PDA

View Full Version : models

M2morris
01-29-2008, 01:13 AM
I have seen documentaries with behind the scenes stuff showing how they made CGI films such as Shreck and Lord of the Rings and so on.
They laser scanned physical models and the 3D data was put into the computers etc.
I think it would be very interesting to see some behind the scenes stuff on how this sim was made. Are there actual physical models of these planes that UBI used? and are they still on the shelves somewhere? I would love to see "The Making of IL2"

M2morris
01-29-2008, 01:13 AM
I have seen documentaries with behind the scenes stuff showing how they made CGI films such as Shreck and Lord of the Rings and so on.
They laser scanned physical models and the 3D data was put into the computers etc.
I think it would be very interesting to see some behind the scenes stuff on how this sim was made. Are there actual physical models of these planes that UBI used? and are they still on the shelves somewhere? I would love to see "The Making of IL2"

K_Freddie
01-29-2008, 01:17 AM
I think it was good old 3d modelling from blue-prints and photgraphs.
Movies have budgets of millions, I don't think Oleg has such a luxury.

Imagine if he had.. Toys Toys toys... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

M2morris
01-29-2008, 01:31 AM
Wow I geuss that was a dumb assumption of mine, dayum there would be a warehouse full of little areoplanes. I would still like to see how they did it though.

Jutocsa
01-29-2008, 03:44 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by K_Freddie:
I think it was good old 3d modelling from blue-prints and photgraphs.
Movies have budgets of millions, I don't think Oleg has such a luxury.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not to mention movie planes has budgets of millions - of polygons. For a game it would be the perfect waste of money and working hours to scan then work it down to a couple thousand poly.