florence is supposed to help but that's neither here nor there.)

Cut to the interior of the currently in construction St. Peter's Basilica where we find G walking around asking clergymen if they saw Borgia come in. One member of the clergy cryptically tells G something like "if you look hard enough you'll find what you need". Fortunately for G though all he has to do is walk around a statue to find Borgia eating an apple (symbolism much?) and just hanging out. The two have a mostly useless conversation consisting of what amounts to "I'm right" "no I'm right" "no I'm right" "Join me you could kill a bunch of people" "No thanks I'd rather just kill you" "Not unless you kill these 8 other guys first".

So the 8 or so other dudes attack G and he alternates between looking badass and getting his *** kicked. At one point his hidden blade flys off and I assume you'll probably have to go find it in St. Peter's Basilica in the game so that should be pretty awesome. G then goes into a showcase of moves from the game and obviously ends up winning but gets a flying dagger to the chest from Borgia in the process.

Cut to Mrs. Auditore bandaging up G in the family palazzo in Florence. Frederico comes in and tells them that Medici's men are downstairs, have weapons, and are looking for G. G tells Fred that he's the oldest and therefore must buy him some time to escape.

Off G goes to his hidden fireplace room and out a back door. During his escape he sees Ezio hitting on a chick and then he disappears into the night. In a voice over he says "Frederico and Ezio always remember you are assassins." Obviously forgetting that he actually has a third son.

The screen fades out and the last thing we see is: "The conclusion.... is in your hands"

3 days!! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

Morf113
11-12-2009, 12:02 PM
Amazing, but what about Part 3?

Choopius
11-12-2009, 12:21 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Morf113:
Amazing, but what about Part 3? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That is both part 2 and 3, sorry I wasn't more clear. There wasn't really an actual ending unfortunately. I just added a header showing where Part 3 begins though.

Mcmole2
11-12-2009, 12:37 PM
Yeah, it is rather unfortunate that there wasn't a definite ending to Lineage, but I guess that's a necessary evil to start out the game.

Morf113
11-12-2009, 12:45 PM
Sorry didn't see that Choopius,

Xanatos2007
11-12-2009, 01:08 PM
I think you mean "third child", Ezio's younger sister.

Phobos14
11-12-2009, 01:25 PM
I am pretty sure they didnt make 3/4 of a movie as it is suppose to lead into the game and we will probably start off in the game, in the animus close to where the movie left off. Where it is in our hands...

Choopius
11-12-2009, 01:46 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Xanatos2007:
I think you mean "third child", Ezio's younger sister. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, I'm pretty sure Ezio has a little brother named Petruchio.

Morf113
11-12-2009, 01:57 PM
Yeah he does have a little brother seen it myself in the illegal copy of the game.

Daxtrius
11-12-2009, 01:59 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Choopius:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Xanatos2007:
I think you mean "third child", Ezio's younger sister. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, I'm pretty sure Ezio has a little brother named Petruchio. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

As far as I know he has 4 kids: Frederico, Ezio, Claudia and Petruchio, I think

Mcmole2
11-12-2009, 05:07 PM
Yeah, Ezio does have a younger brother named Petruchio
The 4 siblings are (in order of oldest to youngest) Frederico, Ezio, Claudia, Petruccio.

JudgeQwerty
11-13-2009, 01:20 PM
My thoughts numerically ordered out.

1) Not saying its a bad thing, but it reminded me more than a little of Sin City and 300.

2) I feel sorry for the random guard Giovanni kills in part 2. Seriously, the guy's just standing there and and he's just murdered for doing his job!

3) Rodrigo Borgia's actor is a little better than I'd thought, which is good since he'll probably be the character here we;'ll see the most ingame. I'm also pleased they remembered to give him a Spanish accent. Still, I didn't really see anything that resembled the historical Rodrigo beyond being just another scheming cardinal.

4) Lorenzo de Medici spends every scene in the same pose. He was quite stately, but he didn't really do anything except react to the plot.

5) The interrogator guy, whom I assume is also a public official of some sort. I don't know if its intentional, but the actor's performance and accent was hilarious in a good way. he reminded me of a sterotypical mafia thug, especially when his made the thug and priest 'offers they could not refuse.'

6) The family... I like how Federico is set up to be the obvious successor. I also liked the mother, but I'm kind of pleased Ezio has a different actor in the game. He was kind of flat here.

7) The conspiracy. Obviously, the Pope knows about it and supports it, but he probably doesn't know he's really aiding a cabal of atheist megalomaniacs out to literally rewrite history and society as we know it instead of your typical Italian family feud.

Overall, I kind of liked it, in a dorky 'Never win an Emmy' sort of way.

EzioAssassin51
11-13-2009, 03:21 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Obviously forgetting that he actually has a third son. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good one! lol! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

Anyway! I think it's a good plot! That chick might be the one he has the 'scene' with at the start and maybe it them leads to the tragedy at the start of the game!

I really like how you either need to find the hidden blade or it returns to you somehow but it's broken!

SWJS
11-13-2009, 03:39 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Overall, I kind of liked it, in a dorky 'Never win an Emmy' sort of way. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You mean like a Cult Classic?

Choopius
11-13-2009, 03:57 PM
I think my ONE actual complaint about "Lineage" is that I think I'll now have "gay, feminine, Ezio" from the film in my head when I think of "awesome in-game- Ezio.

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

Confusious30
11-13-2009, 04:07 PM
Because nobody said it, I loved Frederico from the short film.

"Don't ever doubt the words of an Auditore again."

Just awesome.

Confusious30
11-13-2009, 06:38 PM

Part 1:

Part 2:

Part 3:

bukowski113
11-13-2009, 06:43 PM
You can also watch it right here: http://assassinscreedlineage.us.ubi.com/

Enjoy!

JudgeQwerty
11-13-2009, 06:46 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Confusious30:
Because nobody said it, I loved Frederico from the short film.

"Don't ever doubt the words of an Auditore again."

Just awesome. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That part kind of tickles me because the guy KNOWS Giovanni is a professional assassin who regularly murders people while disguised as a banker. Hardly a model of honesty and respectability.

UchihaKarasu
11-13-2009, 07:16 PM
Just finished watching!!! I http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/heart.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/heart.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/heart.gif'd it http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif
I really like the ending, it gave me chills!!!!
I'LL SAVE YOU, GIOVANNI!!!!.....er...wait, nevermind http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

But I kind of feel gypped because....where the hell did these scenes go?!?!
http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb133/UchihaKarasu/The_climb_scene_2_by_explodingapple.jpg
http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb133/UchihaKarasu/The_climb_scene_1_by_explodingapple.jpg
I was really looking forward to these scenes!!!!!!! WTF Ubisoft?!?! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-mad.gif

LaurenIsSoMosh
11-13-2009, 08:20 PM
Ah, now I know what was missing from it...

I guess those scenes were taken out because this is a focus on Giovanni, not Ezio.

The entire film is an advertisement enough as it is, showing off gameplay mechanics like disarming and distracting with money. I guess pulling a scene directly from the tutorial was unnecessary.

the amolang
11-13-2009, 08:37 PM
I just finished it now as well, and wow it was pretty sweet. better than I thought, Giovanni's hood still annoys me though...

Jlroberts
11-14-2009, 02:03 AM
Anyone know where i can get a'hold of that instrumental that played at the end during the credits?and on part 3 i mean the one taht played just before the credits when he's saying federico and ezio are assassin's

Xanatos2007
11-14-2009, 02:36 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jlroberts:
Anyone know where i can get a'hold of that instrumental that played at the end during the credits?and on part 3 i mean the one taht played just before the credits when he's saying federico and ezio are assassin's </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Here. (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=UDME970B)

Jlroberts
11-14-2009, 04:12 AM
Thanks for the link