PDA

View Full Version : No Credit ? ? ?

Chief_W_Mueller
03-21-2006, 09:25 PM
U-98 was just in a convoy battle with 400 meters visibility. I put an eel into the engine room of a T2 at vertually point blank range and it limped off. Then I put another eel under the keel of a troop transport, breaking it's back. I swung around and saw the T2 dead in the water. As I approached, a corvette pinged me so I took U-98 deep. Depth charges exploded a few hundered meters astern. I ordered rig for silent running and all stop. After a few minutes, the corvette stopped as well. Time to play the waiting game with U-98 at 87 meters, a T2 dead in the water just above and abeam of me, and a corvette waiting on the other side of the T2 at idle.

I waited for perhaps 2 hours (real time) and finally the sound of bulkheads collapsing could clearly be heard throughout the boat. The T2 had succumbed to it's wounds and slipped beneath the waves. Once the T2 was gone, the corvette powered up and sped to catch the convoy. About half and hour later I surfaced and made for a distant lone merchant from a radio report.

When I checked my 'kill sheet', I got credit for the troop transport but NOT the T2!?!?! I was happy to have survived but would have liked the 10,500 tons. Does anyone have any ideas on what could have happened?

Thanks and GOOD HUNTING ! ! !

Chief_W_Mueller
03-21-2006, 09:25 PM
U-98 was just in a convoy battle with 400 meters visibility. I put an eel into the engine room of a T2 at vertually point blank range and it limped off. Then I put another eel under the keel of a troop transport, breaking it's back. I swung around and saw the T2 dead in the water. As I approached, a corvette pinged me so I took U-98 deep. Depth charges exploded a few hundered meters astern. I ordered rig for silent running and all stop. After a few minutes, the corvette stopped as well. Time to play the waiting game with U-98 at 87 meters, a T2 dead in the water just above and abeam of me, and a corvette waiting on the other side of the T2 at idle.

I waited for perhaps 2 hours (real time) and finally the sound of bulkheads collapsing could clearly be heard throughout the boat. The T2 had succumbed to it's wounds and slipped beneath the waves. Once the T2 was gone, the corvette powered up and sped to catch the convoy. About half and hour later I surfaced and made for a distant lone merchant from a radio report.

When I checked my 'kill sheet', I got credit for the troop transport but NOT the T2!?!?! I was happy to have survived but would have liked the 10,500 tons. Does anyone have any ideas on what could have happened?

Thanks and GOOD HUNTING ! ! !

Milner62
03-21-2006, 11:27 PM
If it was bad weather and rough seas, you might have damaged the ship but in those 2 hours the heavy seas might have been the real cause of the sinking and thats why you didnt get the tonnage, i know i was out of eels and i ramed a small merchant took alot of damage and sunk the small merchant but never got the the tonnage from the small merchant

Silva_Bullet
03-22-2006, 12:28 AM
Yeah, that's probably it. I often see the 'broken ship' icon appear during rough weather, even if I never even made contact with the vessel. God damn those lightning bolts.

Hood Gunting

Chief_W_Mueller
03-22-2006, 07:44 AM
That would explain it. The weather was rain/fog and 7m/s winds. The T2 was sitting with her stern quite low and probably the waves just washed over her decks and brought her down.

Interestingly enough, there was no broken ship icon on the map once she sank. Two days earlier I sank a C3 in the same bad fog and I did get credit but no broken ship icon for that one either. Maybe the broken ship icon indicates that you had good enough visibility to witness the sinking?

Thanks for your input and GOOD HUNTING ! ! !

Foehammer-1
03-23-2006, 09:25 AM
no, 3 days ago i kept sinking a C3 over and over, and it would still not register in the

Captains log. The weather- 1 m/s wind, sea like glass, very sunny, no clouds at all. I'm

pretty sure I could witness the sinking. Another time i surfaced and pummeled the same

C3 with a deck gun. There was a broken ship icon but still no record in the log. I gave up and went home with a full torpedo load.