PDA

View Full Version : Just Installed IL2 FB Help for ASE

riggie68
02-04-2005, 09:22 AM
Hi Everyone
Just installed IL2 FB the 2 disc version 1.0 updated to 1.22. When I go to play online at the ASE, all I get is timed out ? They are playing on Dogfight is this part of FB or a download/add-on. Please note I havent even tried this game yet off line !
By the way if anyone wants this game in England its on sale at Morrisons for 5.99 "Bargain"

Vacillator
02-04-2005, 09:46 AM
Is the server you mention running FB 1.22? Most these days will not be, more likely to be Ace Expansion Pack or Pacific Fighters (as stand-alones or merged together).
Going on-line without trying the game off-line? Very brave but perhaps not the best place to learn the fundamentals?

riggie68
02-04-2005, 09:50 AM
Cheers Vacillator
I have checked on ASE and they are running Dogfight 3.04, What do I have to buy to play on these arenas.
Can you tell what game is running from the Version No

riggie68
02-04-2005, 09:59 AM
One More thing, I am running the correct version 1.22 for some of the ubi.com servers and I just get timed out when I try to connect. There is space on the game, the server was not full?

Vacillator
02-04-2005, 10:06 AM
3.04 is the latest version (patch) of Pacific Fighters. It can be a stand-alone or a combined install with Ace Expansion Pack (an addon for Il2 FB). So if you want to go there you definitely need to buy PF and possibly AEP as well.
I would buy them both again without hesitation but you might want to give your 1.22 version a try off-line first to see if it comes close to what you want.
Dogfight refers to the type of action the server is set up for, so no extra requirements there.
Personally I don't know about ASE so someone else might be more help. Or you could try contacting them or go to other servers?

FatBoyHK
02-04-2005, 11:03 AM
a-ssuming you are connecting to a server with the same version as you have. If you have timeout error, and you are using dial-up / ASDL, which have dynamic IP, make sure you select the dynamic IP in the IL2 Setup (a seperate app, look for it in the start menu).... see the networking tab in this app. Select the dynamic IP instead of "default"... You need to do it every time your reset your internet connection

but strange enough, HyperLobby doesn't require this extra step.... however, HL doesn't support OS with double-byte OS (such as Chinese)... so I need to stay with ASE.... but AFAIK it has a advantage. It is, the player number listed on ASE is more accurate... on the other hand, HL only show those player who connect through HL, but not through ASE, or direct ip connection

Troll2k
02-04-2005, 11:05 AM
Make sure that if you have any firewalls(xp or 3rd party) running that you allow IL2fb access.

riggie68
02-04-2005, 11:32 AM
Cheers Chaps
Will check all this out now
I am using ISDN 1.1mb Does this type of connection always use the same IP ?